25.78%
33 votes
sure do *lights up a ciggy and inhales deeply*ahhh
14.84%
19 votes
only ganja man
128 votes. You may not vote on this poll

You're a Genius all the time
I used to smoke half a pack to a pack a day, but then it got too expensive and it made my mouth too stale so I more or less stopped. All my smoker friends now hate me because of my innate ability to have one or two cigarettes and then not smoke for a month. Nicotine's got nothing on my sheer flippin force of will.

The King of Movies
I smoke ocasionaly like once every two weeks. I want to know if im smoking properly though.

If you get light headed does that mean i'm doing it properly?

Also why does that happen and has it happend to you in the past?
Does any one know if this is a sign of doing it properly?

The People's Republic of Clogher
If you only smoke every 2 weeks the, yes, you're 'doing it properly'.

This begs the question - why do you even smoke at all? You're obviously not a hopeless addict like me and that's the only reason I still smoke. Please don't say that you think it's cool or something...

I remember, years ago, a friend of mine informed me that people who smoked "looked cool" and asked me for one of mine (in those glorious bygone days when you could smoke in bars and the said premises weren't all closing down through lack of trade...hmmmm). He stuck it in his mouth and motioned me to light it up...

...A good 30 seconds later the damn ciggie still hadn't begun its incineration process and he eventually asked "I have to suck in while you're lighting it?"

Needless to say, once he did actually 'suck in' he experienced his first and last cigarette.

Don't start kids, unless you want to end up like me: Out of pocket, an addict and really really cool.

I quit smoking completely seven weeks ago, I feel great and now go running for an hour three times a week. I can taste my food again, and hence don't need to add unhealthy levels of salt anymore. I've also started working out with weights again (I used to work out four times a week three years ago) and am considering resuming my Wing Chun training (I also took up Kung Fu for a year at the same time). Essentially I'm getting really fit again, I've lost a few pounds (my jeans aren't tight anymore) and my outlook on life has steadily become more positive. Quitting smoking proved to be the catalyst for all this and I never want to go back to it.

But tight jeans are nice...I've never been able to fill mine...

Anyhoo, I've quit smoking last year. Two months after I quit I lit a cigarette and felt like I've never smoked in my life. It was disgusting. Only two months after I quit for God's sake, and I used to smoke a pack a day. Curiously though, I still don't mind inhaling other people's smoke...I don't even notice it...

A system of cells interlinked
You still smoke the good stuff, though... eh?

The People's Republic of Clogher
Also why do i sometimes get light headed when ever i try?
Change down, man. Find your neutral space. You gotta rush. It'll pass. Be seated.

You have done something to your brain. You have made it high.

Danny speaks the truth, be it legal inhaled substances or otherwise. Either that or momentary lack of oxygen...

My new boyfriend is a smoker and because of this I have been experimenting again... somebody tsk me.

I used to smoke. I quit when I was 18, strange age to quit as most people tend to smoke for 20+ years before they decide to quit, but I felt it was the right time to do so as I had started at about 14. Now, thats not to say that when I have had a few to many alcoholic beverages I wont light one up for "old times sake" but when sober and have full control of all of my senses I wouldnt touch them ... however much I might want to .

My girlfriend is a pretty heavy smoker and being that I'm an "ex" smoker the smell and taste really dont bother me and nor do other people around me who smoke.

Now, if we're talking about the "evil green", that's a completely different story

My new boyfriend is a smoker and because of this I have been experimenting again... somebody tsk me.
Tsk

The King of Movies
Although i hardly smoke (minus weed) i have been getting anoyed at anti-smoking campainers and people who get right in your face about smoking.

Like here in Australia anti-smoking adds are pretty intense. When i watch i think, can't they just let smokers be? We all have vices in life and smoking could be one for some people.

I also hate when someone says that they are a smoker and someone directly gets in their face about it. I know they mean well, but i find it rude when people say the ol "it's discusting". Like give the smoker a break and mind your own dam buisness.

Finaly i hate the ol' coughing extremly loudly when ever someone is smoking near you. It's so rude and it would make the poor smoker feel realy akward. I think you should only do that if the smoker is smoking near your kids or you actualy have a health problem. If thats not the case, then people who do that should get the balls to actualy say something to the smoker if they realy have a problem with it.

I feel i needed to rant on there.

Yep.

Dont really care about cancer. Why? Because I dont want to be miserable for 20 years(Age 50-70)

Originally Posted by king_of_movies_316
I smoke ocasionaly like once every two weeks. I want to know if im smoking properly though.

If you get light headed does that mean i'm doing it properly?

Also why does that happen and has it happend to you in the past?
I thought I was gonna pass out and die the first time I smoked again a couple of weeks ago. I felt really, really relaxed... and also... HORNY! I became super turned on and got all over my hairy beast of a boyfriend.

Yeah, you're doing it properly. You're getting a high.

I ain't gettin' in no fryer!
After taking a break from smoking, then lighting up again, I got light-headed, almost threw the cigarette down and walked away. Of course, that was a long time ago, I've been smoke free (with the exception of two cigarettes) since November of 2008.
"I was walking down the street with my friend and he said, "I hear music", as if there is any other way you can take it in. You're not special, that's how I receive it too. I tried to taste it but it did not work." - Mitch Hedberg