Hi Ho, Everyone

Tools    

Save the drama for your Mama
Hi all, I have been directed to this "intro clicky" by my sonny boy, who also introduced me to this site! I am 55; spent my first 40 years in Seattle, then moved cross country and recently landed in Alabama.

I've always loved movies, especially the oldies from the 30's 40's and 50's. I pretty much like all genres, except maybe gory horror. Love action, especially with Ah-nuld, comedies, and have a fondness for musicals. Especially fond of the Grapes of Wrath, Citizen Kane, Pulp Fiction, Snatch, Shaun of the Dead, The Blues Brothers, Caddyshack and Ghostbusters.

Looking forward to discussing movies with you all-
It's my opinion that a good movie is worth viewing many times over!

Hi there and welcome again.... Alabama huh... I've spent some time at Ft. Rucker off and on for the last few years...

AiSv Nv wa do hi ya do...
(Walk in Peace)

Thanks guys, having fun looking around here and seeing if I can leave a comment or two. A lot of sharp folks on board!

We're at the the top of the state, close to Huntsville. Glad we didn't have to go any further than that; it was about a twelve hour non-stop drive from our former home in Virginia, driving like crazy with eight complaining cats divided between two cars!

Hi mom, is that one of your little critters in your avatar? I can't remember what they all look like.

I am half agony, half hope.
Welcome, PowderedWaterMama!

Johann von Goethe

Hey mama

You know, I once started a post in one of these welcome threads with something like "well, well, look who the cat dragged in". For yours, however, I find myself in the unique position of it being appropriate to say "well, well, look who dragged in the cat".

Glad to make your aquaintance! Your son, by the by, is quite the clever MoFo (Movie Forumite) and we're all glad to have him and you here with us.

Hi, and welcome!
Now you have to be nice, Powderedwawa, or I'm going to tell!

Hi mom, is that one of your little critters in your avatar? I can't remember what they all look like.
This makes me want to ask, how many cats you have? One of mine died last year, so I am down to 9. I think they hang signs out around town, with my address on them. "Go here, she can't say no!"

I wish my mom was more like Powderedwater's! Cool to see a Mama who has an Ah-nuld craving. Welcome to this most virtual tribunal!

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone, makes me feel all fuzzy!

No, that's not one of my cats in the avatar, picked it up on a site somewhere and it's actually animated, (it's supposed to be "talking" and I'm not sure why it isn't - maybe I'll have to play with the site some more!) I'm already about stretched to my limit of computer skills!

Here's a pic of 4 out of our 8 cats; Mr. Mookie (in black) and three of his minions, Charlie, Bravo and Andy.
Attachments
Click image for larger version

Name:	AL cats 008.jpg
Views:	102
Size:	309.5 KB
ID:	5977  

It may just need to be resized a bit. Yoda showed me this little tool here which works great. I think it needs to be a minimum 100x100. If you can't get it to work I'm sure one of the excellent mods here will be happy to help.

A system of cells interlinked
Hello and Welcome