Shin Kamen Rider (2023)

Tools    

"To promote the upcoming opening of the Hideaki Anno Exhibition as well as the upcoming Shin Kamen Rider film, a joint “Shin Kamen Rider vs. Hideaki Anno Exhibition” press conference was held on September 30th. This event featured numerous reveals for Shin Kamen Rider. First and foremost was a promotional trailer homaging the opening to Kamen Rider. Following this, the two leads of Shin Kamen Rider were also revealed.

Sosuke Ikematsu (The Last Samurai, Shoplifters) and Minami Hamabe (Ace Attorney, Kakegurui) will play Takeshi Hongo and Ruriko Midorikawa in the film respectively.

Shortly after, director Hideaki Anno came out on stage and unveiled the new Cyclone bike to the press. Following these announcements, Anno, Ikematsu, and Midorikawa spent time answering questions from attendees. Finally, the event ended with an alternate version of the promotional video.

Message from Sosuke Ikematsu
Additionally, the Shin Kamen Rider website was updated to feature a message from Sosuke Ikematsu. It reads:

I can’t believe the day has come for me to become Kamen Rider. I think Hideaki Anno is one of Japan’s treasures. It is a great honor to receive such a challenge and opportunity to bring back Kamen Rider with him.

In this time of great change in the world, people should not be afraid to look deep within themselves, and they should not forget how harsh the natural world is. It is the time to leap into a new world, to overcome difficulties, and to enter a new stage. In other words, “to transform”. I hope to embody this through Shin Kamen Rider.

Filming begins soon, but I believe that Kamen Rider is necessary for this world’s rebirth. No matter what difficulties lie ahead, I will fight to protect the Earth until the very end.

Please look forward to the movie’s release in 2023."

font: tokusatsunetwork

So, I’m familiar with KamenRider in name only. Was this a tv series? Or a movie franchise? Or was it both, perhaps?
TV show and movies (originals and continuations of the tv series).

"Honor is not in the Weapon. It is in the Man"
So, I’m familiar with KamenRider in name only. Was this a tv series? Or a movie franchise? Or was it both, perhaps?
There was even a US adaptation of Kamen Rider Ryuki, called Kamen Rider: Dragon Knight, starring Stephen Ford (aka Stephen Lunsford), Matt Mullins, and Mark Dacascos. It aired on the CW's Saturday morning programming from 2009-2012