Regions

Tools    

Is it Possible to change a Region Code on a dvd player? If so anyone know how to?

You have to search the net for these sites that tell you how to change the region code on certain DVD players. It's very hard though, and you're in danger of failing and causing your player to not work at all. Best thing to do is buy a multi-region DVD player off Amazon or something. Or, if you have a DVD Re-Writer on your PC, you can copy a DVD and change it's region.

Originally Posted by Parky
You have to search the net for these sites that tell you how to change the region code on certain DVD players. It's very hard though, and you're in danger of failing and causing your player to not work at all. Best thing to do is buy a multi-region DVD player off Amazon or something. Or, if you have a DVD Re-Writer on your PC, you can copy a DVD and change it's region.
Buy another dvd player just to get one Movie to work? no way jose

On my DVD/VCD/SVCD/CD Player, all I have to do is punch a few buttons on the remote. By using a menu that appears on the TV screen, I scroll through it and look for the region I want.
It can play DVDs from region 0-4.

How much did that cost, if you don't mind me asking? And can I get it off the net?

I got it for like a little over $50.00 2-3 years ago or so, on Yahoo! Shopping. It was a limited deal thing with Mustek.

Resident Metro-Sexual
http://www.videohelp.com/dvdhacks

havent gotten my model to work yet but hopefully you can get yours to work.

Just changed the region code on my non-multi-region DVD player, thanks to DVDHacks.co.uk. If anyone wants to play DVDs from another region, try and find your DVD player on this site, it worked great for mine.

The People's Republic of Clogher
Just changed the region code on my non-multi-region DVD player, thanks to DVDHacks.co.uk. If anyone wants to play DVDs from another region, try and find your DVD player on this site, it worked great for mine.
Same here - I've changed 2 players so far...

multiregion players are getting dirt cheap in the UK, £29.95 on amazon uk, richer sounds generally have a famous make one in the £40 range. Most of the cheap ones I've read about on sale in supermarkets have easily found hacks too.