The random fact thread

Tools    

The Adventure Starts Here!
President George W. Bush was once a cheerleader.

In the U.S. there are 18 doctors called Dr. Doctor, and one called Dr. Surgeon. There is also a dermatologist named Dr. Rash, a psychiatrist called Dr. Couch and an anesthesiologist named Dr. Gass
And my OB/GYN's office is in Beaver, Pa.

And my OB/GYN's office is in Beaver, Pa.

I pleaded the 5th once..................this makes it twice..

The Adventure Starts Here!
I don't get it. Why would you have to plead the fifth? That just means you don't want to incriminate yourself.

I'm confused. But, that fact I posted is true. Plus, Beaver, Pa., is in Beaver County. It's near Beaver Falls, Pa., and also Big Beaver, Pa.

You know, I so wish I was kidding right now.

According to Steve Martin it is impossible to shove a piano up your nose.

Also contrary to popular belief Cat's CANNOT see in the dark.

Misquoted Quotes:

1) "Money is the root of all evil" should be "The Love of Money is the root to all evil"

2) Me Tarzan, you Jane" - was a catchphrase inaccurately-quoted from Tarzan, the Ape Man (1932)

Should be:

Jane: (pointing to herself) Jane.
Tarzan: (he points at her) Jane.
Jane: And you? (she points at him) You?
Tarzan: (stabbing himself proudly in the chest) Tarzan, Tarzan.
Jane: (emphasizing his correct response) Tarzan.
Tarzan: (poking back and forth each time) Jane. Tarzan. Jane. Tarzan...

3) "Damn it, Jim! I'm a doctor not a..
(McCoy had several lines of this sort, except that he never said "damn it".)

4) "That's one small step for man, one giant leap for mankind." should be "That's one small step for a man, one giant leap for mankind"

5) "Blood, Sweat, and Tears" - Winston Churchill Should be "I have nothing to offer but blood, toil, tears, and sweat."

Al Pacino likes spaghetti and meatballs.

See the trailer here:

It deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoetnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer be at the rghit pclae. The rset can be a toatl mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe.

http://www.mrc-cbu.cam.ac.uk/~mattd/Cmabrigde/

It deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoetnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer be at the rghit pclae. The rset can be a toatl mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe.

http://www.mrc-cbu.cam.ac.uk/~mattd/Cmabrigde/
That's cool.

In 1982, a high school student from Los Angeles, California unscrambled the Rubik's Cube in 22.95 seconds.

In the movie 'The Wizard Of Oz', Toto the dog's salary was $125 a week, while Judy Garland was $500 a week.

President Bush and Saddam Hussein both have their shoes made by the same Italian shoemaker!

Danny Elfman, previously frontman for the rock group Oingo Boingo, has composed the music for every Tim Burton feature film, with the exception of Ed Wood. He also is the singing voice of Jack Skellington (Nightmare Before Christmas), Bonejangles (The Corpse Bride), and the Oompa Loompas (Charlie and the Chocolate Factory)