MoFo Fantasy Football 2019 - The Regular Season

Tools    

Good Lord. I'm not even in the consolation bracket and this will be the week I outscore everyone in the league.

Good Lord. I'm not even in the consolation bracket and this will be the week I outscore everyone in the league.
Been there, at least it is some consolation .

So both Mike and I have benched our highest scorer - both being WRs, I just need his RB M. Sanders not to score over 26 points. I wish I felt more confident, but at least I do feel like I am in a strong position to move forward.

So yeah I am a big underdog. Adam's team is averaging around 123 points a game and I think I surpassed that mark maybe twice this year.

So breaking things down with my redneck logic:

1. I'm overdue for a big week.
2. Dak attack has to happen for Dallas, I mean they are 6/7 with the Eagles nipping at their heels so they have to go for it. They are home against a tough Rams team hunting for a playoff spot, but the thing is they do not have to win for me to score well with Dak and Cooper. I mean I kinda see a shootout with the score being like 38 to 41 and the Cowboys blowing it .
3. Chubb, just Chubb
4. The Ravens QB is listed as Q, and I know the report says he looks fine, but I am thinking he gets roughed up a bit from a pissed off Jets team that doesn't want to be overlooked and he scores a bit low. Like maybe in the teens.
5. I used my 8 ball and asked it if I would win and it said, The outlook is good.

So there ya go, might as well go ahead and skip this week so I don't have to make Adam cry.

My prediction:
The Paper Curtain 141.88 WhentheLe'VeonBreaks 123.96

Yeah, it might just be remembered as The Lamar Jackson Year. Unless/until he inexplicably turns into a pumpkin in the finals and hands the other guy the title. That would be very Fantasy Football.

2022 Mofo Fantasy Football Champ
I can't imagine a team with Lamar Jackson being eliminated already.

I almost knocked one out last week but benched Joe Mixon for Miles Sanders to seal my season shut

In the broad scheme of things teams with some huge steal/breakout guy lose all the time, but yeah, they just have a lot more margin. If they drafted decently otherwise they'll be good, and if they drafted well they'll be great. But that also involves them maximizing that excess. IE: drafting Lamar in the 7th or 8th and trusting he'll be good. If they drafted him as an option and have two QBs they don't get as much benefit without trading one.

The numbers are always lower than expected, it's always something like 40% of the teams with this player won the title. Not enough for it to be even close to guaranteed, but actually a ton for a single player when you think about it.

I'd say Jackson this year will probably be correlated with championship teams even more than Freeman was a number of years ago with the Falcons, when he scored like 20 rushing TDs.

2022 Mofo Fantasy Football Champ
He only had 14, 6 in two games. I know this because I had him the following year and didn't do good research on him as he really only had like 5 good games.

Right you are. Anyway he went in the 8th round in our league that year (and that's 14 teams, so he went 100th overall) and played like a first rounder, so he was on a lot of winning teams I'm sure. But I'll say Jackson's probably a bigger factor even than that.

I've now made it to the semi-finals all five years I've been in the league. I'm very proud of that, but I'll be more proud about making it to four straight championship games should I advance. Don't feel great about my chances, though. Losing Mike Evans is a heavy blow, especially with such a juicy matchup on deck. @Powdered Water has already gotten off to a good start with Mark Andrews, and I feel like he has the advantage on me in the majority of spots when comparing our teams position by position. I'm probably going to need a big showing from my kicker and defense in order to tilt things in my favor.

Indeed, it's very impressive. I'll have to check, but the semi-finals thing might be a record. If you make it to a fourth MoFo Bowl that'll definitely tie the record.

Yeah, I'd make him a favorite, too. Slightly with Evans, but a bit more without, obviously, though Evans sure seemed up (way up, sometimes) and down this year, so who knows. Certainly a winnable match, though.

It'll be really funny if you take it because I dropped Tannehill, though. That's a move I only make if I'm unlikely to make the playoffs and trying to guard against every tiny thing (in this case, gobbling up TE options to reduce 7th's point total, however marginally).

Well looking like a dismal outcome for me. I still feel good about making the playoffs and winning a game though. Not over yet but the last nail is getting pounded on pretty hard here today.

I feel like a fantasy guru today for playing Breshard Perriman. 32 points! And he was only started in 3% of leagues. He played well last week after Evans left the game, and the Bucs pass a gazillion times a game, so I felt like he had more boom potential than anyone else I could play in that spot. If I hadn't expected to lose, I probably would've went with a safer option, but I felt like I needed the big play potential. Boy did it pay off!

