Movie Forums Top 100 of the Aughts (the 00s) - Preliminary Thread

→ in
Tools    

Also DP, he's shown his face recently.
Yeah, I saw him pop up about a week or two ago, but I don't think I DM'ed him.

@Death Proof, if you see this...

Let's make one of these too...

Horror - 13 (werewolves and ghosts sharing the lead with 3 films each)
Non-horror - 12

English Language - 14
Foreign - 11

Sequels - 3

Countries with more than one film - 7 (I think, at least 6)

The trick is not minding
Let's make one of these too...

Horror - 13 (werewolves and ghosts sharing the lead with 3 films each)
Non-horror - 12

English Language - 14
Foreign - 11

Sequels - 3

Countries with more than one film - 7 (I think, at least 6)
Pretty sure I know your top film, as it’s a good one. It unfortunately, if I’m correct, slipped off my ballot.

Pretty sure I know your top film, as it’s a good one. It unfortunately, if I’m correct, slipped off my ballot.
Yeah, it should be quite obvious for those who pay attention to such things.

We still have one day. Can we get to 80? Anyone else you see that hasn't submitted a ballot?

I'll have mine submitted in a few hours. I have it narrowed down to 32, and I'm just finishing up the final 25 now. (It's hard to remove those last few movies. )

Unfortunately I lost the last few days of movie watching because my father-in-law went into the hospital to have his pacemaker battery replaced. He's okay, but there was a minor complication, so he was admitted to the hospital for an extra day.

The trick is not minding
I'll have mine submitted in a few hours. I have it narrowed down to 32, and I'm just finishing up the final 25 now. (It's hard to remove those last few movies. )

Unfortunately I lost the last few days of movie watching because my father-in-law went into the hospital to have his pacemaker battery replaced. He's okay, but there was a minor complication, so he was admitted to the hospital for an extra day.
Glad to hear he’s doing ok now.

"Genres" I voted for. Or, at least, movies that fit the criteria for the various non-decade MoFo Countdowns

Animation: 9
Sci-Fi: 3
Comic Book: 1
Documentary: 1
Horror: 1
Western: 2
Foreign: 3
Directed By Women: 0

I finally submitted my list. (Hopefully I didn't forget anything that would have made my list.)

This is the breakdown by year:
2000 = 2
2001 = 5
2002 = 4
2003 = 1
2004 = 4
2005 = 2
2006 = 2
2007 = 0
2008 = 2
2009 = 3

And this is the breakdown by genre from the previous MoFo lists:
Sci-Fi List = 4
Animated Movies List = 4
Directed By Women List = 3
All-Time List = 1
Action List = 0
Horror List = 0
Westerns List = 0
Documentaries List = 0

Thanks for giving them a shoutout. I know I PM'd both of them, but haven't seen them pop in here.

*We're at 76 now.

People...

DEADLINE IS TONIGHT, DECEMBER 2, AT 11:59 PST*

* Not because PST is the best time zone, but just to give those lazy West Coast posters that have longer days to catch up with us