Rate The Last Movie You Saw

Tools    

VFN
Winter Calls Thy Name

B/B-

Dubbed version. Well shot crusader crime action but nothing really special.

Extended directors cut

I agree that Gervais is funnier outside of his films, at least so far. I thought the film started well, and the concept had potential even though it was a little bit overdone, but I lost interest as the romantic relationship developed.

Ikiru - 10/10 - What a great film! Amazing! It's not too different than "Wild Strawberries"

The Hidden Fortress - 4/10 - Didn't like it.. But after seeing Ikuru, I thought I'd like it. Nope.
I'll give you rep for Ikiru, but I thought Hidden Fortress was awesome.

Once Upon a Time in America Extended Director's Cut

An exceptional last picture of Sergio Leone. I do wish we would have gotten the 6 hour two-parter, but honestly we should be glad that we've come this close to the original cut.

But man this was one epic film. Not perfection but I throughoutly enjoyed it, some scenes and passages I even adored. After the Intermission things went a bit quiet, a bit dull even, but then the dullness turned to masterful and emotional conversations towards the end and the film ended on a satisfying level.

Overall, what a film. Defiantly worth sitting through 4 hours and 11 minutes in one go for this...

Please Quote/Tag Or I'll Miss Your Responses
I guess Hidden Fortress was too much of the two men sniveling and crying... One minute, "Let's be friends" and then they do the opposite. I think a lot of was made by the setting, especially with the advertising to it. There were a few nice lines, but compared to a director who did "Ikiru" I held him to a high standard.

Prisoners 2013 - B+ (Hugh Jackman = Wolverine)
Enemy - A- (Mind Blowing)
Gone girl - C+ (too long winded)

Finding Nemo (2003)

I liked the story but wished it was a little more serious throughout for emotional effect. The more serious parts worked very well for me, but the comedy did nothing. Visually, it's amazing, with such vibrant colors and stunning animation. I also could've done without Ellen; I don't dislike her but her voice started to get on my nerves.

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
Finding Nemo (2003)

I liked the story but wished it was a little more serious throughout for emotional effect. The more serious parts worked very well for me, but the comedy did nothing. Visually, it's amazing, with such vibrant colors and stunning animation. I also could've done without Ellen; I don't dislike her but her voice started to get on my nerves.

I thought Ellen was the best part of the movie.

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
The only thing she'd be the best part of is a punching bag.

I like Ellen. I don't watch her talk show much because I'm not a big fan of talk shows in general, but I've seen a few episodes when she's had a guest that I like, and I think she's pretty funny.

Lord High Filmquisitor
Princess Mononoke - 8.5/10

This is my second favorite Myazaki film behind How's Moving Castle (although The Wind Rises could potentially unseat even that). It's breathtakingly animated and scored (the entire film sounds like variations on Eric Whitacker's "October"), more than solidly plotted and well-voiced by its American cast. It contemplates the dire cost of hatred and revenge in an incredibly fun and stirring production. I doubt I will ever tire of watching this film.

This is my second favorite Myazaki film behind How's Moving Castle (although The Wind Rises could potentially unseat even that). It's breathtakingly animated and scored (the entire film sounds like variations on Eric Whitacker's "October"), more than solidly plotted and well-voiced by its American cast. It contemplates the dire cost of hatred and revenge in an incredibly fun and stirring production. I doubt I will ever tire of watching this film.
They're finally releasing it on Blu-ray this November!!

"#GAMEOVER420BLAZIT" -bluedeed

Filth

From the author of Trainspotting...
Filth is a raunchy melodramatic comedy about a detective who is willing to do anything to earn a promotion to potentially win his wife back. The film takes place in Scotland, and everyone speaks in a THICK accent, I actually turned on the subtitles 5 minutes in so I could understand what everyone was saying and follow the plot. Even with the subtitles the plot is hard to follow. The source material is very interesting and on paper the story seems great. It just didn't play out well due to directing. The acting was great and the story was interesting even though it didn't unravel very well.

Lord High Filmquisitor
They're finally releasing it on Blu-ray this November!!
Really? My girlfriend and I were just having a conversation about when they were going to do that. It's definitely upgrade-worthy.

Really? My girlfriend and I were just having a conversation about when they were going to do that. It's definitely upgrade-worthy.
Yeah, it's my favorite Miyazaki film. It's coming out November 18th!
http://www.amazon.com/Princess-Monon...251585&sr=1-25

The original voice acting is enormously superior IMO. Also, they changed the dialogue a little bit in the adaptation. It's among my top 3 Miyazaki films and among my top 10 films (Miyazaki being the only director who has more than one movie in my top 10). It is an incredibly beautiful animated film, being the equivalent of animation for one of the great classical symphonies. Also, reading Miyazaki's thoughts about the film (which I posted in my top animations list) helped me to understand why I love it so much.