Constantine

Tools    

I personally can't wait for this movie to come out because it looks amazing and it looks like it will be a perfect follow up for Keanu's career.

Thank You for Smoking 10/10
Return of the Living Dead: Necropolis 4/10
Equilbrium 8/10
A History of Violence 8/10
Officespace 10/10

Feed me breadcrumbs
Yeah they changed the location of the story to LA to keep Constantine american. Hmmm...

They're incorporating I think the 'cancer' story arc into the movie. Which I think is the best one, however they've also added Hollywood in a big way to the more subtle sides of the Hellblazer moods. Not a good move if you ask me.

Dissapointment is paramount.

And its really nice to see another Miller fan in a Monkeypunch, I wonder if he's looking forward to Sin City as well...

In the Beginning...
Originally Posted by Frank Castle
I think I would have like to see someone older as the role of Constantine.
Than Keanu?

Yeah, I think that would have suited the character a little better. Not that he'd do it, but it would have been fun to see someone like Kenneth Branagh play John Constantine (although he's only four years older than Reeves).

I cannot wait to see this. I picked up a Constantine promo DVD at Best Buy this morning and what I have seen, it is one hell of a sweet film. I have never seen anything like it. Constantine is on the list of the top films that I must see this year!

And this is my BOOMstick!
looks like matrix meets hellboy meets blade

history *is* moralizing
i hope they make it as dark as the COMIC!

In the Beginning...
Originally Posted by chicagofrog
i hope they make it as dark as the COMIC!
Which one? I don't know which the film is based on (if any), but John Constantine shows up everywhere.

Is it based on Hellblazer?

history *is* moralizing
of course Hellblazer, read this thread a lil bit more above, and go to the links this frog gives if you have time, it'll give you at least a slight idea and some preliminaries to enjoying the movie. i think it's a shame to watch the movie without any clue what the comic it's based on looks like, even if it's too late to follow it during years before you can see the movie, which creates some deeper expectations...

Feed me breadcrumbs
Gabriels in it. Right? I wanna see him open a can on him. Thats a good enough reason on its own to see the movie.

Strange that I would be talking about a Keanu Reeves film, but I've seen the trailer, and I was extremely impressed. I even think the "whoa" man does a pretty good job. I can't help drawing some similarities to "The Matrix" though, eg... Once you go, there's no turning back. Anyways, I'm going to check it out.

Keanu may not be the perfect John COnstantine but I think he will be able to pull it off. I read that he did alot of research into this role. I also think they changed alot from HellBlazer to appeal more to the masses. All I know is that the special effects are gonna be crazy. Another good site with some unseen clips is Hellwantshim.com. Wont work till after 10pm unless you change your time on your computer.

I've recieved my screening pass for this Tuesday...but i can't find anybody who wants to go with...go figure.
"Today, war is too important to be left to politicians. They have neither the time, the training, nor the inclination for strategic thought. I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids."

Originally Posted by LordSlaytan
I've recieved my screening pass for this Tuesday...but i can't find anybody who wants to go with...go figure.
How did you get the screening pass? Is this a regular thing for you?

Do you have connections?

While it might not be the most reliable sight in the world, IGN gave it an excellent review. Four and a half stars. I can't wait to see this one late Friday night.