Constantine

Tools    

I wouldn't compare this to daredevil, while daredevil had its moments It just didn't work for me, plus I hate afleck. Constantines cg was so much better, not to mention the gore. It has the perfect action movie flow to it, about the alternate ending, I believe they are working on a sequel as we speak, I think the ending was perfect in that case.

I finally saw it today.

What a waste of time.
"Today, war is too important to be left to politicians. They have neither the time, the training, nor the inclination for strategic thought. I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids."

I got for good luck my black tooth.
Originally Posted by LordSlaytan
I finally saw it today.

What a waste of time.
Word. I Don't see what the big fuss is about this one.

Originally Posted by LordSlaytan
I finally saw it today. What a waste of time.
You have to be kidding me.....I saw it the other night and I loved it. I give Constantine a
. I am gonna catch it again.

I think that rating is fair, did you also write a review for it? I'd be interested in reading that.

I saw Constantine twice and i'm psyched for a sequel, it could be a really cool saga, maybe a little astray from the comic. But who knows, maybe they make the sequel even more like the comic and maybe even call it Constantine 2:Hellblazer or something, I know that would please the comic fans in some aspects.

history *is* moralizing
or even better, they'll make at last a Lucifer movie!
yes, that's another great Vertigo comicbook that's been around for a while now.

Yea hopefully they get the ball rolling and pump out some more awsome vertigo movies, Constantine was a perfect start for them, and the fact that was the directors first movie I think he did an outstanding job.

what was at the end of the credits?

Originally Posted by Hell_Bent
what was at the end of the credits?

As much as i'd love to go into sploiler mode I won't devulge the secret ending, you gotta see it for yourself. Besides if you really wanted it www.google.com is your friend

Originally Posted by Captain_Carious
As much as i'd love to go into sploiler mode I won't devulge the secret ending, you gotta see it for yourself. Besides if you really wanted it www.google.com is your friend
u make it so difficult, i saw the movie, i just missed the end of the credit stuff.

Originally Posted by Hell_Bent
u make it so difficult, i saw the movie, i just missed the end of the credit stuff.

Hehe

All I shall tell you is this, the special ending opens up a vague but pretty good possibility for a sequel, and also has to do with him quitting smoking (but i bet he'll start back up again in the sequel )

I ate all your bees.
I really enjoyed the movie. Sure it aint breaking any new boundries but its not really trying too. Good stuff all round.

history *is* moralizing
and also has to do with him quitting smoking (but i bet he'll start back up again in the sequel
i hope he will. enough sh!tty political f.uckin' correctness. the comicbook is not, the character is not, so screw it!

Originally Posted by chicagofrog
i hope he will. enough sh!tty political f.uckin' correctness. the comicbook is not, the character is not, so screw it!

Yeah, but it makes sense if you think about it, imagine if you saw what your lungs looked like after a lifetime of smoking, he was probably just temporarily shocked by the experience.

history *is* moralizing
imagine if you saw what your lungs looked like after a lifetime of smoking
oh but i do........., although, okay, it's not been more than 22 years for me. and 20 cigs a day is not so much, is it?
/

well i knoe what the special ending is and frankly im kinda glad they didnt use it.

20 cigs a day? phew, I dunno if that tops john constantine but thats still alot, lol, john constantine as a non smoker would be weird too, but as long as he still had the attitude it might be cool.

i'm so mad that they didnt stick to the source...
i had really high hopes for Constantine but Lawrence was definitly not the right guy to direct this movie...

btw i know people that smoke 2-3 packs a day and they are still fine i wonder for how long tho...

I think lawrence made out ok for his first movie, he definatly read up on cinematography and got all the special effects done well within the budget.

Hey I saw this movie not to long ago and thought it was excellent, I read a couple of the Hellblazer comics when I was younger but that was a while back. They changed a few things yeah but overall it still has the feel of the comic and that's what's most important. I love how dark they made it, an adult comic translated into an adult film who would have thought it . Joking aside though more comic translations need to be like Constantine.