What is the best place to buy online DVDs?

Tools    

What is the best place to buy online DVDs?

Pretty hard to beat Amazon, in my experience, though it depends on what you're looking for. There are a few sites that, every now and then, go nuts and offer a handful of DVDs at an outrageous sale for a short period of time.

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
There may be some cheaper places, but since I use their super store down the street, I recommend DVD Planet.

Yeah, I'll second DVD PLanet. I've been shopping there on-line (and at their actual building whenever I was in L.A.) since the mid-1990s and I was buying LaserDiscs (DVDs weren't even on the market yet). Their prices are competitive with the other major online retailers and their service has always been aces with me.

"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

Bad Morther****er
Well DVD Planet and Amazon are generally the best places, but if you really really want a certain DVD just shop all of the places. You'd be amazed by the differences in prices from site 2 site. If you don't mind used DVD's then ebay can be great. I mainly use Ebay for specialty packaging when I already own the DVD, i.e. Reservoir Dogs(4 10th anniversary and the 15th anniversary covers).
Justice will be served/ And the battle will rage/ This big dog will fight/ When you rattle his cage/ And you’ll be sorry that you messed with the U.S. of A./ Cause we`ll put a boot in your ass/ It`s the American way.
Courtesy Of The Red, White & Blue - Toby Keith

Amazon.com! It's my homepage. hehe You can also find many on-line sites, through Amazon.

If you can't find a certain movie, at times, movie rental stores can special order them for you.

Now I must check out this DVD Planet. I've never heard of them.

Any European sites perchance?
I'd "maybe" do better trying to find specific titles, before I could find a decent site. Is your list long? What are some of the titles you are looking for? I ran his name at Amazon.com, to see what all would come up, and
Caché
can be downloaded. I have no clue if that is one that you want, but are you willing to do that any?

The People's Republic of Clogher
I want everything but Caché and Funny games...the Kino box set looks great, but it's region one...
I'd definitely get a multi region DVD player, adi. Make sure your TV can cope with NTSC first though - don't think that matters with LCD tellys but I'm still in the Stone Age and can't confirm.

I've picked up a load of stuff recently from eBay, all new and dirt cheap - Incident At Loch Ness for £5 including shipping from The States for example and a couple of hard to find (here) R3 Kitano DVDs for £10 each.

For rank and file movies I rarely buy online as there are loads of shops here with a good selection and a sale never far away but the online site I've used a lot in the past is Yesasia.

dvdplanet.com
deepdiscount.com
hkflix.com
xpoitedcinema.com

all of these are reputable, reliable, and competitive...

Horrorphiliac

Independent Film Producer
Amazon is usually the first place I will look, but depending on what the title is, and how fast I want it, I will check prices and availability at my local Best Buy. Sometimes, it's in stock, ready to pick up at a lower price.... but not too often.

\m/ Fade To Black \m/
I say play.com or do what I do check play then check eBay lol look for the cheapest price DVD

I usual buy my dvd at deepdiscount.com they got some good deal. and its free shiping all the time. sometimes they have sales during the summer and christmas. sometimes i buy my dvd at amzone.com. i mostly buy my dvds at mcakays used book store. they sell used dvds and cds their.

eBay, ioffer, etc for cheap and used. I also buy off air copies as the official copies are so expensive for what they are. Also Bangkok.

DO NOT buy from tvdvdworld. They are a nightmare company. Check out the internet for complaints about them.