Movies that are too long

Tools    

BANNED (PLANT)
I'm glad someone mentioned A.I. Yoda and I saw that in the theater and I think toward the end we actually said to each other, "That whole last 20 minutes should go."

It felt tacked on and stupid, much like other parts of the movie itself.
My thoughts entirely!

I think Gone With the Wind is too long.... also Titanic...

haha, i liked titanic!

Oh, definitely Titanic and LOTR trilogy...they are a nice long movies...

A system of cells interlinked
"The Fountain" is hour and a half long, but it feels much longer

The Fountain was fantastic, and no, it wasn't too long...

I'll probably get crucified for this, but Once Upon A Time In The West is too long, IMHO, anyway. The pacing of some of the scenes is just way too slow. If Leone had tightened it up a bit and cut say, a half hour from the running time, it would truly be the best western ever.

As it is, that honor falls to another Leone masterpiece, The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly.

I'll probably get crucified for this, but Once Upon A Time In The West is too long...
Leone intended to create the sensation of the last gasps that a person takes just before dying in Once Upon A Time In The West. OK, I read that on the back of the special edition DVD.

I just saw the movie C.R.A.Z.Y, it's an interesting french Canadian flick by Jean-Marc Vallée. If he had cut 40 minutes it would have been brilliant! But as it is it gets repetitious big time.

I may be crucified for saying this, but everytime I watch Fear and Loathing, after about an hour, I can't stop thinking "Oh my god, this movie is still on, I'm still watching it, it will be on for another couple hours, and it will not be worth it." I just think it could benefit from serious editing. I think several of the episodes could have been flat out ommitted, even, especially in the last hour. However, I have seen it several times, and I will probably watch it many, many more, but this is mostly because the film remembers so well for me, probably due to the incredible performances of Johnny Depp and Benecio del Torro, and the amazing directing of Terry Gilliam (probably his best since brazil), but whenever I actually sit down to watch it, I just remember....this movie is TOO LONG!