What's the Scariest movie you've ever seen?

Tools    

I would have to say Dead Silence.
O_o
Puppets and porcelain dolls already freak me out but after that movie I was petrified.

The Strangers. That shite was CHAINLESS, man! I i was yelling the whole time! haha best part was the dude next to us was pretty high and he reacted completely inappropriately to everything and usually pretty late haha classic. Seriously though, I saw it 3 weeks ago and im still looking over my shoulder at night.

(me)
[punches him in the face, grabs him and points his gun right at his throat] I never said anything about the FBI. She's my partner, ese. And if anything happens to her, I will find you and I will kill you. I won't think twice. Come here, look in my eyes. [pushes barrel of the gun into his mouth and cocks it] Look at my face. If anything happens to her, I will kill you. This is between you and me, and nobody sees, nobody knows.

Hmmm I have to say the first most terrifying movie experience is definitely the Exorcist!!
More recently the first time I saw the Ring it was pretty damn frightening. Can't really think of too many others...Rosemary's baby maybe?? lol.

I should be embarassed, but it used to be The Grudge.
But now? Hands down: The Descent.
I felt drained at the end of that movie.

A system of cells interlinked
Great Choice. I had a fantastic time watching this at the theater... The tension is fantastic, and that reveal in the night-vision camera sent the place into a tizzy!

Do you wanna party? Its party time!
Easily Halloween(1978) for me. I've seen the movie three times and each time it scared the crap out of me. What makes the movie frightening is that the setting is a neighborhood that could easily be yours or the neighborhood of someone you know. Also it taps into the fact that the month of October and fall in general is an eerie time of the year.

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
Once again, I'm glad you're posting and I appreciate your contributions, but I don't think Halloween is a good movie, at all.
or 5/10.

The King of Movies
Ringu (Not The Ring!)
A Tale of Two Sisters
Texas Chainsaw Massacre (the original only!)
Halloween
The Village
Don't Look Now
The new one is tons scarier! Don't tell me during the scence when they are at the slaughter house did not scare you!

pet cemetary - bedroom scene when the girl with no legs or w/e is on the ground ....i saw this when i was like 11, basically for a few months after i was scared shitless of waking up to that next to my bed hahah

zombie movies dont always scare but there almost always good. Zombi is a nice one directed by Lucio Fulci

theres tons more but im lazy and cant think of anything unmentioned

That's very easy.
Even to this day,when I know it's fake and everything else...
Invaders from Mars. 1953
The sounds the Martians made underground.
Humans falling into the holes in the ground.
The supreme alien on the wall.
Very frightening.

You people are all chickens! I can't believe some of the movies that scare some of you.

I went through this thread to find out what I put down as the movie that scared me -- yes, I still am sort of afraid of the man eating oil slick from Creepshow 2's "The Raft" segment. It is a godsend that right after "The Raft", you can watch "The Hitchhiker", about a zombie hitchhiker that drives the woman who ran him over crazy by refusing to leave her alone. Hilarious stuff.

Other than that, I can't think of anything else that scares me... John Carpenter's Prince of Darkness used to scare me. I haven't seen it in years - it might do nothing for now. Might.

Scream.

The opening 12-minute prologue scene scared the hell out of me. Yeah. Casey being discovered hanging by the front yard tree with her insides on the outside was something I could barley stomach.

I have never really been scared, gore and stuff never seemed real enough to scare me. But Signs did make me uneasy. The scene where the news shows the kids party had me on the edge of my seat. What you don't see is more disturbing than what you do. If you get what I'm saying.

Right now, it's "The Shining". I mean, I watched it for the first time yesterday at one am with the lights off! xDD

Jack Torrance scares the sh*t outta me, tbh.

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
The Innocents is still the scariest film I've ever seen. Maybe I'm doing this for ash, but even so, think about this.

You're happy, but when you're "confronted by the truth", you go insane.

You make it your llfe's work to contradict people:

The Exorcist. This is not what I intended when I tried to post here, but I now know it's obviious.

The King of Movies
Jesus Christ! The Exorsist is not frekin scary. Scary for me is a serial killer jumping out of a closet with a machete not a frekin 12 year old girl with just a bunch of scars on her face! I saw the Exorsist in the dark and i laughed at it!