Doom Movie

Tools    

Many of you may have heard of this already but heres the article anyway
http://www.darkhorizons.com/news04/040830f.php

And this is my BOOMstick!
What can I say, cool!

Looks pretty awesome. This movie should be awesome, considering they cast the right people to play the right characters. Can't wait for it to come out.

No, he said he doesn't want to play it.

May The Forks be With Us
wait. is this gonna be live action or animated? i didnt get it. besides the games are fun but i dont think that there is enough good story to make it into a movie unless it is animated. it would be really hard to do those monsters live action and have them look good but it will be sumthin i will check out of they go thru with it....

The Rock will play the lead role in Doom he announced it himself. I think it shud b awesome theyre sayin its gona b one of the scariest movies in a long time!

My friends, we just got ****ed up the ass:

References to Hell edited out of Doom movie

No monsters.. a weird scenario

By Wil Harris: Saturday 04 December 2004, 11:39
Tyan Tomcat i7221 Server board
A REPORT from the set of the Doom movie has unveiled some fantastic re-writes and re-characterisations.

The movie project, based on the ubiquitous video game, is currently being filmed in Prague. Eastern Europe has become a hot-bed of low budget horror movie making in recent years, due to the activities of the SciFi channel, who have their Saturday night monster-flicks filmed there.

The report says that screenwriter, Dave Callaham, was keen to keep the atmosphere of the game intact whilst making some 'necessary' story changes. The changes? Well, Doom won't be set on Mars. The monsters have nothing to do with Hell. Space marines are SWAT teams. The monsters will, apparently, be people mututated by a secret virus.

Gosh, how original. Have they seen Resident Evil?

The report is the latest in a series that don't exactly lend the movie credit. The director recently hired to take over the project, Andrzej Bartkowiak, has such high-quality films as Species and Dante's Peak in his back-catalogue.

The lack of any kind of 'Hell' connection is something of a kicker. Doom 2 was subtitled 'Hell on Earth', and the key plot point of Doom 3 is that the monsters in-game are Hellspawn, hence the multiple pentograms and such vile creations as dead-baby-cherub-wasp combinations. A 'necessary' change, or a neat way to avoid right-wing criticism? We wonder.

The Doom movie is due out some time in 2005.

http://www.theinquirer.net/?article=20044

In Soviet America, you sue MPAA!
Yah, this movie has absolutely nothing to do with Doom now and it is a huge shame that it is even still carrying on the name. The writer is going to get beaten to death if he tries to go to a nerd convention to do publicity.

Randomly visiting for now
owww I was all pumped for DOOM the movie, but if it's not true to the game or storyline then I will have to personally tell everyone I know not to see it, on principle . I loved the games (all of them), so why not put the effort in to make a good movie, while it would be difficult with the storyline + monsters, it's still possible?

Besides which, only gamers would know anything about the doom series, which is probably a bad thing because a lot of people will still go to see it if the Rock is starring, no matter the storyline. Oh well

The reason for the movie having no connection to hell, or mars or most of the doom franchise other than the name, and maybe the momsters that'll be in it is probably due to the fact that film makers want to release the movie as quickly as possible. If they took a little more time on story then they would probably make a lot more than on the concept they are currently making the movie on.

In Soviet America, you sue MPAA!
Originally Posted by The Blister Exists
The reason for the movie having no connection to hell, or mars or most of the doom franchise other than the name, and maybe the momsters that'll be in it is probably due to the fact that film makers want to release the movie as quickly as possible. If they took a little more time on story then they would probably make a lot more than on the concept they are currently making the movie on.
Nah, the story is already written (it's the exact story, event for event, from Doom 3), I'm sure they're doing it just so they can avoid any controversy. More parents will let their kids go see it if it doesn't have a bunch of zombies with pentagrams burned into their flesh. Which, to me, is pretty freeking stupid since the movie is just going to be 90 minutes of shooting guns off.

OMG stupid kids and thier politically-correct parents. Don't want your kids exposed to violence - DON'T SHOW THEM ANY. But let us regular joes get our 10 bucks worth of zombie bashing, demon smashing over-the-top gory ass-kickage we all have come to love. AKA everything Doom stands for.

In the Beginning...
Originally Posted by Zeiken
they might even consider taking all the work out of the process and simply slapping new titles on 'Resident Evil'.
Yeah, agreed. Why spend the money to make a whole new film we don't need, ruining the careers of young actors before they even get going, and tarnishing a namesake - when they're just going to make the same damn movie anyway?

Your number one source of the FORCE
I found this teaser trailer on this site (http://media.filmforce.ign.com/media...04/vids_1.html)

Sorry if somebody alredy posted before...

I'm not old, you're just 12.
Can't imagine this ever being any good. Never has been a good movie adapted from a game. If I want Doom, I'm gonna stay home and play it, not pay 9.50 to see someone act it out.

https://shawnsmovienight.blogspot.com/