The Amazing Spider Man 2

Tools    

Aw man, you beat me to it.

I was really fanboying out when I saw that, I had to make sure they weren't talking about the video game or anything....

Pretty cool trailer, show a lot of stuff. But now I'm worried that they're treading Spider-Man 3 waters by having too many villains. As long as they keep the Green Goblin stuff in check (Electro and Rhino are more than enough), it could be an awesome movie.
Here, if you have a milkshake, and I have a milkshake, and I have a straw. There it is, that's a straw, you see? You watching?. And my straw reaches acroooooooss the room, and starts to drink your milkshake... I... drink... your... milkshake!
-Daniel, There Will Be Blood

The villain was probably one of the weaker parts of the first film, not too memorable, so the trailer looks good for this one, I'll probably watch as I have the previous Spider Man films

Didn't they already make some Spider Man films a few years ago, which were made by a better director, had a better cast, and were simply better on all levels..?

Whoever goes to see this in the cinema may as well burn bank notes on the carpet, and dance around the fire shouting "I love needless remakes!"

Didn't they already make some Spider Man films a few years ago, which were made by a better director, had a better cast, and were simply better on all levels..?

Whoever goes to see this in the cinema may as well burn bank notes on the carpet, and dance around the fire shouting "I love needless remakes!"
Actually they're based on the two different incarnations of the comic. Which is why one is called Spider Man and the new one is The Amazing Spider Man.

And Sam Raimi's original wasn't that special. Spider Man 2 was pretty decent but Spider Man 3 sucked more than Bana's version of Hulk.

The Amazing Spider Man is a solid film. On a par, and in many ways better than Raimi's best outing Spider Man 2.

Yep, I agree with Rodent. This isn't some "needless remake". This is similar to how Nolan brought life back to the Batman franchise. Webb has done the same after the catastrophe known as Spider-Man 3. Sure, they didn't take their time doing it, but I doubt any Spider-Man fan would want to wait that long anyways.

I enjoyed The Amazing Spider-Man more than Raimi's version (ignoring the nostalgia factor).

The Bib-iest of Nickels
I'd probably say this, The Amazing Spider-Man carried a cinematography and stylization that could easily be compared to Christopher Nolan's Batman trilogy. I am talking about the visuals, not the pacing and storytelling, mind you. Which is actually something that we haven't seen before because most Marvel movies have a light-heart pacing to them, and even when that changes and there's a seriousness, it never lets you forget that it's a movie. I love Marvel movies, but I think it's kind-of cool to see Spider-Man taken in an approach that isn't completely comic-book logic.

With that, I walked away from The Amazing Spider-Man movie with considerably positive remarks to say about the flick, for starters, the chemistry between Emma Stone and Andrew Garfield was distinctive. The characters were more intricate and relatable, whereas, while Tobey was a nerd, it seemed more like one out of a comic-book than out of reality. (Which was the point.) The problems with the movie were that the villain absolutely sucked, and there weren't really any memorable moments at all whatsoever.

The first Spider-Man movie had an amazing villain, colorful cinematography (albeit in a different way), and had so many memorable scenes like the cage match, the fight scene, hell, even when he ****ing catches Mary Jane's lunch-tray, it's the kind of thing that sticks with you. The second movie arguably improved on the first, and the third, albeit messy, isn't nearly as bad as people say. "Oh, but Peter went emo!" I think that was hilarious because it was so foreseeable with the character. Tobey McGuire comes off as the biggest dweeb imaginable, if you were to ask his character to try and be "cool" and "mysterious," it would honestly have been something like that which makes it more hilarious because you can totally see him doing it.

The problems with the third one were that the villains were underdeveloped, which at the same time is understandable to a degree, because it was more about the symbiote than Eddie Brock. They needed a way to personify Spidey's alter-ego in a way that it could be fought, and they did it that way.

Whereas, I've seen The Amazing Spider-Man three times, and can't even remember Uncle Ben's death. That's because it wasn't emotional at all. I think The Amazing Spider-Man was a very good idea, is a very good idea, and has a talented cast, but the first movie lacked heart. The second-movie, on the other-hand, looks tremendous, as if they maintained the concepts that made the remake decent, and borrowed what made Sam Raimi's series so good.

Spider-Man: 9.0
Spider-Man 2: 8.9
Spider-Man 3: 6.6
The Amazing Spider-Man: 7.6

Miss Vicky's Loyal and Willing Slave
I was really fanboying out when I saw that
Same here! Could be awesome.

Also for anyone wanting a more in-depth analysis of the trailer you might want to look at IGN's rewind theatre feature on it. Be warned though it's quite heavy on what might be considered spoilers to be discovered during the actual film

IGN Rewind Theatre - Amazing Spider-Man 2 trailer

A loving heart is the truest wisdom.
So one villain was boring and underdeveloped in the first movie and now they're going try and juggle three of them? Spiderman 3 version 2.0 here we come!

The Bib-iest of Nickels
So one villain was boring and underdeveloped in the first movie and now they're going try and juggle three of them? Spiderman 3 version 2.0 here we come!
I am assuming that Rhino is going to be a one-off character for the first opening minutes, reminding me of how he was in the first Spider-Man game on the PlayStation, and Green Goblin is going to be more of a spectacle between Harry and Norman leading to the next film. I feel like Electro is certainly the main.

On the outside looking in.
Trailer:

&feature=youtu.be
Looks like this year's BATMAN & ROBIN.

I'm pretty sure Batman & Robin was a once in a lifetime event. I think Webb can handle having 3 villains like this. For sure he's watched Spiderman 3 and has taken notes on what went wrong. Really, the main problem with having 3 villains is underdevelopment (I still refuse to believe that was Venom...). If Webb plans it out nicely, there shouldn't be much of a problem.

YYEeeeeeeessssssssssssssssssss, I've been waiting for this trailer to hit. Mymy, how time fly's, it seems like this series just happened. I'd have to agree with Mmmm Donuts, he brings up a good point, about the underdevelopment of the characters trying to cram that many into one movie. I don't think it's the case in this next movie. it looks like a lot of villains but I think you'll see that they are just a bi-product of the most important villain, Osborn, and he has plenty of character development in the first Movie of this series and he wasn't even seen once, just referred to as someone that'll do anything it takes to get what he wants.

I'm not old, you're just 12.
Looks like this year's BATMAN & ROBIN.
It really doesn't. Batman and Robin, while kind of awesome, was a terribly misguided attempt to get more kids in to see Batman films, and to sell toys and merchandise to said children. The fact that it was also hilarious, strangely homoerotic, and a giant waste of an all too talented cast is just icing on the rotten cake.

This may not look like what fanboys want out of a Spider-Man movie, but it looks well made and really kind of cool. I am convinced that you CAN'T please a certain section of the fan community, no matter how hard you try, so why bother?

https://shawnsmovienight.blogspot.com/

On the outside looking in.

The title of this series is something of a misnomer, as it should really be called THE AMAZING SPIDER-BOY...

Me, too; the last one had more cheese than a Boston Pizza.
After watching both the original and the remade version back to back, The Amazing Spider-Man was way less cheesier than Raimi's first movie.