What's the community aspect of this place like?

Tools    

Insanely, at times. Do stick around, you're sure to enjoy yourself!

I've been a member of many other forums and none of the others had anywhere near the sense of community that MoFo has. I've been here for five years and I log in many times a day. We have some very active members who've been around 10 years or more.

Master of My Domain
I've been a member of many other forums and none of the others had anywhere near the sense of community that MoFo has. I've been here for five years and I log in many times a day. We have some very active members who've been around 10 years or more.
This. The lack or members may feel like a restriction to active discussions, but actually it's quite the opposite. Most members are mature, wise, and active but know when and how to be funny and immature at the same time actually leads to many healthy discussions that are worth reading... unlike other forums where kids run loose trolling everyone. Also a small group of people makes this place feel like a family, which is a perfect place to relax and have fun.

And when I'm all alone I feel I don't wanna hide
Nothing but friendly, open posters always ready to engage in film discourse. I love it here.

It's the best forum I've ever been a member of as well. Mature discussions and freindly banter make the forums the place to be.

I will make a suggestion though: If you really want the MoFo community experience, it's better to jump in and post in already existing topics than to make new thread after new thread after new thread.

In seven months you've created as many threads as I have in five years.

I will make a suggestion though: If you really want the MoFo community experience, it's better to jump in and post in already existing topics than to make new thread after new thread after new thread.

In seven months you've created as many threads as I have in five years.
Don't listen to her. Do your own thing. You'll stand out better.

I've only been here 4 months, but I agree with the others, this is the best board around! Friendly, fun, intelligent and well managed too.

I do think it's hard for new posters to become established and get known, as some have been here so long that they're like old friends. I still feel like an outsider here at times, though I try to join in.

I love it. Been here nearly 10 years. ok I had a break for a few things in life that interfered, but just when I thought I was out , they pull me back in

A system of cells interlinked
It's my favorite community on the net, hands down. I am part of other communities, but none are as tight-knit as Movie Forums. Best group of folks on these here interwebs!

I joined here to advertise some reviews but then realised you weren't really allowed to advertise and not really give anything back, so I started posting a little and it got more and more. I didn't want to advertise or doing any reviews by myself no more, I have everything I could ever want related to movies here. Everyone is great, lots of characters and people putting in effort with all sorts of great features/threads, the administration/mods is always fast and fair etc.

Lots of great things like lists and competitions, and everyone just loves to discuss movies. I have seen loads of movies I never would have if I hadn't joined, and the type of films I watch has evolved massively. I know it sounds cheesy but most people will say on here that MoFo is a big and enjoyable part of their life

Only relatively new myself, but folks here seem very friendly and already got film recommendations lined up from here