Sin City 2 and 3

Tools    

what does everyone think of Robert Rodriguez doing this?

There are enough stories already inked over the years by Frank that they could conceivably do a second feature. SIN CITY has done good business (already made back nearly twice the pre-advertising budget in U.S. boxoffice alone), and will do even better on DVD, so I'm sure from a financial standpoint it's something Dimension would put up money for. Whether or not Miller & Rodriguez want to do another one, time will tell.
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

You ready? You look ready.
Originally Posted by Holden Pike
There are enough stories already inked over the years by Frank that they could conceivably do a second feature. SIN CITY has done good business (already made back nearly twice the pre-advertising budget in U.S. boxoffice alone), and will do even better on DVD, so I'm sure from a financial standpoint it's something Dimension would put up money for. Whether or not Miller & Rodriguez want to do another one, time will tell.
I do hope that would happen. I'd love to see A Dame To Kill For in the next one if they do go ahead with a sequel.
"This is that human freedom, which all boast that they possess, and which consists solely in the fact, that men are conscious of their own desire, but are ignorant of the causes whereby that desire has been determined." -Baruch Spinoza

[b]Umm All I gotta say lol is Sin City Was a great Movie!!!!

Just read my first Sin City graphic novel, A Dame To Kill For. Loved it! I hope they make it in either part 2 or 3.

But after reading it, I now have a problem with the movie. Why is Dwight in the bar when Marv walks in all taped up? Shouldn't he be in Old Town? I know I'm being a little nit-picky here, but if they do make A Dame To Kill For, they won't be able to link it in with The Hard Goodbye like they did in the book, because it wouldn't make sense.

Was Dwight in the bar in The Hard Goodbye graphic novel? I hope he wasn't.

Originally Posted by Garrett
No.
Why not?

Originally Posted by Sinny McGuffins
Was Dwight in the bar in The Hard Goodbye graphic novel?
No, he wasn't. The movie screwed up on the continuity.

In the Beginning...
Was Dwight in the bar in The Hard Goodbye graphic novel?
Nope, but Hartigan was. Only thing is, you didn't know it until That Yellow Bastard, because Frank Miller hadn't decided to connect the story till then (which is why you can see Marv in the background in That Yellow Bastard, but you can't see Hartigan in Sin City/The Hard Goodbye).

Arresting your development
How many graphic novels are there for the Sin?

Seven, I think.

• The Hard Goodbye
  • A Dame To Kill For
  • The Big Fat Kill
  • That Yellow Bastard
  • Family Values
  • Booze, Broads & Bullets
  • Hell and Back
There's some short stories too. But I don't know how to get a hold of them. Will some of them be included in the graphic novels I mentioned, or are they only in comic books?

Arresting your development
Seven, I think.
  • The Hard Goodbye
  • A Dame To Kill For
  • The Big Fat Kill
  • That Yellow Bastard
  • Family Values
  • Hell and Back
There's some short stories too. But I don't know how to get a hold of them. Will some of them be included in the graphic novels I mentioned, or are they only in comic books?
Thanks, I appreciate that!

A system of cells interlinked
Seven, I think.

• The Hard Goodbye
  • A Dame To Kill For
  • The Big Fat Kill
  • That Yellow Bastard
  • Family Values
  • Hell and Back
Only in the comics I think, as my favorite one-shots are in comic form only. Starring Delia Blue-eyes, Sex and Violence and Lost, Lonely and Lethal are two one-shots to track down, and well worth the time. They are in comic form, but with no ads, which is good. They are still available in most of the shops around here, so I would think they aren't that hard to come by...

Lost, Lonely and Lethal

Sex and Violence

Both are available at the above website.

They won't even quite be sequels as much as continuations. I know by definition that's what a sequel is, but all these stories were there way before the movies so it's just that they need more time to tell them that they didn't have for this one feature.

Anyone have any actors they'd like to see cast for characters who weren't in the first flick?

How about Uma Thurman as Ava? She's got the big eyes, the big lips, and tends to over-act a little too.

Sir Sean Connery's love-child
As long as Miller and Rodriguez are involved, hell yes I want sequels. Rodriguez and Rouke have already stated that Marv could be in any potential sequel, obviously that would mean the story involving Marv would have to be a prequel. Not knowing the comics does that make sense to anyone, and if so what stories does Marv appear in before the film adaptation?

Toga, toga, toga......

Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbour?

As far as i know, aside from the first series, "The Hard Goodbye," Marv only appears as a cameo in overlapping stories. He does not take the lead role in any others.