Inglorious Bastards

Tools    

Tarantino was quoted in Empire magazine this month whilst at Cannes saying the following

"I just finished up with the first draft and if all goes well I will be here, in Cannes, in 2009 with Inglorious Bastards!"

BRING IT ON!!!!!!!

\m/ Fade To Black \m/
LOOOKING FORWARD to see this wooohhoooo!

A PHD in Whiskey and Stonerology
I'm fairly surprised by the reaction a lot of you have to Tarantino, sure he's gone downhill a bit but then so has George Lucas. IMO Tarantino's brilliant films (Kill Bill, Reservoir Dogs, Pulp Fiction) makes up for a lot of the carp he's been "presenting". As for Death Proof.. I like it.

My hope here is that Inglorious Bastards will mark a return to his former state of glory, and the plot does sound damn cool to me even if it is a conglomeration of a lot of other films/ideas. That doesn't meen it can't be good.

Finally, this thread has made me really want to see the original Inglorious Bastards so... woohoo.

In the Beginning...
Eh, I'm curious enough about how Tarantino handles a war film, but I get the feeling I already know. The original Inglorious Bastards is what it is, and if any war film lends itself closely to Tarantino's established style, it's that one. When it's all said and done, I'm not sure we'll even be calling his remake a "war film" so much as an exercise in the concept of an R-rating.

I just wish Tarantino would stop trying to force his characters, and just let them be. Highly stylized characters are cool, but they're not supposed to be concepts. Deep down, they're still real people. Of all his features, Tarantino never captured that so believably as he did in Jackie Brown. Some say it's the mildest "Tarantino" of the bunch, but I think that's something we ought to celebrate. When I watch his other stuff, I never feel like I'm watching anything more than cartoons. That's not entirely a bad thing, and I appreciate what he intended to do with flicks like Reservoir Dogs and Kill Bill. But in the years since he really began creating on a public level, with the exception of Jackie Brown, he hasn't evolved at all. He's still writing and directing the same superficial, hipster Indie experiments... just at substantially bigger budgets.

Don't get me wrong, I enjoy his stuff. I just don't think he's really earned the right to be called a genuine filmmaker yet.

\m/ Fade To Black \m/
Tarantinos movies are great and I love them, the best films he's made is Pulp Fiction, Resivour Dogs, Kill Bill and Jakie Brown. Ive see all his films and enjoyed them all Death Proof I found odd. There was to much talking about nothing. But I did love the Car crash and the car chase.

Im really hoping Tarantino does a great job with this as it would be great to see what he does with this war film. I havent seen the Original I shall make the effort to see it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Inglori...rds_(2009_film)

http://www.inglouriousbasterds.com/

Well, I didn't see Death Proof. Don't know how that went. His other movies are all masterpieces. Not on the first viewing, mind you. I usually have to watch a QT movie a few times before I go “hey, that’s brilliant”. My initial reaction is, “what a rip off!” But that is his skill. He is the best at taking a mish mash of vintage bad movie gags and turning them into really impressive…stuff.

We'll see if he can shoot himself in the foot with this next one.