Green Lantern

Tools    

Semper Fooey
I didnt know the Submariner sounded like Dracula. And how come when he had amnesia he didn't have that accent?

Why is Marvel trying to turn that loser Antman into a movie when the Submariner is a much better character, which they don't seem to have any interest in? Stan Lee's aristocratic take on the character was never as interesting as creaor Bill Everett's back in the forties. Even in the sixties and seventies Submariner was more popular than the very marginal Antman (and Giant Man).

I believe the Sub-Mariner rights are still at Universal, so it's up to Universal to make a Sub-Mariner movie. Marvel has no say in it until the rights revert back or Disney buys them back, whichever happens first. There are a lot of Marvel characters licensed out to other studios still.

Keep on Rockin in the Free World
Well by all rights Sub-Mariner should be introduced at the end of the Captain America flick.

With the GP oil spill fresh in our memories, A feature length Sub-Mariner flick is bound to happen.

and when it does, here is my choice.

Jason Scott Lee

but they gotta doe away with the ridiculous wings on his ankles.

I always thought the ankle-wings were cool.

To caveat my previous post, I just found an article from September of this year that says the Sub-Mariner rights have reverted back to Marvel. Since I've heard they want to have the Invaders (although it won't be the same as the comic Invaders) in the Cap movie, there's a chance he may show up.

Namor is probably my favourite superhero.
Anyone remembers the animated TV Show.

I used to watch all of those animated shows by Marvel -Captain America, Thor.
I tried watching couple of episodes on youtube few months ago.. they are still entertaining inspite of the dated animation, not to forget the usage of Synchro-Vox.

Namor is probably my favourite superhero.
Anyone remembers the animated TV Show.

I used to watch all of those animated shows by Marvel -Captain America, Thor.
I tried watching couple of episodes on youtube few months ago.. they are still entertaining inspite of the dated animation, not to forget the usage of Synchro-Vox.

my saturday morning fave was always:

When they get around to adapting to a live-action version (Dean Cain maybe?), they would do well to update the unitard

I ain't gettin' in no fryer!
The thing about Chris Evans was that the Fantastic Four movies were canned & they are planning a remake. & I think Evans can pull off a Steve Rogers, Unlike Reynolds he can play different characters.
Fans were not kind to the FF movies. I liked both of them a lot. Fox wants to recast and reboot, just like Sony is doing with Spider-Man. They want Thing to be all CGI. I thought Michael Chiklis did a great job.
Fantastic Four and Rise of the Silver Surfer were geared more towards families, than was any other franchise. Which is why the latter received a PG rating. I didn't have a problem with either of them, however, they were pretty boring when compared to the other properties.

The rebooting of these franchises so soon is not a good call by either Sony or Fox. Understandably, they see a cash cow, and they intend to milk it for all it's worth. The problem with this is that, with it happening so soon after the last film, you run into problems with the general public.

Take Spider-Man, for example. By Sony starting over from sratch, they are in a sense, running the risk of ruining the franchise. Sure, people will say that Raimi did a lot of that when Spider-Man 3 was released, but I'm referring to the general public that doesn't follow movie news. They'll see a new person playing Spider-Man, and a story that doesn't have any connection to the previous films, and they'll wonder what happened.

That's where the problem with Reynolds being cast in all these different movies as, essentially, the same character. I would hope that people will not tie any of the films together, but the man is basically type-casting himself.
"I was walking down the street with my friend and he said, "I hear music", as if there is any other way you can take it in. You're not special, that's how I receive it too. I tried to taste it but it did not work." - Mitch Hedberg

Fantastic Four and Rise of the Silver Surfer were geared more towards families, than was any other franchise. Which is why the latter received a PG rating. I didn't have a problem with either of them, however, they were pretty boring when compared to the other properties.

The rebooting of these franchises so soon is not a good call by either Sony or Fox. Understandably, they see a cash cow, and they intend to milk it for all it's worth. The problem with this is that, with it happening so soon after the last film, you run into problems with the general public.

Take Spider-Man, for example. By Sony starting over from sratch, they are in a sense, running the risk of ruining the franchise. Sure, people will say that Raimi did a lot of that when Spider-Man 3 was released, but I'm referring to the general public that doesn't follow movie news. They'll see a new person playing Spider-Man, and a story that doesn't have any connection to the previous films, and they'll wonder what happened.

