Palin Found Guilty In Abuse Of Power

Tools    

Long Live The New Flesh
I'm not typically a "told ya so" kinda guy, but considering the flack I got here for posting my opinions about this in the beginning, it seems .."poetic".

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/7662820.stm

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/1008/14477.html

http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/sto...70-661,00.html

Oh. On a side note, I've missed a few of the debates overseas on business, how are the presidential candidates doing so far? Who's leading, etc?

A system of cells interlinked
Flack? You mean, people not agreeing with you?

Long Live The New Flesh
Flack? You mean, people not agreeing with you?
I was called partisan and biased for posting about Palin in general. I would call that flack, but either way, those that didn't agree were wrong. It's moot I suppose - I've since moved to higher ground, as I'm at another movie forum where the ownership is more.."agreeable" with my political point of view. Just thought I'd drop in to point this out.

I had a chuckle.

The only thing you got "flack" for on this topic was making claims about the investigation which had already been proven false. I pointed this out multiple times, the most recent of which can be found here.

I'm not sure who this "I told you so" would be directed to. If you could kindly point me to any instance in which anyone on this forum concluded that the investigation would come out one way or the other, I'd appreciate it. The discussion was about how overblown the investigation was, and how people (like yourself) insisted on talking about things you seemed to know so little about.

That said, I can't say I'm surprised that you ducked out of the discussion (just as I began asking more direct questions) to seek out people who agree with you. Have fun in your echo chamber! Now you can be free from annoying people who bother you with facts and questions.

Long Live The New Flesh
I can't say I'm surprised that you ducked out of the discussion (just as I began asking more direct questions) to seek out people who agree with you. Have fun in your echo chamber! Now you can be free from annoying people who bother you with facts and questions.
No, we have plenty of healthy debate, actually (Moreso than here thus far) I just wanted a forum where the actual owner/admin wasn't so right-wing biased that it encouraged a sort of "bandwagon" gang mentality. Here I felt I had to defend myself against a litany of brownnosers or partisan interest, where there it's been fairly even keel. Plus I needn't worry about dissuasive or snide remarks being sent via pm by him/her, as my current admins over there are more "neutral".

Good luck with McCain/Palin btw. As I just now read, it looks like they'll need it to get past their recent slump.

Palin/troopergate

Obama/acornayreswrightrezcojoetheplumbergateetcetcetcetcsideways8gate

I never could get the hang of Thursdays.
Originally Posted by Videodrome
I've since moved to higher ground, as I'm at another movie forum where the ownership is more.."agreeable" with my political point of view. Just thought I'd drop in to point this out.
Good for you. Have fun there. Since it's such a great place where everyone agrees with you (I can imagine the threads now, a long list of 'yeah I agree' and 'me too' follow your statements, thrilling ) you won't need to come and post here. Oh wait, you still are...

No, we have plenty of healthy debate, actually (Moreso than here thus far)
Because after 42 posts you discover not everyone agrees with you and you conclude there is no healthy debate here?

I just wanted a forum where the actual owner/admin wasn't so right-wing biased that it encouraged a sort of "bandwagon" gang mentality. Here I felt I had to defend myself against a litany of brownnosers or partisan interest, where there it's been fairly even keel.
This is patently absurd. Firstly, it is pretty personal. I don't think Yoda's politics make any difference to how the site is run, or how other memebers of the forum think, vote or post. If I thought that was the case I wouldn't post here, I think there is a fairly broad spectrum of people posting here so I really don't see where you're coming from on this. And accusing the rest of us (because we are all accused in your sweeping generalisations) of 'bandwagon gang mentality' and being 'brownnosers' is pretty insulting, actually.

And I'm not even a republican. Palin scares me...

No, we have plenty of healthy debate, actually (Moreso than here thus far) I just wanted a forum where the actual owner/admin wasn't so right-wing biased that it encouraged a sort of "bandwagon" gang mentality.
Bandwagon? Most of the people in the debates over this election are Obama supporters. The only other regular participant in these arguments has been 7thson, and I don't believe he was involved in our first argument at all. This explanation doesn't wash.

