Serenity

Tools    

Randomly visiting for now
Yeah I've seen the trailer and it looks like a good sci-fi movie. I also happened to watch a few episodes of Firefly at a friend's house and if those are anything to go by this should be a pretty cool movie.....go River!

Get off my island
I saw a trailer and it said something about "Six fugitives on the run". Huh? Even with Inara and Book out of that equation, there are still seven of them.
I can't wait for this film. For the last few months I've been going around to people, knocking on their doors and converting them to the ways of Firefly, Jehovah's witness style. In fact, I'm pretty much obsessed by it at the moment. Everyone I've ever forced to watch it, even the unwilling ones have come out loving it, and buying their own box sets, so I also have a lot of burning resentment and idle thoughts about walking into the Fox HQ with a semiautomatic gun, but I'll be placated if it works out, gets a franchise and possibly even (in my wild fantasies) picked up again.

WARNING: "Inara and Book" spoilers below
Re: Inara and Book not being there. Inara declared at the end of Heart of Gold that she was leaving the ship, so I guess that's where she's gone. Don't know about Book though. There are still a lot of unresolved questions over him and since this film seems to focus on River, I don't expect we'll get any answers.

MoFo Survivor - r3port3r66 wins!!!!!!

I've only seen one episode of the series but I think movie will be pretty good.

looks good, can't wait to see were i am at. I forget it, but there is a site with a bunch of trailers on it/ I'll have to locate it...

Man of La Movies
Originally Posted by Revenge of Mr M
I saw a trailer and it said something about "Six fugitives on the run". Huh? Even with Inara and Book out of that equation, there are still seven of them.
I can't wait for this film. For the last few months I've been going around to people, knocking on their doors and converting them to the ways of Firefly, Jehovah's witness style. In fact, I'm pretty much obsessed by it at the moment. Everyone I've ever forced to watch it, even the unwilling ones have come out loving it, and buying their own box sets, so I also have a lot of burning resentment and idle thoughts about walking into the Fox HQ with a semiautomatic gun, but I'll be placated if it works out, gets a franchise and possibly even (in my wild fantasies) picked up again.
About Book and Inara, they are listed as part of the cast of the movie

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0379786/

I think they may mean them as part of the crew and may not be including River and Simon...just a thought...can't wait to see this movie!

Shop Smart. Shop S-Mart

My Reputation: Holy Crap, I'm Well thought of!!!?? I think we're going a little far here??

May The Forks be With Us
I loved the show. That girl was freakin awsome. I can't wait for the movie. It might not be very good but it's bound to be one wild ride.

"Snozberries taste like snozberries"

Originally Posted by HellboyUnleashed
It might not be very good but it's bound to be one wild ride.
Serenity is a great movie. Fans of the series will absolutely love it. But even if you've never seen a single episode, it's still loads of fun, with all the wit and adventure and good ol' fashioned storytelling that was completely absent in the dead Star Wars prequels. Serenity blows them away. Easily.
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

There's treachery afoot!!!
This movie is really good and i can't wait for a sequel.

Man of La Movies
Originally Posted by Revenge of Mr M
Can someone who saw this already give us a heads up on this? Are Book and Inara players in the movie, or do they just cameo? Don't want to spoil anything, just give us a general idea

A system of cells interlinked
Originally Posted by samq79
Can someone who saw this already give us a heads up on this? Are Book and Inara players in the movie, or do they just cameo? Don't want to spoil anything, just give us a general idea
From what I have read, they are not important players in the film, and are relegated to cameo-ish roles. Really, they have sort of come across that way during the show as well, to me anyway. I am totally fine with that. I tend to like Mal, River and Kaylee....

Get off my island
I hope the movie will be good. I liked the show, with the exception of all the explicit stuff put onscreen. The characters are great, and the acting is good- especially for a TV show. I have to go check out this trailer you're talking about!

Rosie, I think you hit on something....I did think at one point that I wouldnt necessarily want a child to watch the show..... Its weird, I couldnt put my finger on it. The "unaired" episodes just went there. I almost wonder it Joss Whedon would be more comfortable on HBO. Come to think of it, Buffy gets, uhmm...interesting too.

