Which actor playing a film's villain was wasted most?

Tools    

I always think of Mathieu Amalric in Quantum of Solace. He was still good, but he could have had a much better role in an improved version of that film.

You can't win an argument just by being right!

simply because there can never be enough Madly, although he's not really the villain.

Although this was pretty horrendous and made my eyes bleed

This might just do nobody any good.
I'd say the ball busting scene is proof he wasn't wasted.

Watch Doctor Strange for a real waste of Mads (though he's actually good in all his scenes).

Speaking of Marvel...

and...

and...

I'd say the ball busting scene is proof he wasn't wasted.

Watch Doctor Strange for a real waste of Mads ]
I really liked him in Dr Strange, nd there were a lot of diehard Madly fans wringing their wrists about him accepting that role and the one for Rogue One, but I think the big kid just wanted some fun after Hannibal and The Hunt.

Mickey Rourke - so good these days.

I don't know whether you could call White the film's main villain though – Le Chiffre is the face of villainy for the majority of it and Mads gets stuck in. Actually if anyone's interested Jesper Christensen was outstanding in the Wallander film The White Lioness playing one of Henning Mankell's nastiest villains.

Haven't seen all of that film but Christopher Eccleston looked pretty good, and quite menacing. I would say he has difficulty with fantasy generally and making it believable. I think there's something in his voice that scuppers him at times – he was atrocious in The Seeker for example, and I didn't like him in G.I. Joe either. But give him something about real life and he's great.

This might just do nobody any good.
Nonsense! Arnold was used to his FULL potential!

Eric Bana as Nero was hard to get behind for me.
The thing I didn't like about him was the American accent. I think without that it would have been better. And really, these Romulans weren't alien enough. In fact their use straight after Star Trek: Nemesis was quite a big gamble really.

Nonsense! Arnold was used to his FULL potential!
I'd have liked to see him in a Tim Burton-directed one with a different script.

I don't know whether you could call White the film's main villain though – Le Chiffre is the face of villainy for the majority of it and Mads gets stuck in. Actually if anyone's interested Jesper Christensen was outstanding in the Wallander film The White Lioness playing one of Henning Mankell's nastiest villains.
Wasnt he blackmailing Le Chiffre, though? I need a rewatch. I will sy, however, Madly was amazing as the (my term) red herring villain.

Wasnt he blackmailing Le Chiffre, though? I need a rewatch. I will sy, however, Madly was amazing as the (my term) red herring villain.
Yeah, there was some control involved with Le Chiffre under a lot of pressure.

yes i completely agree on eric bana as nero in star trek 2009,, and mathieu amaric from quantum of solace, but let s not get into details abt the shortages of the movies, the most chopped up incoherent movie i saw in the last decade, that movie had its moments, when it clicks its a great bond flick but when i think about the incoherence and disjoint feeling it has thts something else

How much time do you have?

Uma Thurman in Batman & Robin

Jim Carrey in Batman Forever

Robert Vaughn in Superman III

Keifer Sutherland in A Time to Kill

Alfred Molina in Spiderman 2

Christopher Walken in Batman Returns

Mabel King in The Wiz

Thomas Haden Church in Spiderman 3

Christoph Waltz in The Green Hornet

Tommy Lee Jones in Batman Forever

Christopher Lee in The Man with the Golden Gun

I don't actually wear pants.
Cillian Murphy's Scarecrow had amazing potential, and Nolan totally threw him in the trash. I liked Murphy's Scarecrow more than Ledger's Joker. And Ledger's Joker is a bit of a slapdash character, but that's because of Nolan's poor writing.

Cillian Murphy's Scarecrow had amazing potential, and Nolan totally threw him in the trash. I liked Murphy's Scarecrow more than Ledger's Joker. And Ledger's Joker is a bit of a slapdash character, but that's because of Nolan's poor writing.
I liked Murphy as well (yet another Irish Murphy I like), and the Scarecrow as a villain. Very clever of Nolan to go with two adversaries previously unseen in the films.

I suppose the character of the Joker could be seen as slapdash but he's chaotic isn't he? I thought the writing was pretty good but Ledger definitely elevated what was there with how he thought it through.

I thought Lee was great as Scaramanga, although they could have done more with him I agree.

Underrated movie
I loved him in the Musketeers films as well – God, everyone was brilliant in those.

I liked him as Scaramanga too; he was very funny, and deadly with it. I think the character's American in the novel. It would have been interesting if Lee had played Dr. No but Joseph Wiseman was superb.