The random fact thread

Tools    

The longest game of monopoly in history lasted 70 straight days

In the UK 28 million pints of beer are consumed every day, which equates to 100 litres per head each year

- You burn more calories sleeping than you do watching television.

- The first product to have a bar code was Wrigley's gum.

- A Boeing 747's wingspan is longer than the Wright brother's first flight

- The first CD pressed in the US was Bruce Springsteen's "Born in the USA."

- Apples, not caffeine, are more efficient at waking you up in the morning.

- The 57 on the Heinz ketchup bottle represents the number of varieties of pickles the company once had.

- Most dust particles in your house are made from dead skin.

- There are only seven professional (MLB), (NHL), (NBA), (NFL) that do not end in "s" Colorado Avalanche, Boston Red Sox, Chicago White Sox, Orlando Magic, Miami Heat, Tampa Bay Lightning, and the Utah Jazz.

- What occurs more often in December than any other month?
Conception.

- A 'Jiffy' is actually a unit of time for 1/100th of a second.

- At 90 degrees (F) below zero your breath will freeze in midair and fall to the ground

- There are more stars in the universe than grains of sand on all the beaches in the world.

- Average life span of a major league baseball: 7 pitches.

- The only bird that can fly backwards: Hummingbird.

- It takes 3,000 cows to supply the NFL with enough leather for a year's supply of footballs.

- An ostrich's eye is bigger that it's brain

- The highest point in Pennsylvania is lower than the lowest point in Colorado.

- Tigers have striped skin, not just striped fur.

If you could compress all the molecules in new york city together so that they are touching, then the city would fit inside a matchbox.

Alfred Hitchcock didn't have a belly button. It was eliminated when he was sewn up after surgery.

If you pause "Saturday Night Fever" at the "How Deep Is Your Love" rehearsal scene, you will see the camera crew reflected in the dance hall mirror

Jean-Claude Van Damme was the alien in the original "PREDATOR" in almost all the jumping and climbing scenes

I once ate goat with the hair still on it and didn't know it until after I was full.

I once ate goat with the hair still on it and didn't know it until after I was full.

I've bench pressed my parents house.
The individual words are jumbled then the spaces are removed. PM the answer to me. First one with the answer wins.

- The inventor of baseball is also credited with firing the first Union shot of Civil war.

- The average life span of major league baseball is 7 pitches

- Babe Ruth wore a cabbage leaf under his cap while playing baseball, and he used to changed it every two innings.

- Baseball ended one of its oldest traditions in 1997 when inter league play begin for the first time. This means that teams from the American league can play National league teams during the regular season The first inter league game was played on June 12, 1997.

- before 1859, baseball umpires were seated in padded chairs behind home plate

- Rats are 37% effective in identifying what causes cancer in humans. Flipping a coin would be more accurate.

- Heart by pass surgery was put on hold for years because it didn’t work on dogs.

The sound of E.T. walking was made by someone squishing her hands in jelly.

-When you correct for weight differences, men are proportionately stronger than horses.
-The first condoms were made of linen.
-During his lifetime, Herman Melville's Moby Dick sold only 50 copies.