Marijuana: Do you do it?

Tools    

Heh, just read this thread makes me laugh.

When people ask me the question, "Are you high?" my reaction is my face making a big smile and some giggles with the reply "no". It's real easy to spot me but if i'm in the zone and i don't want people to know i think serious thoughts. I got away going to work high sometimes, it just gets me more mellow and relaxed about dealing with people.

If you love marijuana [like me] then you'll love "Weeds". I've smoked a blunt to every episode! Nancy Botwin is soo beautiful!

No.

My Movie Review Thread | My Top 100

Celluloid Temptation Facilitator
Weeds is a very well written, fun show. Yes, Mary-Louise Parker is beautiful and adorable, particularly when sipping on a straw or doing a "brick dance."

Employee of the Month
Yep, but it`s not so common in Germany, as it is in the USA (you`ve got a rate about 43%, right? That`s great.). Unfortunately I can`t do it too often, cause I do donating blood on a regular base.

Every. Single. Day.

HECK YES I DO!!!
I don't know.
Is it Captain Howdy?

I do donating blood on a regular base.
I salute you! Needles + Me = Girlie screams and sprinting.

I use to burn everyday for the last past 2 years but I quit smoking & drinking for awhile, been burning too much cash on it. Oh how i miss thee.

Weeds need more SUPPORT! Legalize it!!!

never tried, never plan to.

Employee of the Month
I salute you! Needles + Me = Girlie screams and sprinting.

Weeds need more SUPPORT! Legalize it!!!
To be honest, when they put the needle in me, I have to look the other way. I don`t have to see how it happened!

Support your local weed dealer!

Personally, I've never tried it. Never had the urge to.
But my Boyfriend's sister. wow, she smoked herself RETARDED.
Tonight my bf's sister and his mom are flying in from Boston (they went on a little vacation to see the other sister, Cinthia). Cinthia called around 9am and told me that Miraida (pothead) was acting crazy. the thing that poped in my mind was that she was having Withdraws. Pfft, and people say you can't get addicted. UGH she's a retard now.

I would be very disapointed if i found out one of my kids were smoking pot.
I've seen WAY TOO MANY *all of them, i think* A&E Intervention shows to let my kids become that low.

I've seen WAY TOO MANY *all of them, i think* A&E Intervention shows to let my kids become that low.
Good to see you're educated on the subject.

I smoked pot and hash in the Army in Germany back in '63-'64. I roomed with a couple of guys who sold pot, and they gave me some to incriminate me and eliminate the risk I'd turn them in. I took it because I didn't give a flying fig about much back then and wanted to see what it was like. The two guys rotated back stateside before I did, and when they left I quit doing pot. Easier than quitting tobacco, and I never went back to it. But at the time, we had pot in our room, in our lockers, in our clothes, where the Army could have a shakedown inspection and bust us anytime. Took major foolish risks but were never busted. Still, I learned two major lessons about drugs--1) there's a very real risk that doing drugs will put your butt in jail. 2) doing drugs puts you in close contact with criminals whose only concern is making money from the sale of drugs--they'll use any additives they can find to stretch the drug supply and make more money at your expense. And if they get caught, they'll sell their own granny down the drain for a lesser sentence. Saw that many, many, many times covering the cop shop and courts as a reporter.

Never saw a single benefit to doing drugs. Spent too much time lying around in near stupors, laughing at things that seemed funny but weren't.

Third thing I learned about drugs--people selling you pot will encourage you to buy more expensive, more addictive drugs. Drinking can turn into substance abuse too, but I've never gone into a liquor store for a 6-pack of beer and had someone try to sell me hard liquor instead. Also ran virtually no illegal risk for drinking as long as I didn't have an open container in my car and wasn't DUI.

Fourth thing I learned--wouldn't want my kids or grandkids doing drugs. Not even pot. People prone to find a crutch to lean on in life eventually forget how to walk by themselves. And I've got a cousin whose kid suffered brain-damage from sniffing glue. I wouldn't wish that on a dog.

You ready? You look ready.
In light of recent political events, let's have a renewed discussion.

Discuss...THIS.

I say it's about freaking time, and this is a huge step. Hooray for the respect of state rights!
"This is that human freedom, which all boast that they possess, and which consists solely in the fact, that men are conscious of their own desire, but are ignorant of the causes whereby that desire has been determined." -Baruch Spinoza

I've never tried, but was offered a couple times, but I think that anyone who says that a cancer patient should endure the suffering, just to make a point that "drugs are bad" should decline anesthetic at the dentists office. After all we can't seek "unnatural" means to alleviate pain! I'm just saying, BE CONSISTENT! The government should have no right to allocate people's suffering or the substances they wish to consume.

...uh the post is up there...

Happy New Year from Philly!
I don't smoke weed but I do enjoy the tv show. It is hilarious! Usually, I can't stand Mary-Louise Parker but she tones down her tics and cutesiness in this show.

Actually I guess I do have some sort of stupid curiosity about acid. both my mother and sydney have told me that they had epiphanies on acid (but that they wouldn't do it again and i shouldn't). I guess the fact that I'm close to both of them and want to believe in them causes me to question my fairly strong disbelief in spiritual awakenings. I dunno, I guess I still don't really buy it and still think the risks outweigh the possible benefits, but I just realized when I re-read the previous paragraphs that I had written that I wasn't totally ruling it out.
You can't physically overdose from LSD, you can do too much, go crazy and maybe off yourself, but you can't OD.

I've done it, about ten times. Intense is a word to describe it, and yes even a little enlightening. In the end it's really hard to describe and those who say that it's evil or wrong have either never tried it, tried once and had a bad trip (this happens but to be honest it all depends on the individuals mindset, if you fear you will fall), or took it too many times - don't understand the word "moderation". Read The Doors of Perception/Heaven and Hell by Aldous Huxley (it's short so no worries), he can probably give a better explanation than me. One thing I know for sure, I've never hallucinated the way most people figure you do from LSD, it's more of an intense emphasis on light, shades, shapes and colours. A blend and a separation of sorts, all and nothing at once.

Personally I would never do it again, too much built up in my mind over the years and I don't feel like bringing down the barriers and having it all before me with no way to turn it off. Although I do wonder if that's what I need, I never did try peyote, maybe one day.
"Don't be so gloomy. After all it's not that awful. Like the fella says, in Italy for 30 years under the Borgias they had warfare, terror, murder, and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci, and the Renaissance. In Switzerland they had brotherly love - they had 500 years of democracy and peace, and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock."

You ready? You look ready.
I smoked weed for my first time last week over fall break, and it'll probably be the only time. I'm not going to seek it out like I did this past week and I'll probably turn it down if offered. Once was enough to form plenty of opinions from it, though.

As for the experience, it was the most awe-inspiring moment I've ever had...EVER. I was seriously, seriously high and it was not a steady progression to that point. I was slammed with the effects. And naturally what do I do? I put The Fountain in the DVD player. I've never personally experienced anything that I could consider a spiritual experience, but I honestly have to say that watching The Fountain baked was the most profound spiritual event I've personally witnessed.

I don't want to smoke again not because I think it's dangerous, but because I'm afraid I'll never be able to experience that same feeling again. And quite personally, I don't wanna ruin one of my life's greatest experiences.

In short, it's a LOT safer than alcohol.