That's where the problem with Reynolds being cast in all these different movies as, essentially, the same character. I would hope that people will not tie any of the films together, but the man is basically type-casting himself.

2 things.

One, I wish folks would realize that not all comic properties are meant for dark R- rated fare. Certainly not the FF thats for sure.

The other is consider the source material. Stan Lee had a formula that worked. Several of the titles are darn near carbon copies of each other, with slight tweaks. Ryan Reynolds plays em this way because thats what the character is, and as it happens, its his specialty.

and yeah sure he may be typecasting himself, but Stifler wasn't available.

I enjoyed the first FF movie a lot.
That second one was too far fetched for most regular viewers. They should have gone for a regular villain with the Surfer making a special appearance dropping hints to the coming of Galactus in the third movie.

What I don't get is why is Marvel trying to make everything Sensational.
They keep rebooting Hulk. Both the Hulk movies were received decently.
Even the Spiderman reboot is too soon.

Aside from fanboy disappointment in Hulk, I think The Incredible Hulk reboot was primarily because Marvel got the rights back from Universal. The next Punisher movie will be another reboot as well because Marvel has now re-aquired those rights. I think Sony is rebooting Spider-Man largely due to the creative differences that caused Sam Raimi and Tobey MacGuire to drop out of the franchise. FF and Daredevil reboots are likely because #1) critics and fanboys were not kind to the films, and #2) Fox wants to keep the rights from reverting back to Marvel. Those are all my opinions/observations, not confirmed reports mind you.

What I don't get is why is Marvel trying to make everything Sensational. They keep rebooting Hulk. Both the Hulk movies were received decently. Even the Spiderman reboot is too soon.
Hulk, was terrible. Radioactive dogs, are just laughable. The Incredible Hulk, was more down the right path. Sadly, audiences didn't really accept it because it was too soon after the first attempt.

I thought Edward Norton, as the Hulk, was an excellent casting choice.

I don't know that Marvel is trying to make everything sensational, but they had some properties get handled poorly, before they became heavily invested in each film. Daredevil, Ghost Rider and Hulk, to name a few.

They're simply trying to set a standard for filmmakers to follow. Sadly, with Fox owning the rights to a few of Marvel's properties, they can't control them as much as they would like.

Ed Norton wasnt the Hulk. he played Banner.

The dogs were dumb in the 1st one, and ang lee tried a lil too hard to be artsy fartsy ( it remains to be seen if Branaugh can pull it off with Thor) but what they did do right imo for the general audience was incorporate Bana's facial components when he was the Hulk.

As mentioned b4 somewhere here in mofo land, Daredevil and to a lesser extent Ghost rider would do just fine as a cable TV series. The punisher could even drop by. Also when a movie is set to come out with another Marvel property it could be referenced.

lots of possible story-lines.

Semper Fooey
Never saw Rocket Robin Hood for some reason, but I remember Roger Ramjet.

Ed Norton wasnt the Hulk. he played Banner.

The dogs were dumb in the 1st one, and ang lee tried a lil too hard to be artsy fartsy ( it remains to be seen if Branaugh can pull it off with Thor) but what they did do right imo for the general audience was incorporate Bana's facial components when he was the Hulk.

As mentioned b4 somewhere here in mofo land, Daredevil and to a lesser extent Ghost rider would do just fine as a cable TV series. The punisher could even drop by. Also when a movie is set to come out with another Marvel property it could be referenced.

lots of possible story-lines.
You know what I meant, in regards to Norton.

I do believe that Daredevil, Ghost Rider and Punisher could probably thrive on cable, but I'm also reminded of Blade, he didn't thrive on cable, at all.

You know what I meant, in regards to Norton.

I do believe that Daredevil, Ghost Rider and Punisher could probably thrive on cable, but I'm also reminded of Blade, he didn't thrive on cable, at all.

i dont consider SpikeTV cable.

Showtime or HBO is what i was thinking of.

Incredible Hulk was superior to the Ghost Rider IMO.
I think that is the opinion of anyone with a pulse. Ghost Rider was terrible.

One day, they'll stop adapting every comic for film. Some of them just don't make the transition well. Ghost Rider, would be one of those characters.

Incredible Hulk was superior to the Ghost Rider IMO.
^^

that isnt sayen much.

what were the respective budgets for the films?

Ghost Rider is a much lesser known title. all kinds of exposition required. The incredible Hulk..not so much.