Butterfly Effect 2

Tools    

Looks like sources are reporting that FilmEngine & New Line have approved the sequel to "The Butterfly Effect."

THey have signed on Michael Weiss to write the script and already signed John Leonetti to direct it. The original film's creators, Eric Bress and J. Mackye Gruber, will receive story credit on the film. FilmEngine's A.J. Dix & Anthony Rhulen and Benderspink's Chris Chris Bender & J.C. Spink will produce. William Shively will executive produce.

I havent found anything with reguards to casting, I would say its still too early in the project, production is slated to begin in September or October.

The sequel will follow a new character who finds he can travel through time. As he changes past events, though, they have unexpected consequences in the present.

I wipe my ass with your feelings
The sequel will follow a new character who finds he can travel through time. As he changes past events, though, they have unexpected consequences in the present.
That is so effin original

Wait...

BOMB!

I really loved that movie. I wonder what the sequel will be like and if it will have any connections with the other characters...I bet that could be neat.

I got for good luck my black tooth.
It is a little stupid that the premise of the movie that is presented as though it were a new concept is exactly the same as that of the original. However I liked the movie and would have no problem with a sequel.

A system of cells interlinked
Taking a page from the Pike handbook, tomorrow I can officially start never seeing these pieces of ****.

I really liked the first movie, although I'm not a big fan of Ashton Kutcher.

I think with the right actor, this could be a good one too.

Originally Posted by Sedai
Taking a page from the Pike handbook,
Is this allowed and are there any pages left?

Randomly visiting for now
hey I reckon this was one of kutcher's best performance (actually can't think of any other decent permormances actually). The movie was pretty good, but the best thing about it was that it was shocking and raw. While it did have the old familiar feel it seemed to have a new edge and drew you in with it's mysteries. I think it was the strong efforts of the director and story writer combined.

But to make a sequel just because the first had some degree of success is just hollywood money grabbing. A sequel will no longer be fresh and new. Also the story will be way too transparent as well (we know it's gonna turn out badly and without the same cast they will have to retell a portion of it which is annoying).

From what i hear Erica Durance (Lois from smallville) is going to have a part in this.

The way ended the first one, well the couple ways they ended the first one kinda closed the book..literally. The ending was shocking and thats how it should end. Dont know how they could re-open it.

Edited to remove SPAM

[quote=Smitty111]The way ended the first one, well the couple ways they ended the first one kinda closed the book..literally. The ending was shocking and thats how it should end. Dont know how they could re-open it.

this sequel is not going to have any connections with the 1st one.

The first one was very good, but Ashton Kutcher didn't need to play the lead. If it had a better lead the movie would be a classic. Hope this one has as good of a story and a better lead actor/actress.

http://www.eurofund2006.com/?ref=OnMyGrind Paid $$$ waiting for big return now

http://5dayfunds.com/?ref=OnMyGrind Paid $$$

One movie they should leave alone. In my opinion.

Originally Posted by Smitty111
The way ended the first one, well the couple ways they ended the first one kinda closed the book..literally. The ending was shocking and thats how it should end. Dont know how they could re-open it.
In one of the endings, Ashton lives, they should have that ending be the begining of the sequel, and there be conceqences to that ending.

A system of cells interlinked
Watched the first film this weekend. Had some good segments, but fell apart at the end. Really, one of the goofiest, cornball endings in a while. Also, this kid has such limited range, I kept wishing they just would have stuck with the kid they had playing the younger version of the main character. He was a better actor, by far. The prison scenes were SO cliche.

Alas, I like time travel pics, so I was somewhat entertained by the screenplay, warts and all.

I will be eager to see how the sequel will work out. I really loved the first one so I am sure this one will be twice as good. Is it due out this year?

I really hope there is no sequel.. I was really impressed with Ashton Kutcher in the first one... But I don't know if he can hold up a second one.
"Directing ain't about drawing a neat little picture and showing it to the cameraman. I didn't want to go to film school. I didn't know what the point was. The fact is, you don't know what directing is until the sun is setting and you've got to get five shots and you're only going to get two." - David Fincher

Is it true that the movie has two endings? The ending that I saw was that he was in his mothers womb.

WARNING: "Butterfly Effect" spoilers below
one ending he dies at birth, and the other ending he threatens the girl as a child so she never becomes friends with him, so they grow up not knowing each other, keeping her safe from all his crap, then at the very end they pass each other in the street and kinda look at each other and keep walking.