To Catch a Thief (1955) -

The Man Who Knew To Much (1956) -

Vertigo (1958) -

North by Northwest (1959) -

Psycho (1960) -

The Birds (1963) -

Marnie (1964) -

Frenzy (1972) -

No other director made that much quality movies.

I've seen more films from him than any other director, and he is by far the most consistently awesome filmmaker I know of. I have him to thank for my interest in movies to begin with. Happy birthday!!

Finished here. It's been fun.
Only seen 3 films from Hitchcock but they're all great. Will see more of his work soon.

On the outside looking in.
He's no Brian De Palma.
That may be the nicest comment you've ever made!

On the outside looking in.
Out of four:

ROPE (1948) - ***1/4
STRANGERS ON A TRAIN (1951) - ***1/4
DIAL M FOR MURDER (1954) - ***1/2
REAR WINDOW (1954) - ****
TO CATCH A THIEF (1955) - ***1/4
THE MAN WHO KNEW TOO MUCH (1956) - ***
VERTIGO (1958) - ****
NORTH BY NORTHWEST (1959) - ***1/2
PSYCHO (1960) - ***1/2
THE BIRDS (1963) - ***1/4
MARNIE (1964) - ***
FRENZY (1972) - ***1/4

I haven't watched much:

Notorious

Dial M for Murder

Rear Window

Vertigo
+
North by Northeast

Psycho

The Birds

Most of his films were good except Notorious which I found rather boring. I also didn't like the whole "Nazis in Brazil" plot for obvious reasons. Vertigo is the one that scared me the most and that I found the most impressive, I only didn't like the ending that much though.

Good timing. I saw Notorious tonight and really enjoyed it, as I usually do with Hitch's work.

And since I haven't posted here yet:

Vertigo
+
Psycho

North by Northwest
+
Notorious

Dial M for Murder

Rear Window
-, due a rewatch
Rope

To Catch a Thief

I feel a Hitch binge coming on.

A local theater screened Rope last night, and it was awesome. I'd seen it 2-3 times before but it'd been years, and I'd forgotten how many brilliant little details and touches are in that film.

Finished here. It's been fun.
^ Rope is awesome. Way ahead of it's time imo.

Wow didn't know there was a thread for Hitchcock! (On second thought, obviously hehe)

I love his films and he's hands down my favourite director of all time! Vertigo being my fav of his, probably, closely followed by Rear Window.

There is no denying the genius of Hitchcock and I will admit that there is a large portion of his work that I haven't seen, but what I have seen I have definitely learned to appreciate. I know it's not a popular opinion on these boards, but The Birds is my favorite Hitchcock film. The film is a master class in the art of building cinematic suspense...I love that scene where Tippi Hedren is sitting on a bench smoking a cigarette while birds start gathering on a jungle gym behind her. I saw an interview with Hitch once where he was talking about how to build suspense in a movie. He said if you put a bomb in a room and it goes off, you have a three second scare and it's over. Instead, put a bomb under a table and show it ticking and show people sitting at the table having a discussion unaware that there is a bomb under the table, you start yelling at the screen, "Stop talking, there's a bomb under the table!"

I love North by Northwest and Psycho...I don't know which is the bigger masterpiece. The performance that Hitch pulled out of Tony Perkins for Psycho is a revelation and I still can't believe he was not nominated for an Oscar. I absolutely love Notorious, the film that contains my favorite Ingrid Bergman performance. Again, North by Northwest is another master class in building suspense...the first time I watched the crop duster scene, I was literally holding my breath. I have to confess that I have never seen Vertigo, but it is on my 2015 watchlist.

Gooble gobble, one of us!
Despite the circle-jerking on Vertigo, it will forever be his masterpiece, it's great and personal film. Psycho is a great prank, but not much more. He's a technical master and an innovator, but many of his films lacks emotion and soul. They're fun to watch though, I mean its popcorn movies, which is okay.

39 Steps

Sabotage

The Lady Vanishes

Rebecca

Suspicion

Saboteur

Shadow of a Doubt

Lifeboat

Spellbound

Notorious

Rope

Strangers on a Train

I Confess

Rear Window

Dial M for Murder

The Trouble with Harry

To Catch a Thief

The Man Who Knew Too Much 1956

Vertigo

North by Northwest

Psycho

The Birds

Marnie

Topaz

Frenzy

Pretty sure this is every film I have seen of Mr. H.