Here I felt I had to defend myself against a litany of brownnosers or partisan interest, where there it's been fairly even keel. Plus I needn't worry about dissuasive or snide remarks being sent via pm by him/her, as my current admins over there are more "neutral".
Click on the link I gave above. Look at the quotes of yours in those boxes. Then remember that you gave all my posts negative rep -- even the ones that weren't addressed to you. Then come back here and accuse me of being "snide" and "dissuasive" with a straight face. Or perhaps you could address that accusation to the nearest mirror.

And again, I'd love to hear about this "litany" of supporters. Enumerate them for me, please. Because I'm pretty sure you're just reffering to, well, me. And what you had to defend yourself against was someone who actually took the time to shift through your faulty reasoning and factual misstatements point-by-point.

You can try to sell this rouse about neutrality all you like, but your reasons don't add up, and the timing is exceedingly convenient. In the beginning of our discussion, I avoided more direct questions because I thought it might be seen as rude. But after enduring a number of surprisingly childish insults, I decided you'd earned whatever bluntness I could muster. So I made a concious choice to ask you as many direct questions as possible, to eliminate your rhetorical wiggle room. Shockingly, this is when you took off. A complete coincidence, apparently.

You're not fooling anyone, I'm afraid, save for perhaps yourself.

No, we have plenty of healthy debate, actually (Moreso than here thus far) I just wanted a forum where the actual owner/admin wasn't so right-wing biased that it encouraged a sort of "bandwagon" gang mentality. Here I felt I had to defend myself against a litany of brownnosers or partisan interest, where there it's been fairly even keel. Plus I needn't worry about dissuasive or snide remarks being sent via pm by him/her, as my current admins over there are more "neutral".

Good luck with McCain/Palin btw. As I just now read, it looks like they'll need it to get past their recent slump.
Oh, that's rich... Bandwagon, indeed. I would say at least 70% of the member base on this site is hard core left, with a small platoon or centrists/libertarians/whatever (like me) kicking around, and then a small base of right-wingers. One need only pop into the Election '08 thread to see the slew of people battling with Yoda to see this is true.

Brown nosers? You mean, people with opinions that don't match yours? Meanwhile, that is a passive aggressive snide remark right there, so watch where you throw those stones in your lil glass house.

Funny, I have disagreed with Yoda a ton, usually over our differences in religious views (I'm an agnostic), and the debates have always been fair and thought provoking. I can't think of two more different people on the site, actually. I am a Musician/Rave DJ/Artist with views that conflict with many of the people on this site, but I find the discussion inspiring most of the time.

Of course, the community I belong to is about radical self expression and thought, so people with vastly differing opinions are encouraged, and not shunned. I would never want to be part of a community where everyone just sat around agreeing on everything...

Just my opinion, of course.

That said, I think you should stick around, because once people got the disagreements ironed out, I think you would find lots of fun [film based] discussion going on, and I enjoyed your views on film, as they seemed well studied and perceptive.

Perhaps after the election dust settles, eh?

Here's an idea.

I occasionally see people get off on the wrong foot with people on the site, while later burying the hatchet and becoming a valuable addition to the discussions. This usually takes a fresh approach from one or more members, as well as all parties involved swallowing some pride. I have done this numerous times in the past when I have been...<gulp> wrong!!

GASP!

OK, I said it.

Long Live The New Flesh
Good for you. Have fun there. Since it's such a great place where everyone agrees with you (I can imagine the threads now, a long list of 'yeah I agree' and 'me too' follow your statements, thrilling ) you won't need to come and post here. Oh wait, you still are...

Because after 42 posts you discover not everyone agrees with you and you conclude there is no healthy debate here?

This is patently absurd. Firstly, it is pretty personal. I don't think Yoda's politics make any difference to how the site is run, or how other memebers of the forum think, vote or post. If I thought that was the case I wouldn't post here, I think there is a fairly broad spectrum of people posting here so I really don't see where you're coming from on this. And accusing the rest of us (because we are all accused in your sweeping generalisations) of 'bandwagon gang mentality' and being 'brownnosers' is pretty insulting, actually.

