Film ending that are open to interpretation? Good? Bad?

Tools    

A system of cells interlinked
But there IS a clear point to the film - Several in fact. No one has said you have to go online to understand the film. Plenty of people understand it just fine without reading a thing about it. The discussions one can get into online can certainly make one's understanding of the film more robust, but Mulholland Drive isn't as obtuse as you are making it out to be.

Banned from Hollywood.
Warning spoiler concerning Mulholland Drive.

Young ambitious actress goes to hollywood to star t a film career..meets famous movie star falls in love, but eventually the famous movie star doesnt help her "lesbian" friend make it in the business, cause she's too busy being fu*cked by her manager...finally young ambitious actress who doesnt suceed in hollywood, is haunted by her past amongst other things and ends up killing herself..

of course there's more to read into and study about this movie (i.e. the box, the man behind the wall, etc)

the first part of the movie could be a dream if you chose to see it the way i do..Others have a totally different interpretation for the whole movie..there are surely 2 or 3 more..but i chose to stick to the easiest one because it makes more sense in my own eyes. I d rather not read too much into a Lynch movie. Truly a masterpiece any way you look at it.

A look at the dark side of showbusiness.