Do you people consider John Turturro to be a good actor?

Tools    

The Mad Prophet of the Movie Forums
That is true. He completely stole that movie.

I'd have to say my favorite performance of his is from Miller's Crossing. Brilliant!

I have been at a friends for a few days, she was watching videos and we watched THE MAN WHO CRIED I didn't see the opening credits, as we are watching it who do I see JOHN he is so great, he even seems to transform his looks to fit the roles he plays.

Now read this my girlfriend says to me, who is he

definately a very good actor, not always given all the credit he deserves but very good nevertheless

We're no longer called Sonic Death Monkey. We're on the verge of becoming Kathleen Turner Overdrive, but just for tonight, we are Barry Jive and his Uptown Five. -Jack Black (High Fidelity)

Barton Fink is an amazing movie. "Hiel Hitler..."

Just watched The Big Lebowski again and his Jesus had me dying. He's so funny as him, especially with that redneck fat guy trying to hold him back. Pure greatness!

He was wicked funny in Big Leboski and he was the ONLY funny thing in Mr. Deeds "sneaky sneaky"...LMAO

I think he's a great actor,
though since many catergorize him more as a character actor, he doesn't get as much notice as his talent desrves.

Some of my favorites of his:

5. Rounders
Not really that big of a part here, but I did think that he fit in quite well with the cast of Matt Damon & Edward Norton, with his presence bringing it's own dimension to what could have easily just passed as a throwaway role.

4. O Brother Where Art Thou?
By far, the second funniest film in the sublimely funny hick movie genre. Unfortunately, there are only two movies that make up this genre, so far (the #1 movie in this list being the other one. Oh, and that's a list spoiler alert). However, that takes nothing away from the fact that this film wuz bonafide.

3. Do The Right Thing
IMO, he made this movie (...well, he and Danny Aiello). For me, it always seems like Turturro's persona tends to mesh in really well with those that are classified as "Spike Lee Joints".

2. Miller's Crossing
The Bros. Coen offer up their usual unstandard slant into the standard themes of corruption, mistrust, betrayal, & forbidden love that tend make up the mob-film genre.
With John providing a key role with one of the more iconic scenes of the film.

1. Quiz Show
There was a time when TV had gameshows that actually rewarded people for actually being smart.
Nowadays, whether it be with quiz shows that an average junior high schooler could pass or through so-called reality shows, most TV programs seem to reward people for being dumb.
Turturro's does a great job as a voice for the craggy intellectual type of the time who is smart enough to realize & yet does not want to accept that the visual medium of television has crossed over to favoring style over substance.

John Turturro is my favorite actor above any other. I've seen just about everything he has ever done. It is more than a worth while effort to seek out his entire filmography I recommend it.

Some of my favorites - Barton Fink, Box of Moonlight, Jungle Fever, Miller's Crossing, O Brother Where Art Thou?, Do the Right Thing, The Truce, Sugartime, Five Corners, The Luzhin Defence...Just about everything really. He's incredible.
No one has mentioned what I think is some of his best work starring as the MacBeth character in Men of Respect, which is MacBeth redone scene by scene as a story about a grab for power within the Mafia. Contrast that role about a deadly hoodlum on the rise with his role as a socially conscious famly man in Cradle Will Rock! Wide-ranging performances, each very good.

Sir Sean Connery's love-child
Great actor, always watchable and has high standards of performance. Of course there is only so much as an actor he can do, some of his performances will be influenced by the director he is working with and the calibre of the other actors surrounding him.

Toga, toga, toga......

Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbour?

You know something?
He's got range.
Range like no M****R F****R knows!