Constantine

Tools    

history *is* moralizing
Originally Posted by jrs
Really? I didn't get that from it at all.
me neither. i assume there'll be one, but more cuz of the potential story going on between the Devil and Constantine...

Originally Posted by jrs
Really? I didn't get that from it at all.
I'm pretty sure they are going to make a sequel. The Hellblazer story is so deep that it could play out extremely well as a continuation from the first movie. Where they left off is perfect. If they keep the mood and spec effects from the first movie it will be truly awesome

I wipe my ass with your feelings
Crap

SPOILERS:
Absolutle crap. A 1.5/5, and I am being nice when I say that. The movie was so corny, it's unbelieveable. You can put this movie up along with the likes of Hellboy and The Punisher. While those two movies were somewhat interesting, this movie sucked. It had it's awful corny parts that should never have been placed. They could have done more with the two hours. Instead they put a twin sister 'I can feel what she feels' story line into it. Bravo.

I haven't read the comics. I don't read comics at all. If the movie followed the comics word for word, then the comics must blow just as horribly. I don't get what you people saw in this movie? Keanu did some fine acting, but it was ruined by it's attempts to be funny (Such as Chas' character). I hope they don't come out with a second one at all.

I might have totally missed this, but what did Constatine do to deserve a spot in hell? I mean, he's only killed demons (he is the 'peace keeper' right?)
We're soldiers. Soldiers don't go to hell. It's war. Soldiers, they kill other soldiers. We're in a situation where everybody involved knows the stakes. And if you're gonna accept those stakes... You gotta do certain things. It's business, we're soldiers. We follow codes... Orders.

history *is* moralizing
I don't read comics at all. If the movie followed the comics word for word, then the comics must blow just as horribly.
now that's an expert opinion...
if coffee tastes as it did in a Soviet Union train station when it was brighter than tea, then coffee must taste horribly.

Originally Posted by Hell_Bent
well i know what the special ending is and frankly im kinda glad they didnt use it.
What are you talking about?? You mean the alternate ending on the DVD?

Yo She Bi*ch, lets go.
As soon as I saw Keanu Reeves I knew this was a movie that had to do with saving the world or something like that. And I also knew that he was some majestic demon slayer that acts like he is god.

Keanu Reeves never gets tired of saving the world.

Saving the world is just a figure of speech. It don't mean exactly that all the time.

-TheButcher

I wipe my ass with your feelings
Originally Posted by chicagofrog
now that's an expert opinion...
if coffee tastes as it did in a Soviet Union train station when it was brighter than tea, then coffee must taste horribly.
I shouldn't have to read the comics at all to enjoy the movie. If I had to, it should come with the rental. There is absolutely no reason as to why I should know the entire back story because the movie is supposed to explain all that.

In the Beginning...
Originally Posted by Godsend
I shouldn't have to read the comics at all to enjoy the movie. If I had to, it should come with the rental. There is absolutely no reason as to why I should know the entire back story because the movie is supposed to explain all that.
But you should have to read comics to pass judgment on them. That's all he was saying. You said that you don't read comics, but that the comics must blow if they match the film word-for-word. If you don't read comics at all, then how could you pass judgment on the Hellblazer comics based on the film? It's somewhat of a shallow statement.

It doesn't matter, anyway. The comics don't follow the film word-for-word, and even if they did, there would still be inherent differences. Would you believe that some of the corny lines in the film actually come from the comic? Because the medium is different, the lines seem to work when read, but they fall apart once spoken. It's just the nature of translation, I guess.

Oh, and to the defense of the filmmakers for giving us a film that at least tried to be a decent watch (and succeeded in some ways, I would argue) - given that it really could have been another "cash-in-on-a-comic-name-with-a-quick-release-crap-film" - I must remind those who didn't enjoy the film that John Constantine has popped up in comics quite a bit since his creation in the mid-80's. He's been around a while, and that means TONS of material to cram into one film (or cut out altogether), and still make the flick a decent, cohesive watch. I can imagine how difficult that must be.

I'm watching Constantine again, as I lay up in bed in a foreign town and a twisted ankle. I enjoyed it thoroughly the first time and hope the 2nd coming is as just as inviting..hehe. Being a Catholic it has some residence, fire and brimstone and all that..

One of the most underrated films of the 2000s, it s almost forgotten