DVD copying right or wrong?

Tools    

i'm not the biggest buyer of DVD's, mostly because there just aren't that many films out there that i would watch more than once every year or two. So i still enjoy renting mine. i pay for netflix and love it. such a great system (fast and easy).

There are those who call me...Tim.
I haven't done it in ages. The novelty of being able to watch a film without having to leave the house has worn off, and I feel really embarrassed about having done it at all.

Plus, if you download it you don't get that same thrill of removing the plastic packaging of a brand new DVD, popping it in the DVD player in a dimly lit room and then sitting back for 2 hours of bliss.

Well. I dont download because I cant be bothered, but I've been tempted to "rip" upon occassion, and well...er...I didnt really feel that it was that wrong until recently when I tried to explain it to someone.

Of course this person is barely computer literate. Hm. Jury's still out.

I know personally I would never need an extra copy of a movie I own and if I wanted a friend to see it I would just let them borrow the movie I bought. Downloading just seems like a waste of time and it meeses up your computer! And I hate standing in the line at bestbuy to get my computer fixed so I will pass!

It's wrong but a good way to see a new release.
I would never put them in a real movie collection.
If people want to do it it's there problem if they get cuaght.

Yeah I have seen part of one before and they are just terrible. Why would anyone want to own one of these or watch it for that matter...Britbrat you are right quality sucks!...Just buy the movie or go see it in the theatre!

why is worry? dvd copy tools is worry? all copy tools is worry? http://bestdvdtools.blogspot.com/

A system of cells interlinked
Originally Posted by Hum_Archmage
why is worry? dvd copy tools is worry? all copy tools is worry? http://bestdvdtools.blogspot.com/
Oh my....

Actually, unauthorized copies of DVDs is illegal. Legally, you are authorized to make one copy of each disc as a back up. A little known fact many don't seem to know... Can't sell it, though.

I prefer the whole experience of going to the movie store not knowing what you want, and spending 2 hours looking through all the movies until you find exactly what you need for the mood you're in. Maybe it's just me, and maybe I have too much time on my hands.

yup Sedai the problem comes in when people sell them and download them all the time. But I just wonder what would you need a backup copy of a movie for...really?

A system of cells interlinked
Originally Posted by joshuafor
yup Sedai the problem comes in when people sell them and download them all the time. But I just wonder what would you need a backup copy of a movie for...really?
I take it you don't have a cat.

I live with this:
Attachments
Click image for larger version

Name:	Shmort.jpg
Views:	1140
Size:	38.8 KB
ID:	5778  

No I do not have a cat and usually don't leave DVDs hanging out but I am a bit OCD and like to have thing in there place.....but thats besides the point The thing I was getting at is even if you "need and extra" copy I mean you bought it its yours. But when people start selling stuff and downloading for the heck of it it becomes a problem

Originally Posted by joshuafor
But when people start selling stuff and downloading for the heck of it it becomes a problem
How do you gauge when it is "for the heck of it?" if I download 700 movies for my own use is that ok

I have downloaded two movies in my lifetime (not counting all those "other" ones I kid, really I do) Battle Royale, and Ringu. Neither were available region 1 and I would have gladly paid for either or both.
"You have to believe in God before you can say there are things that man was not meant to know. I don't think there's anything man wasn't meant to know. There are just some stupid things that people shouldn't do." -David Cronenberg

lol Nebitt that would classify as the Heck of it...But I think you know what I mean....that is just wrong....I mean I downloaded a movie once and it one sucked the quality was the worst someone's head was in the middle of the screen....Im thinking I will never do this again...and I haven't its just as easy if not easier to buy it than to waste your time with a download that has someone talking or head in the middle of it!