Arthouse Mafia

Tools    

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
Minio are you resurrecting the Arthouse Mafia?
I'm not, because it's never been dead. It's perpetual!
Look, I'm not judging you - after all, I'm posting here myself, but maybe, just maybe, if you spent less time here and more time watching films, maybe, and I stress, maybe your taste would be of some value. Just a thought, ya know.

is thouroughly embarrassed of this old username.
I think membership for me would hinge on whether Spring Breakers is considered an art film.

Nickname: Zotis
Reason: I want to learn more about arthouse cinema
about: I like a lot of indie, foreign, and cult cinema, and a lot of mainstream cinema makes me sick. I got into arthouse gradually just from a growing interest in technical aspects of film making, but I have been getting much more interested in arthouse specifically lately. I didn't really know what it was before, but sometimes I would stumble across these extremely artistic films and they showed me a whole new world to cinema that I am intreagued by. Also, I just want to improve myself as a person and learn to appreciate art more.
Boolean: No
If: I think Film is a media for art, like music or painting. Film purely as entertainment does feel like exploitation in a sense, but I don't think that's necessarily always a bad thing (but usually it is). It could be argued that art is for our entertainment in a sense too. But I think art should at least transend a superficial sense of entertainment.
Other: All great artists are misunderstood.

I, Zotis,*
Bow before the almighty God and, standing by the members of Arthouse Mafia, vow to obey the rules of the organization. I swear to always stand by true, legit and good art cinema. Always condemn the unworthy and mainstream films. Never betray my brothers and sisters. Be honest to them and above all to myself. Always follow the path of enlightment on the way to catharsis. Share my discoveries and likes with other members. Step out of my comfort zone and look for new experience in the world of film. Spread the truth and get other people fascinated by cinema.*
So do I, Zotis.

You're in, Zotis!

Now it's time for your initiation. Tear your clothes apart and bow before the Arthouse Gods! It's time to embrace the power of film!

Arthouse Mafia should do a film a month thing... just watch one and comment... no big rush.. you have a month to watch one film....

That's a glorious idea! And a contrarian movement against the 'mainstream' movie of the month! You're in!

I HEREBY DECLARE MYSELF:

NOT SURE ABOUT ANYTHING.
"I know that I know nothing" - that's a glorious reference!

You give me no other choice! You're in!

The thing isolated becomes incomprehensible
So, we have 7 members so far. We could start this thing tomorrow, Minio chooses the first one, then we go by alphabetical order, what about that?

oh Swan, you like arthouse... you should join...

I recommend...

A beautiful Czech film.. I love the story...

Neiba, if you havent seen this.. you should!! I think you would love it!!

I've already seen it. Why not choose a film nobody has seen. At least for the first one.