The MoFo Musical Countdown - Group Watch

→ in
Tools    

I honestly don't even remember finding Audrey's voice annoying. I mean, it's certainly different and I guess she doesn't sound like a "normal" human, but the movie itself is far from normal and is weird as all hell so I'm okay with that. Seems to match the tone of the film just fine, as far as I'm concerned. I actually think that making her more "standard" or not annoying would do more harm than good since it wouldn't match the tone of the rest of the film.

WARNING: "LSH" spoilers below
So I definitely had myself prepared to like the darker ending better. Wasn’t hard to think that either Seymour or Audrey would die. So when Seymour did, I thought yeah, this feels right. The movie theme of these skid row people plays way better with the dark ending. Then instead of ending there it just goes ahead and beats you over the head with its meaning, as if we were too dumb to realize it for the last hour and a half. That last number was really too much and undercuts the darkness in my opinion. I will take the subtlety of a little Audret about to bloom over the obnoxious image of Audrey 2 on top of the statue of liberty any day. It was a little much in my opinion.
I'd say this is accurate, though I wasn't as bothered with it as you were.

It’s A Classic Rope-A-Dope
Has no one seen the original horror movie Little Shop of Horrors?
I didn’t even know there was one embarrassingly

Trouble with a capital "T"
I've seen Corman's original and liked it. It's what first prompted me to watch the 1986 remake some years ago. That's why I wrote this:

Little Shop Of Horrors(1986)
...movie version of the stage play which in turn was based on Roger Corman's 1960 comedy/horror camp classic....

Roger Corman directed the original version that was released back in 1960, with a young Jack Nicholson I believe?

Correct. I've had it on the shelf for a while. *Really* meant to watch it recently with Corman's passing, but I haven't done a good job with watching movies recently. My understanding is it plays pretty similarly to his Bucket of Blood (with Dick Miller), which I have seen. Maybe this will be the weekend I finally correct this though.

You guys have about 24 more hours to watch the film, btw. Or to simply post your thoughts in the thread provided you've already seen it and it's still fresh in your head.

Trouble with a capital "T"
Correct. I've had it on the shelf for a while. *Really* meant to watch it recently with Corman's passing, but I haven't done a good job with watching movies recently. My understanding is it plays pretty similarly to his Bucket of Blood (with Dick Miller), which I have seen. Maybe this will be the weekend I finally correct this though.
Good old Dick Miller, Bucket of Blood was great.

RIP www.moviejustice.com 2002-2010
You guys have about 24 more hours to watch the film, btw. Or to simply post your thoughts in the thread provided you've already seen it and it's still fresh in your head.
It looks like the original Roger Corman 1960 film is streaming on Pluto TV, but I don't see the 1986 streaming any where for free. It looks like it's on HBO Max which is subscription based.

http://www.movieforums.com/community...ad.php?t=26201

It looks like the original Roger Corman 1960 film is streaming on Pluto TV, but I don't see the 1986 streaming any where for free. It looks like it's on HBO Max which is subscription based.
I sent you a link

I never could get the hang of Thursdays.

Yes, and it's a fun film. (Not a musical, though). I believe it's public domain so you can easily see it for free online.

Yes, and it's a fun film. (Not a musical, though). I believe it's public domain so you can easily see it for free online.
That's actually kind of a bad thing, being on the public domain has meant a lot of bad quality copies are out there, and they look terrible!

Little Shop of Horrors is a sure shot for my ballot. It's just a matter of placement.

Nomination #6

Charlotte's Web (1973, Charles A. Nichols and Iwao Takamoto)

Deadline to Watch It: June 18
I think I have seen it years ago, but I'm not certain. I will watch it tomorrow.