Do you people consider John Turturro to be a good actor?

Tools    

I was just thinking about this the other day. I rarely see him mentioned when favorite actors are being talked about, so i was wondering, do you guys rate him as an actor, and if not, why?

I am having a nervous breakdance
Yes, he is. He's probably not mentioned because he's not a big megastar. He mostly gets supporting roles and actors like that are not very often mentioned on best actors lists. It's just like Philip Seymour Hoffman.

--------

They had temporarily escaped the factories, the warehouses, the slaughterhouses, the car washes - they'd be back in captivity the next day but
now they were out - they were wild with freedom. They weren't thinking about the slavery of poverty. Or the slavery of welfare and food stamps. The rest of us would be all right until the poor learned how to make atom bombs in their basements.

he's decent, hillary duff is better
You might see us floating by-i--i

The Mad Prophet of the Movie Forums
Originally posted by NexijunRodent
he's decent, hillary duff is better
Pedophile.

He is a great actor.

I really like him, He was fabulous in 'The Big Lebowski' and 'Brother where Art Thou'

In Soviet America, you sue MPAA!
His best performance was in Do the Right Thing.

Anti-Poser
Yes he is a great actor. Barton Fink was really good.

I've liked him in just about everything he's ever been in.
"Today, war is too important to be left to politicians. They have neither the time, the training, nor the inclination for strategic thought. I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids."

I like to watch...
John Turturro is wonderful. His role in Spike Lee's Jungle Fever was brilliant. He is very underrated in my opinion - not many have the range to do both drama and comedy like he does...most of his roles are supporting, but he is always so memorable. Give the man a bloody Oscar - NOW!!

John Turturro is my favorite actor above any other. I've seen just about everything he has ever done. It is more than a worth while effort to seek out his entire filmography I recommend it.

Some of my favorites - Barton Fink, Box of Moonlight, Jungle Fever, Miller's Crossing, O Brother Where Art Thou?, Do the Right Thing, The Truce, Sugartime, Five Corners, The Luzhin Defence...Just about everything really. He's incredible.

Originally Posted by Fuchsia
John Turturro is my favorite actor above any other. I've seen just about everything he has ever done. It is more than a worth while effort to seek out his entire filmography I recommend it.

Some of my favorites - Barton Fink, Box of Moonlight, Jungle Fever, Miller's Crossing, O Brother Where Art Thou?, Do the Right Thing, The Truce, Sugartime, Five Corners, The Luzhin Defence...Just about everything really. He's incredible.

You didn't like him in 'The Big Lebowski'

I love him..........he's great

"I'm your hell, I'm your dream.......I'm nothing in between.......You know you wouldn't want it any other way".........

"Listen, when I slap you, you'll take it and like it"..........Humphrey Bogart..........Maltese Falcon.......

Graze on my lips and if those hills be dry, stray lower, where the pleasant fountains lie...........William Shakespeare.......

Nebbit.....In my expert opinion.........I'd have to say it was very 70's...ish and it would have looked just divine on you.....

Originally Posted by Nikki
Nebbit.....In my expert opinion.........I'd have to say it was very 70's...ish and it would have looked just divine on you.....
Oh it did, I looked like Lara Croft.

Yes. Yes we do.

signed,
Spike Lee
Ethan Coen
Joel Coen
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

Originally Posted by nebbit
You didn't like him in 'The Big Lebowski'
Yes I did but so many people focus solely on his role as Jesus. I thought it would be a nice change for a man who has played such a wide range of characters to get attention for something else. The Big Lebowski *is* a favorite of mine (I'm going to the What Have You Fest soon in fact). It's just not his best role. He has had so many incredible parts. He's always great.

hes one of myfavourite actors
it seems every performance he gives is at least great, even when he is in a crappy move (eg mr deeds)

personally i liked him most quiz show and do the right thing, and unstrung heroes