No Country For Old Men on DVD and Blu-Ray March 11th

Tools    

Heh, meatwad your a funny guy.

1 disc? hopefully, this film will be made into a better DVD edition.

Heh, meatwad your a funny guy.

1 disc? hopefully, this film will be made into a better DVD edition.
Most likely not. The Coen's never have a lot of special features.

Most likely not. The Coen's never have a lot of special features.
Ya i see all their dvds are single disc. Then again, they might produce a better verison since it won best picture of the year or they might not. I'll be considering picking this dvd edition.

Ya i see all their dvds are single disc. Then again, they might produce a better verison since it won best picture of the year or they might not. I'll be considering picking this dvd edition.
The Coens have had a movie win best picture before if im not mistaken, and no special edition. They just dont do special editions, which i dont mind. With them it's all about the movie, not the special features.

Originally Posted by Cygnus X-2112
The Coens have had a movie win best picture before if im not mistaken, and no special edition.
You are mistaken. The only other film of theirs that was even nominated for Best Picture was Fargo, and that lost to The English Patient. Frances McDormand won Best Actress, Joel & Ethan did win Best Original Screenplay and besides Best Picture it also had noms for Best Director, Best Supporting Actor (William H. Macy), Best Editing and Best Cinematography (Roger Deakins) though it didn't win any of those. Apart from Fargo and No Country for Old Men the only Oscar nominations their movies have produced are Best Supporting Actor (Michael Lerner), Art Direction and Costume Design for Barton Fink, Cinematography for The Man Who Wasn't There and both Cinematography and Screenplay for O Brother, Where Art Thou?.

Until No Country for Old Men they had thirteen Oscar nominations and two wins yielded from their work. This year they added eight more nominations and four more wins, including those two biggies in Picture and Director(s).

But you are correct that, up until this point anyway, they have not been overly involved in special editions of their films on DVD. Certainly no audio commentary tracks and the like.
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

up until this point anyway, they have not been overly involved in special editions of their films on DVD. Certainly no audio commentary tracks and the like.
Hopefully that will change if not i enjoy just watching their films.

You are mistaken. The only other film of theirs that was even nominated for Best Picture was Fargo, and that lost to The English Patient. Frances McDormand won Best Actress, Joel & Ethan did win Best Original Screenplay and besides Best Picture it also had noms for Best Director, Best Supporting Actor (William H. Macy), Best Editing and Best Cinematography (Roger Deakins) though it didn't win any of those. Apart from Fargo and No Country for Old Men the only Oscar nominations their movies have produced are Best Supporting Actor (Michael Lerner), Art Direction and Costume Design for Barton Fink, Cinematography for The Man Who Wasn't There and both Cinematography and Screenplay for O Brother, Where Art Thou?.

Until No Country for Old Men they had thirteen Oscar nominations and two wins yielded from their work. This year they added eight more nominations and four more wins, including those two biggies in Picture and Director(s).

But you are correct that, up until this point anyway, they have not been overly involved in special editions of their films on DVD. Certainly no audio commentary tracks and the like.
Ah. My mistake. Either way i dont think they'll re-release it with more features. The special features that come already with the DVD seem interesting enough, and i think that this is one of those films where you dont need special features, the film does the talking.

For anybody waiting to see this one for the first time on DVD, I encourage you to see it in the cinema. I know the power and beauty, especially of those opening scenes in the desert, just plain ain't gonna be as impressive on TV. I don't care how big and amazing your set is.
I am glad i saw it at the Cinema I have seen it also on DVD and loved it but seeing at the movies the best

i love this fraekin movie. the best part about it was that it did not have a soundtrack. It made it so much more realistic.