2019 Mofo Film Awards

Tools    

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
And The Film Award Goes To...

You know what kind of plan never fails? No plan. No plan at all. You know why? Because life cannot be planned. Look around you. Did you think these people made a plan to sleep in the sports hall with you? But here we are now, sleeping together on the floor. So, there's no need for a plan.

This tightly written oddball genre film wowed people to the point that friends of mine who never watch foreign language films were watching it. Screenwriter guru Tarantino had to settle with second place, while Knives Out and Uncut Gems shared a few votes.

Suspect's Reviews

Best Supporting Actress of the Year

Florence Pugh - Little Women

Laura Dern - Marriage Story

Scarlett Johansson - jojo Rabbit

Park So Dam - Parasite

Cho Yeo Jeong - Parasite

Screenplay. was a difficult one. All films had great scripts, I voted for Uncut Gems but I was very,very close to voting for Marriage story: Just very clever and emotional language, like a new age Bergman film

And the Mofo Film Award Goes To...

This was a two horse race between the ladies of Parasite with Cho Yeo Jeong beating our her co-star Park So Dam by one vote. I thought they might split the votes letting Florence Pugh sneak in, but she had to settle for third place.

Best Supporting Actor of the Year

Brad Pitt- Once Upon A Time In Hollywood

Joe Pesci - The Irishman

Al Pacino - The Irishman

Willem Dafoe - The Lighthouse

Song Kang ho - Parasite

I didn't nominate anything for Best Sound because I didn't realize that was even a category. I see that Iro is in a similar boat. Was it added later, or did we both somehow miss it?

The only film I intended to watch that I didn't get around to was Ford v Ferrari, so I'll make sure to check it out before the deadline. I didn't watch Joker or The Irishman because I didn't particularly want to, but it looks like I'll have to at least watch The Irishman since it's in so many categories.

This is the first time I'm hearing about Peanut Butter Falcon, or if I've heard or seen somebody talking about it before, I've completely forgotten.

Personally, I only nominated films I expected to like. If I had any reason to believe it wouldn't be good, or if I noticed a number of negative or mixed reviews before seeing it for myself, it wasn't a disappointment to me.

I voted for only one of those films, and a different one was one of my picks for Worst Film, but it didn't make the list for that category. Similarly, a film that made the Worst Films category was one of my disappointments, but I wouldn't consider it absolutely terrible. Apparently others disagree with me though haha.
The Peanut Butter Falcon was awesome.

And The Mofo Film Award Goes To...

]Willem Dafoe - The Lighthouse
[/img]

Snubbed at the Oscars, but knocking it out of the park at MovieForums. Willem Dafoe beat an absolute tough category this year and edging out favourite and utterly gorgeous Brad Pitt by two votes.

Best Actress of the Year

Saoirse Ronan - Little Women

Scarlett Johansson - Marriage Story

Lupita Nyong'o - Us

Ana de Armas - Knives Out

Elisabeth Moss - Her Smell

And The Mofo Film Award Goes To...

Lupita Nyong'o - Us

Another victory for someone who was SNUBBED at the Oscars. Lupine Nyong'o was a surprise nominee and now she sealed the deal with taking some the win. Five votes went her way, four votes found their way to ScarJo and three made it to another surprise nominee Ana de Armas.

Best Actor of the Year

Robert Pattinson - The Lighthouse

Leonardo Dicaprio - Once Upon A Time In Hollywood

Joaquin Phoenix - Joker

Adam Driver - Marriage Story

Adam Sandler - Uncut Gems

And The Mofo Film Award Goes To......

Adam Sandler - Uncut Gems

Is this the biggest surprise or upset of the night? It what was the closest category this year, Adam Sandler at the last minute manage to squeeze by a win over Joaquin Phoenix and Adam Driver. It was a 3 way tie until the very end. Sandler got 5 votes while they both got 4. 2 time winner Dicaprio has to settle for third this year while Robert "I'm trying desperately to break out of my Twilight career" Pattinson was dead last.