How much do you trust Rotten Tomatoes?

Tools    

Rotten tomatoes tends to put down good movies which is very shameful. at the end rotten tomatoes is less than IMBD.

I agree with the grain-of-salt view for Rotten Tomatoes. IMDB, maybe 3-4 grains of salt.
wait what does grain of all salt mean?

Rotten tomatoes tends to put down good movies which is very shameful. at the end rotten tomatoes is less than IMBD.
Give me some examples.

Not that much, IMDB is much better and detailed in information. But its good to wait few weeks to get a fair movie critics stats.

I usually tend to trust the user rating before the critics.

The thing kept me from seeing The Nut Job. I trust it with my life.

(I pretty much use it to see reviews and scores on things I've already watched. Sometimes I'll watch the score if a movie coming up interests me. It generally doesn't keep me from watching movies or prompt me to see movies I wouldn't have otherwise, a couple exceptions for things rated as awful notwithstanding. Even if they're not professionals, if a hundred disconnected people say a movie sucks odds are good it does.

Edit: And just to be clear, when I say I watch the scores, I mean for my amusement, not to see if I should see it. )

wanabe movie critique
Who are they??

It gave Guardians of the Galaxy over 90% rating. That says that much about them.
“It's now very common to hear people say, 'I'm rather offended by that.' As if that gives them certain rights. It's actually nothing more... than a whine. 'I find that offensive.' It has no meaning; it has no purpose; it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. 'I am offended by that.' Well, so ****ing what." - Stephen Fry, The Guardian, 5 June 2005

i do not trust it at all, there were some very good movies which i have seen rated in a wrong way.

All rating systems have their flaws. One problem with IMDB is that users can rate films before they've even come out. Additionally, someone can rate a movie without ever seeing it. Additionally you have the classic bias of user ratings where only those with strong opinions go to the effort of rating a movie. With Rotten Tomatoes, both of these problems are mitigated, but it also suffers from various flaws--including the fact that a handful of critics may not have preferences that match your own and therefore their ratings are not useful to you.

Don't some critics give bad reviews just to add traffic to their site on RT?

You're saying they post a purposely polarizing review because they know that it will be a lightning rod for discussion?

I make my own decisions not rotten tomatoes or Leonard Maltin.

But I may look at the rating if I intend to purchase the film.

The Boondock Saints, one of my favorite films, has a 20% rating on rotten tomatoes. And according to Rotten Tomatoes, Quentin Tarantino worked on the movie, when in reality, he never was involved with the project.

Gangster Rap is Shakespeare for the Future
The Boondock Saints, one of my favorite films, has a 20% rating on rotten tomatoes. And according to Rotten Tomatoes, Quentin Tarantino worked on the movie, when in reality, he never was involved with the project.
Tarantino is also credited as being in Godard's King Lear in several places, he's pretty sneaky with film credits