Yeah. I don't know how or why that stuff gets in TV shows, especially. I mean, it can be alluded to without haveing to stick it up there on the screen for all to see. Maybe some people like it that way. I do not.
I just read through the topic and not to be something or other that's bad, but this exchange really bothered me. Exactly what do you mean by "explicit stuff"? I really hope you mean all the gun violence, because if it's the sex, I'll really be upset at the kinds of attitudes on display.

I'm not old, you're just 12.
Serenity was pretty much the best movie I've seen all year. I will write a full review of it very soon, but for now, I'm not kidding when I say you need to see it.

https://shawnsmovienight.blogspot.com/

Originally Posted by Monkeypunch
Serenity was pretty much the best movie I've seen all year. I will write a full review of it very soon, but for now, I'm not kidding when I say you need to see it.
True, I saw Serenity around the beginning of September at a Trade Screening along with Two for the Money and it was sensational.

Originally Posted by Sedai
From what I have read, they are not important players in the film, and are relegated to cameo-ish roles. Really, they have sort of come across that way during the show as well, to me anyway. I am totally fine with that. I tend to like Mal, River and Kaylee....

The entire crew and Joss Whedon are returning for a sequel. Even possibly a trilogy!!!!! Click here

monkeypunch: Martin? Is that you???? How's it going? glad to see you made here!

A system of cells interlinked
Originally Posted by RosieGamgee
Yeah. I don't know how or why that stuff gets in TV shows, especially. I mean, it can be alluded to without haveing to stick it up there on the screen for all to see. Maybe some people like it that way. I do not.
So...it shouldn't be in the show? Turn the channel. Not all TV should be kid friendly. It gets put into the shows because some adults like racey or violent subject matter, and TV isn't just for kids. There is plenty of kid friendly content out there, to keep them busy for hours, while the sdults do things that aren't for kids. So wait a minute, what exactly are you guys talking about here? What "stuff" are you talking about?

I really don't think anyone should decide what content is ok for me to see, as I am an adult, and will do the deciding for myself. As for the kids, their parents are responsible for what they watch on TV, not the TV networks. I really hope there never comes a day where everything on TV is kid friendly, as the world isn't just for kids, regardless of what that lady next door with the mini-van full of soccor balls thinks....

I'm not old, you're just 12.
Originally Posted by starrdarcy
monkeypunch: Martin? Is that you???? How's it going? glad to see you made here!

actually thats not me. this is pretty much the only forum I post on. sorry.

I watched the movie serveral times. It's fantastic.

In the Beginning...
Not as deep as Firefly, but still a good "companion" to the show.

Originally Posted by samq79
Shepherd Book shows up for two scenes, and that's it. It seems like Ron Glass didn't want a big part, because I'm sure Joss Whedon would have wanted him there a little more.

Inara doesn't start on the ship, but ends up with the crew about a third of the way in, and sticks with them for the rest of the film. Her character has much more screen time than Shepherd, but she's more of a supporting character (similar to her role in the early episodes of Firefly, before they started writing more scenes between her and the captain).

The film centers around River and Mal, to be sure. Not that they really interact much in the film, but within the context of the story, they're both equally important.

If you're a fan of the show, do yourself a favor, and go see it.

I wipe my ass with your feelings
This movie is so overrated, it's getting absurd. Do you guys really miss Star Wars that much?

I saw nothing out of the ordinary. The ending was so lame and pathetic, I had to wonder how this movie even got made.

The beginning was terrific, but during the middle of the movie everything just fell apart. I wonder how something with such a great foundation can end up making something so...so...un-original.

SPOILERS!

Honestly. The ending was horrible. I thought it would involve River a lot more and some big old, mouth gaping ending...but no. The same old usual bull****. Values, morals, and stopping it from happening again. *yawn* The fact that the whole entire planet got wiped out and the reapers were made didn't fancy me much.

What a waste. It should have been left for the Sci-Fi channel.
We're soldiers. Soldiers don't go to hell. It's war. Soldiers, they kill other soldiers. We're in a situation where everybody involved knows the stakes. And if you're gonna accept those stakes... You gotta do certain things. It's business, we're soldiers. We follow codes... Orders.