Iron Man

Tools    

Soo freakin' excited! Cannot wait til Friday. Must see movie asap. I've been watching trailers nonstop - it's gotten desperate. I did, however, find a link to a cool little Iron Man themed contest where you can "Be Tony Stark" for the weekend. It's a pretty sweet little package and has got some other cool stuff on the site: http://www.ironman.mtv.com/
FRRRRRIIIIIDDDDDDDDDAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYY....

Iron Man is at 95% fresh over at Rotten Tomatoes. I knew critics would like it but I never expected that high of a number. Some critics usually have an agenda and find something not to like. I guess Marvel Studios being so young, they haven't made enough enemies yet. Honest reviews = Great word of mouth.

I wasn't planning on seeing it, but I guess I could trust the opinions of people from this forum...right?

I wasn't planning on seeing it, but I guess I could trust the opinions of people from this forum...right?
Right. :]

BTW, I was gonna catch it tonight as planned but I had a few things I needed to do around the house. I still got my tickets for tomorrow night.

I enjoy Robert Downey Jr. a lot i think is personality is great and from the trailers i have seen i think he is going to nail the part.
I don't know.
Is it Captain Howdy?

Will your system be alright, when you dream of home tonight?
Iron Man.... 2?

Entertainment Tonight attended the Iron Man premiere and got a chance to speak to Viacom and CBS Executive Chairman Sumner Redstone and Paramount Pictures CEO Brad Grey who said that if the movie does as well as expected, the studio will be looking to release the sequel in 2010.

What's interesting is that The Chronicles of Narnia: The Voyage of the Dawn Treader has already "claimed" the first weekend of the summer that year (May 7, 2010), but if you look at the calendar, Iron Man 2 could easily open on April 30, which is a Friday, essentially giving it almost a similar release date as the first film.

Oh! And while press screenings did not have a certain scene after the credits, when Iron Man is released in theaters tonight, it IS expected to have it... so, be sure to stay after the credits!

Is it wrong I am excited for the hopeful sequel?

Source

Now . . . . .should I stay till after the credits or just youtube the last extra (which I'm guessing will be more Avengers/Hulk hinting)

"At the end of the credits
WARNING: "Iron Man" spoilers below
Tony Stark (Robert Downey Jr) comes home and finds Nick Fury (Samuel L. Jackson) in his living room -staring towards the window. He then turns to tell Stark he's the not the only superhero in the world. Stark asks who he is, and Fury turns and says he's "Nick Fury of S.H.I.E.L.D, and I'm here to talk to you about The Avengers Initiative".

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
I guess it's OK to post that as a spoiler, but I'd probably just say, "Be sure to stay through the entire credits because like wow, man!" Of course, I'm old, but I've found lots of "Easter Eggs" at the end of many theatrical movies.

That's okay. Nobody's perfect!
As I was on the way in to work tonight (9:30 p.m. Seattle time) there were a dozen people lined up at the Seattle Cinerama for a midnight showing. Personally I'll be waiting for The Dark Knight at IMAX.

Iron Man.... 2?

[/font]

Is it wrong I am excited for the hopeful sequel?

Source
Yeah i just read that all the actors signed on to do an Iron Man trilogy, and that's not including the possible Avengers movie.

As for the actual movie, Iron Man was ****ing awesome! The best Marvel movie yet!

Colour out of Time
Just saw it last night ... was very entertaining.

I was particularly taken with a close up scene of Gwyneth in a black just above the knee dress ... can't actually tell you what was happening as I was mesmerised by her bare legs ... the others I saw it with were equally distracted

I saw this last night and it was awesome, its worth the price of admission thats for sure.

You know, I was very surprised with this movie...it was better than I expected it to be! It's worth the 10.50 admission.

This movie met my expectations & then some.

Jrs, didnt you tell me that Hilary Swank made a cameo in Iron Man?

Lets put a smile on that block
I finally saw Iron Man last night and found it entirely unremarkable. The trailers gave away the whole story, there was nothing suprising at all about it. So i enjoyed it, but wasn't impressed really. I gave it a resounding MEH.