Your Hopes For X3!

Tools    

Whose powers do u want Singer to show us more of in X3?
15.38%
2 votes
Kitty's
76.92%
10 votes
Colossus'
0%
0 votes
Siryn's
7.69%
1 votes
Jubilee's
13 votes. You may not vote on this poll

There's treachery afoot!!!
Originally Posted by Piledriver
Does anyone know if the Sentinels are still part of the storyline for X3?
Producer Avi Arad said that they won't be in it. They didn't fit into the strory that they were going to have and that the cost would be too high for it. Sorry.

CANNONBALL SPECIAL!!!!!! Yeah it might be cheesy but ya know what, I don't care its the freakin CANNONBALL SPECIAL. They've done it in the comics forever, and Colossus and Wolverine are the coolest characters.

Has anyone seen the trailer on the Big Screen and if so, which movie????

man she looks pissed
Attachments
Click image for larger version

Name:	sien-darkphoenix2b[1].jpg
Views:	156
Size:	61.9 KB
ID:	5478   Click image for larger version

Name:	sien-darkphoenixb[1].jpg
Views:	155
Size:	78.7 KB
ID:	5479  

Someone needs their fill.
How often are they changing the cast list?

i hope x-3 does well so they decide to make an x-4 AND INCLUDE GAMBIT! i mean damn he has always been one of the most popular charecters.. and vinnie jones has signed a contract to play juggernaut for x3 and x4 so heres hoping.....

Someone needs their fill.
Originally Posted by asgoodasded
i hope x-3 does well so they decide to make an x-4 AND INCLUDE GAMBIT! i mean damn he has always been one of the most popular charecters..
Hell yes!

Can't wait for this movie to come out already and i think the role of Juggernaut was picked good because the actor who plays him is awesome

His name is Vinnie Jones

Success is the only Earthly judge..
Originally Posted by Mana4X2
What are your hopes for X3? Tell all. Who do you hope to see in the movie? What storyline do you hope Singer will follow, etc? Personally, I hope to see Gambit and Psylocke in X3. I also want more power usage from Kitty and Siryn.

The Dark Phoenix Saga must be touched even just a little so then we will know there is going to be a third movie. I would also love to see a different villian. Maybe Mr Sinister or the sentinels instead of Magneto.

Cheers,
Mana

Well in the last movie there was william stryker...

Success is the only Earthly judge..
The uncanny x-men #212...Mr. Sinister clones Jean ( Phoenix ) Prime story in my opinion... and there's always The Beast in this one; not exactly the most popular, but one of the most memorable...

the power of the R rating.

I dunno about powers, but I would like to have seen Gambit in this one. Perfect because we already have Rogue. As far as powers, I guess Rogues powers, I wanna see some fireworks!

A system of cells interlinked
Originally Posted by asgoodasded
i hope x-3 does well so they decide to make an x-4 AND INCLUDE GAMBIT! i mean damn he has always been one of the most popular charecters.. and vinnie jones has signed a contract to play juggernaut for x3 and x4 so heres hoping.....
Gambit? Not always, that's for sure. Gambit didn't appear until the mid-late 80's, which was a good 20+ years after the X-men were created. Gambit represents to me the worst of the X-men times. Stylistically, he had something going on, but thematically with the X-men, he just didn't fit. X- thief? Storm already fit that bill. Charged kinetic energy? Scott and Alex already had that type of power, and adding the playing cards didn't make it cool, to me. The writer that tried to hint around that Gambit might be a lost Summers brother (X-men 23-ish) dragged that tid bit out forever, and they never went anywhere with it. I guess that was my main problem with the late 80s early 90s X-men, and it's why I stopped reading for so long. They kept trying to weave this silly, 100 issue long threads into the book, with a million crossovers, and I got sick of trying to follow all the loose ends that never seemed to get tied up. gambit was a product of the time, and I didn;t care for the time. Many do seem to like the character, though... So it may just be me.

When I picked up New X-men #114 many years later, it was such a breath of fresh air, and I was ready to toss all my previous X-men stuff right out the window. But, I didn't, I love comics too much.

Anyway, The trailer for this film gave me a little hope. time will tell...

In the Beginning...
Originally Posted by Sedai
Gambit? Not always, that's for sure. Gambit didn't appear until the mid-late 80's, which was a good 20+ years after the X-men were created. Gambit represents to me the worst of the X-men times.
Agreed. His popularity stems from the fact that he's a "bad boy" outsider character, which has been the fantasy of many comic readers for quite a while (look at Wolverine's beloved status). Sure, Jim Lee designed the character, and designed him well - but like you said, he just didn't fit in. Grifter from Wildcats was essentially the same archetype, and fit in much better with that team. Gambit was misplaced, and I've never seen a writer figure out how to use him.

On top of that, writers Chris Claremont and Fabian Nicieza made X-Men the proverbial soap opera. Every character became a shallow, melodramatic archetype, and the books went nowhere.

My favourite character in the first one was Toad but he wasn't in the second. My favourite character in X2 was Nightcrawler but he's not going to be in X3.

I will be looking forward to Kelsey Grammer as The Beast. So in the likelyhood of a fourth X-men movie the odds on that he won't be in that.

I agree about Gambit, he is a bit one-dimensional and frankly Wolverine covers the bases there.

And my vote goes to Collossus. He was all too brief in X-men 2. More I say. More.

i like gambit i dont see him as being a badass like wolverine or someone struggling to find their inner hero vs their dark past or whatever. i see him as some guy who didnt really give a **** about good vs evil and just happened to land on the side of the X. he stays around cause he has nothing better to do and i like that kinda thing, lol. as where wolverine is a kick ass and take names kinda guy, he still has his moments of "do the right thing" more and more often, thus steering him away from the dark mysterious charecter he used to be. as far as the comics go, i think he has been misused alot, i havent kept up with the books for a while but last i checked xmen has gone pretty nuts the closest ive seen to a gambit that was used correctly was in the ultimate xmen, but thems a diff story

http://www.joblo.com/index.php?id=10611

supposedly we see a glimpse of them in X3, think we'll see em again?

Originally Posted by Sleezy
I'm surprised there wasn't more talk of them after the trailer. Because if you watch it, you can see lasers flying all over the place. I'm not sure what else it could be...

I'm guessing Danger Room.