Pierre Morel's - "District B13"

Tools    

Website
http://www.districtb13.com

Trailer
http://movies.yahoo.com/movie/1809280961/trailer

Starring David Belle, aguably the founder, the most respected and the most famous athlete of parkour ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Parkour ) comes this inventive action-adventure picture from writer/producer Luc Besson (La Femme Fatale, Leon: The Professional, The Transporter) and directed by Pierre Morel.

If you haven't seen online videos or tv spots of parkour, I suggest you seek them out, NOW! This fairly new urban "sport" is incredible, and to put this out in a feature length film is not only daring, but exciting. I really can't wait for this to reach theatres here.

Source www.allmovie.com
Plot Synopsisby Jason Buchanan</B>""""""A nuclear weapon has been stolen by the most powerful gang in Paris' treacherous, walled-in ghetto, and it's up to a determined cop and a vigilante criminal in search of his sister to infiltrate the sector, save the girl, and get the bomb out of the bad guys' hands in an action-packed tale produced by Luc Besson and directed by cinematographer Pierre Morel. The year is 2010, and a massive wall has been erected to keep the violence of the Paris ghetto confined to District B13. Within these walls, gangs rules the streets and law enforcement is powerless. This time the gangs have gone too far, though, and when the authorities realize that a nuclear weapon has been smuggled into the district, specially trained policeman and martial artist Damien is assigned the task of retrieving the weapon of mass destruction before Paris goes up in flames. He's not going to be able to do it on his own, though, and when Damien learns that breakaway bad guy Leïto's sister has been abducted by the very same gang, the pair soon forges a tentative partnership that merges the power of law enforcement with the anything-goes attitude of the criminal element."""""

Horrorphiliac

Ook why have you put this in the Upcoming movies section 'couse I watched this movie like an year ago and it's from 2004

Originally Posted by B-card
Ook why have you put this in the Upcoming movies section 'couse I watched this movie like an year ago and it's from 2004
because its not yet out in North America...

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
Originally Posted by JBriscoe
because its not yet out in North America...
Yes it was.

At least in Canada anyways.

Suspect's Reviews

Well, i saw it ages ago. It's pretty good, not very original. Escape From New York in La Haine with some Ong Bak.

Originally Posted by TheUsualSuspect
Yes it was.

At least in Canada anyways.
DVD Release Date: September 5, 2006

I meant the DVD release, not the theatre release...my mistake

Originally Posted by JBriscoe
DVD Release Date: September 5, 2006

I meant the DVD release, not the theatre release...my mistake
then you should have put it in the DVD section but nevermind the movie was good the stunts especialy french men know how to make good stunts