And I'm not even a republican. Palin scares me...
And yet, despite your claims, I faced a deluge of majority republican punditry here. While there, I've seen a healthy back and forth of roughly even sides. ie: It's not me against the world. It makes sense that if I want a neutral forum, I find a forum that isn't run by openly conservative admin. Clearly, there's going to be an unspoken air of brown nosing of the admin in any forum, which is how I would characterize my debate experience here with the exception of one poster who had the integrity to step forward in defense of my position. But really, that brown nosing is further compounded when political partisanship is at play. You can argue against that for "PC" reasons, but it's intellectually dishonest IMO.

The above claim supposes two things:

1 - You are correct in all your views, and therefore defending you is the only right thing to do.

2 - Any disagreement with you is brown nosing, which is silly.

Just for the record.

I work here.

I do not support McCain/Palin.

I do not support Obama/Bidden.

I think both parties make some good points, and both parties also sling their share of mud/swiftboat tactics. Last night's debate made this QUITE clear.

I think Obama could have completely dominated if he, just once, stood up and said "Sir, would you care to discuss some issues?"

Alas, he didn't, and just got right down to mudslinging. Disappointing from a usually great orator.

I still the guy is a shoe-in, though. McCain is just not strong enough to battle Obama and the past eight years of strife as it resides in people's minds.

That said, I can't support bloated policy.

It's also assuming that what he's saying is actually true to begin with. This is maybe the third time he's made reference to some phantom army of partisans. I've asked, point blank, who on earth he's talking about, but I'm still waiting for an answer.

You DO have a point in that the debate in that thread could be healthier. I do think Politics are terribly divisive, especially around the time of a major election. It just takes some setting aside of emotions and reactionary commenting (which i am clearly guilty of from time to time).

It's also assuming that what he's saying is actually true to begin with. This is maybe the third time he's made reference to some phantom army of partisans. I've asked, point blank, who on earth he's talking about, but I'm still waiting for an answer.
I am an army of one. Perhaps he meant me.

Let's try to be broad-minded about this
No, we have plenty of healthy debate
healthy debate where you're calling conservatives uneducated, vacuous and facile?

I faced a deluge of majority republican punditry here.
haha! 7 republicans and 24 democrats have voted on that poll so i guess 29.16% of people disagreeing with you is just to much to take

You're a Genius all the time
Palin/troopergate

Obama/acornayreswrightrezcojoetheplumbergateetcetcetcetcsideways8gate
I'm not going to get into all this Videodrome ruckus, but this post is very unfair.

First of all, it's absurd to say that the only scandal/misrepresentation/instance of ineptness Sarah Palin has been involved with is this troopergate dealie. Besides the blatant ethics violation here, what about her initial crusading for the "bridge to nowhere"? Presiding, as mayor, over the "meth capital of Alaska"? The $26 billion natural gas pipeline that may never be built? Her associations with indicted senator Ted Stevens as well as a lobbyist who has been explicitly connected with Jack Abramoff? Her illegal predator control policy? The countless examples of the excessive pork projects and earmarks present during her governorship that she and McCain are now fighting against? The complete financial ruin of her hometown, Wasilla, because of the hockey rink she had built there? Lying about ebaying that jumbo jet which was actually privately sold to an airport at a loss of $600,000 to Alaskan taxpayers? How about the fact that she has sought travel reimbursement, as Governor, for 312 nights she spent in her own home? And on and on and on...

Secondly, the examples I listed above are, in my opinion, a whole heckuva lot more egregious than your beefs with Obama.

And, thirdly, not only are the four things you listed for Obama (Ayers, Rezco, Wright and Acorn) completely unsubstantiated, they're also complete non-issues. Plus, you then say "etc.etc.etc.etc." as if to imply Obama is neck-deep in these sorts of guilt by association "scandals". Can you name another instance other than the four lame ones you listed?

Since when do Yods and 7th account for 7 people?! I smell foul play!! Attica, Attica!! What, what...*scurries away*
haha naw thats just the voting stats so far

I know, I was trying to make a funny by implying that there are no other republicans on the site, which would mean someone, I shan't name any names, but it would have to be someone pretty high up, had possibly fiddled with the poll.........haha...hah.........