What Scares You?

Tools    

Since Halloween is on Friday, I thought I'd ask the question:

What Scares You?

Here is something that scares me: Outer Space.

This fear was on display a little bit in my thread Save Me from The Space Elevator!

I can get scared thinking about outer space and the fact that we're all living on a planet in outer space. I fear something horrible happening like the sun going out or the moon disappearing or Earth takes off out of orbit at a speed that we can all FEEL and suddenly it's like a roller coaster you can't get off of unless you die, which might happen (if Earth takes off). All of this is probably totally irrational and not going to happen... and they may even say it can't happen... but still, I sometimes worry... what if it does? What if they're wrong and something horrible like this happens? I can really freak myself out thinking about it.

Aliens in outer space... they don't really bother me. I would rather see Earth surrounded by UFOs than have the sun disappear on us. Well, maybe. I'm sure aliens would scare the Hell out of me, too... but they don't scare me as much as the (unlikely) possibility that something horrible might happen in outer space or to our planet.

And to make it worse, every now and then we get a comet scare, too. I see that frequently on the news. They tell us a comet came very close to the Earth -- "but it wouldn't have hit us!!"

Also -- planets in outer space. Sometimes seeing pictures of the planets makes me feel a little scared. I'll get vertigo. I become too aware that we're hurtling around in outer space.

That scares me.

What scares you?
Attachments
Click image for larger version

Name:	lady-screaming-820x400.jpg
Views:	2357
Size:	58.8 KB
ID:	18196   Click image for larger version

Name:	Earthrise-famous.jpg
Views:	1376
Size:	42.5 KB
ID:	18197  

The fact that atheists are the #1 most distrusted people in America. It not only scares me, but depresses me.

I'm finding keeping my atheism a secret is more important than keeping my schizophrenia a secret, in the real world. I don't want to keep either a secret though. F the haters! #hatersgonnahate

The fact that atheists are the #1 most distrusted people in America. It not only scares me, but depresses me.

I'm finding keeping my atheism a secret is more important than keeping my schizophrenia a secret, in the real world. I don't want to keep either a secret though. F the haters! #hatersgonnahate

Would annoy the crap out of me pretending to be religious.

I am scared of almost everything, something of an anxiety sufferer

Would annoy the crap out of me pretending to be religious.
I would never, ever pretend to be religious. Not in a million, billion years.

Chappie doesn't like the real world
The ocean and the bigass monsters that are definitely in there
That's a definite fear of mine. More specifically sharks, but all the other monsters frighten me also.

Something else that scares me is walking outside at night. I've seen way too many found footage films and I'm always afraid I'm going to point my flashlight somewhere and something horrible is going to come into view.

It's so dark where I live. No street lights, so if the sky is overcast you can't see very far at night at all. Sometimes I can't even see my dog at the end of his leash.

The ocean doesn't scare me. I'm not around the ocean. It's not bothering me.

Outer space, though.... outer space is EVERYWHERE. We're in outer space.

I think dying while drifting around in space would be just about the coolest and most peaceful way to die.

I'd be more worried about us f**king this planet up, SC... than worry about anything from outer space.

I think dying while drifting around in space would be just about the coolest and most peaceful way to die.
Oooooh no. I've thought about that, too. No. Like in Gravity? Oh Hell No. I thought that movie was gonna bother me because of all my fears, but it was just stupid. That's why I don't care for that movie. If it was really good, I'd be afraid to watch it.

Move.

I'd be more worried about us f**king this planet up, SC... than worry about anything from outer space.
This planet's already f**ked up because of the people. I'm used to it.

What's scary now is the randomness that could happen. Like, is the sun gonna go out? Or is cancer gonna grow all over my face tomorrow? Stuff like that. Stuff you can't control and escape from.

Like, is the sun gonna go out?
No. It will eventually become a red giant, actually, but not in your lifetime. Not for a long-ass time, in fact.

No. It will eventually become a red giant, actually, but not in your lifetime. Not for a long-ass time, in fact.
I know, but the phobia is -- what if for some reason, it happens TODAY? What if scientists are wrong? What if something unexpected comes up and suddenly END OF THE WORLD!

The fact that it's gonna happen is bad enough. But what if for some reason it happens next week?

People are expected to live 70-80 years and can even live much longer, but you can also die the day you're born.

Our Sun still has about 130 million years left before it goes pop.

I'd be more worried about a black hole. Can't see them, and even the smallest one can get into our solar system and devour the whole thing, and we wouldn't even know it was doing it, or even see the thing, until it was too late.