26th Hall of Fame

Tools    

Well, this is suddenly escalating.

Just for the record, I didn't mean any offense with my "stares at Siddon ominously" and "The deadline for Siddon to finish is 5 seconds..." posts. I was just goofing around.

Not sure why you couldn’t just post yours before me.
In fact, there is zero reason why you couldn’t have. Zip. Zilch

Right...not like the story has plot spoilers every 20 minutes with a killer reveal.

The trick is not minding
Right...not like the story has plot spoilers every 20 minutes with a killer reveal.
Right…..not like I can choose to not read the reviews of movies I haven’t seen for that reason.

The trick is not minding

Just for the record, I didn't mean any offense with my "stares at Siddon ominously" and "The deadline for Siddon to finish is 5 seconds..." posts. I was just goofing around.

I was aware of that, and thought it was funny.

Trouble with a capital "T"

And it escalated without me being around

I knew you were good natured joking around with Siddon in your post. You joke around and makes things light and fun, and that's good hosting. BTW so far excellent job as host.

Which film do you all think won this HoF?
Wizard of Oz or Passion of Joan of Arc

I'm more wondering which four films tied for last, are they still tied for last?

Wizard of Oz or Passion of Joan of Arc

I'm more wondering which four films tied for last, are they still tied for last?
With the final two ballots, the bottom two films ended up having a difference of three points.

Let the night air cool you off
I've been busy at work, but I'm going to make sure I have the last two written up in full when I get home. I want to watch Tower again, I think there is more good than bad and I think it handled a delicate subject with respect with the exception of a bit at the end that I did not like at all.

With the final two ballots, the bottom two films ended up having a difference of three points.
I wonder if the bottom four films are the same as my bottom four? Just a rhetorical question I'll find out tomorrow.

I love the Criterion poster for The Celebration. It fits the vibes of the film and the Dogme 95 movement really well.

With that being said though, I think the low budget feel of the film works in its favor, so I'm not sure whether a high definition version of the film would help or hinder it. Still curious how it would look though.

The trick is not minding
I’m hoping for Passion of Joan Arc to take this, not only because rit was perhaps the best film, but because silent films rarely ever compete in the general HOF.

Let the night air cool you off
I think that I've probably kneecapped The Passion of Joan of Arc by how high I placed the probable winner on my own ballot. If I had voted strategically instead honestly, I mighta been able to squeeze Joan through.

Last time The Wizard of Oz was in an HoF was in the 5th HoF. It was Raul's nom and came in 7 out of 15 movies, right in the middle of the pack. It'll be interesting to see how it does here.