I assume you played him specifically because Evans was out, yeah? Goes back to what I said about the blessing/curse thing of Evans being boom/bust. Him being out is probably the best thing that could've happened for you, in retrospect.

You do like to gamble, though, I've noticed. You seem particularly enamored with the last-minute flex plug-in.

It'll be really funny if you take it because I dropped Tannehill, though.
I praised your name many times when you dropped him. Up to that point, I felt like I was playing Russian roulette with my QBs.

You do like to gamble, though, I've noticed. You seem particularly enamored with the last-minute flex plug-in.
More often than not it pays off for me. In a way, I probably have you to thank for my Perriman pick-up. I went to grab Hurns earlier in the week when I saw that Parker might not play, but you'd already picked him up. Then I flirted with picking up and playing Boston Scott, only to log on and see that you'd grabbed him earlier in the day. I was like, "Dammit, Yoda, you're not even in the playoffs! Stop adding everyone I want!" That's when I dipped back into the waiver wire pool and saw Perriman and thought, "Hmm, this might be an intriguing option." I didn't see any "experts" particularly high on him, and apparently it wasn't even a sure thing if he'd be the one on the roster to slide into Evans's spot or not. Still decided to roll the dice on him since I felt like I had nothing to lose.

I don't want to get too far ahead of myself since it's not yet a sure thing if I'll get the win. None of my 4:00 guys have shown up yet, and @Powdered Water still has Michael Thomas tomorrow night, who's capable of putting up a ton of points. So far it looks good for me, though. I just need average production from my remaining guys to put it out of reach.

I praised your name many times when you dropped him. Up to that point, I felt like I was playing Russian roulette with my QBs.
I actually didn't realize your situation was that dire or how well he'd been playing, exactly. I certainly didn't expect it to last, though I still would've hung onto him if either a) I had a good chance of making the playoffs or b) I had no chance of making the playoffs. It was literally only the situation of "small chance of making the playoffs" that prompted me to do it. Funny how little this stuff turns on.

More often than not it pays off for me. In a way, I probably have you to thank for my Perriman pick-up. I went to grab Hurns earlier in the week when I saw that Parker might not play, but you'd already picked him up. Then I flirted with picking up and playing Boston Scott, only to log on and see that you'd grabbed him earlier in the day. I was like, "Dammit, Yoda, you're not even in the playoffs! Stop adding everyone I want!" That's when I dipped back into the waiver wire pool and saw Perriman and thought, "Hmm, this might be an intriguing option." I didn't see any "experts" particularly high on him, and apparently it wasn't even a sure thing if he'd be the one on the roster to slide into Evans's spot or not. Still decided to roll the dice on him since I felt like I had nothing to lose.
So, funny thing, and also related to the Tannehill thing above: I go out of my way not to muck with free agents if I'm out of it. I find it really lame when teams mess around with the "real" playoffs to try to win consolation games. I've set it to lock rosters for eliminated teams, but that only locks the ones eliminated even from consolation, which is kinda dumb. If there were an option to lock all but the real playoff teams, I would pick it.

Anyway, that's one of the reasons I wouldn't have dropped Tannehill if I'd been clearly out, and I actually skipped over other guys for that reason. Specifically, I saw the Blial Powell news, but didn't add him because I thought it might affect the remaining teams. Sure enough, something like a day later you added him, and put him in your flex. He was fine (like 8 points), but scored a bit less than the other guys you had on your bench, so in that case it dinged you, but only for a borderline meaningless amount. So it's funny to hear the Hurns thing, since it was sort of a similar situation but just on the other side of it, and it felt slightly different since I was handcuffing my own guy at least (I also didn't think you'd wanna play him anyway).

But yeah, in general you can count on me not to get involved in that stuff, particularly not in any big free agent situations or stuff I can easily guess might matter. I don't think it's very sporting, there's just no option to block it. I'd be fine with implementing a rule next year, though, and just expect people to follow it (and roll back transactions that violate it or something, since I expect people would not notice or forget sometimes).

I don't want to get too far ahead of myself since it's not yet a sure thing if I'll get the win. None of my 4:00 guys have shown up yet, and @Powdered Water still has Michael Thomas tomorrow night, who's capable of putting up a ton of points. So far it looks good for me, though. I just need average production from my remaining guys to put it out of reach.
Yeah, it's tightening a little. So is Adam's matchup, for that matter. You'll be fine if your guys are half-decent, but they've all started slow so there's suddenly a tiny bit of drama.

I'll refrain from predictions, because they always make us look silly.