Green Lantern

Tools    

Movie Forums Stage-Hand
Ryan Reynolds will surely portray the role really well... he is one of the best actors to watch out for and he already gave some good action scenes when he was in Wolverine movie..

Tim Robbins joins Green Lantern

Last month we heard that Peter Sarsgaard was in talks to joins the cast of Green Lantern as villain Dr. Hector Hammond, the pathologist son of a senator who is seen as a disappointment in his father’s eyes. Well now according to Heat Vision Oscar winning actor Tim Robbins (The Shawshank Redemption) will be playing the disappointed senator.

Green Lantern is due to start filming in March, so we can expect a few more casting announcements over the upcoming weeks. They’ve already found their leads (Ryan Reynolds and Blake Lively), so it’s just a matter of gathering the smaller roles now.

Source: Filmonic

Green Lantern movie logo revealed

Comic Book Movie got their hands on what appears to be the first bit of promotional art for the Green Lantern movie, which reveals what the Green Lantern logo may look like along with the ring design.

This is artwork that Warner Bros. Consumer Products had exclusively reproduced by DC Comics. It’s inspired by Green Lantern #10, Volume 4. Warner Bros. Consumer Products is working in conjunction with Mattel to create Green Lantern movie-based merchandise; some of which will be displayed at next week’s Licensing International Expo.
Green Lantern, directed by Martin Campbell, stars Ryan Reynolds, Blake Lively, Peter Sarsgaard, Tim Robbins, Mark Strong and Angela Bassett. Warner Bros. will be releasing the movie in 3D and 2D on June 17th 2011.

Source: Filmonic

Even though I'm getting a little burnt out on superhero movies, I'm looking forward to this.

...uh the post is up there...

Semper Fooey
I think this Green Lantern movie is going to blow if Hector Hammond is the villain. It sounds like they are not going to use the other Green Lanterns. Sinestro is GL's most memorable villain. Hammond is not even second or third. Although he was created first, he is too similar to Hulk's better known foe, the Leader.

Received my copy of EW today , but have yet to read up on the Green Lantern. I do however like Ryan Reynolds, but I don't really like superhero movies that much. I am rather torn on seeing this is the theater or wait for rental.

i smell a turd. the only DC Comics character i want as a movie is LOBO!

I really think I will enjoy this, but not to the point of going to the theater to see it. It looks like it will be a RedBox or Netflix pick up for me.

Im pretty sure Mark Strong is going to be playing Sinestro. In my opinion I think he will play Sinestro well. They already kinda look alike.

I am looking forward to Green Lantern. It's about time a main-line DC character other than Superman and Batman got a shot at a movie. Hopefully it does well enough that some other characters get a chance at the big screen. The Flash, Wonder Woman, Hawkman, Captain Marvel, Plasticman, Blue Beetle and dozens of others deserve a shot.