DVD Survey

Tools    

Originally Posted by bjeggert82
1. The DVD you play the loudest...

2. Name a title you believe most deserves a Special Edition...

3. A DVD you bought blind (having never seen the film), watched it, and immediately wished you hadn't purchased...

4. A DVD you bought blind, watched it, and immediately loved...

5. The Best Black and White film you have (say pre-1940), whose restoration and transfer is most impressive due to the film's age...

6. The DVD you rarely ever watch, and just own because you feel it deserves to be in your collection, and though you really like it, you just can't watch it over and over again...

7. The DVD you own with worst cover art/packaging (feel free to add an image)...

8. Do you actually watch all of the special features on your DVDs?

9. If you had to choose, pick the DVD that you would rather have, if you could only have one of the following....... Brazil: Criterion Collection, Casablanca: S.E., The Thing: C.E., Minority Report, Pulp Fiction: C.E., Caddyshack, Sunset Blvd., Seven Samurai: Criterion, or Clerks: 10th Anniversary Ed..

10. The most expensive DVD gift you've ever received...

Heres mine
1. The DVD you play the loudest... - Bourne Identity

2. Name a title you believe most deserves a Special Edition... - Most of the Movies i have are SE

3. A DVD you bought blind (having never seen the film), watched it, and immediately wished you hadn't purchased... - My Boss's Daughter

4. A DVD you bought blind, watched it, and immediately loved... Fight Club

5. The Best Black and White film you have (say pre-1940), whose restoration and transfer is most impressive due to the film's age... - Casablanca

6. The DVD you rarely ever watch, and just own because you feel it deserves to be in your collection, and though you really like it, you just can't watch it over and over again... - Jackie Brown

7. The DVD you own with worst cover art/packaging (feel free to add an image)... - i love all my cover arts

8. Do you actually watch all of the special features on your DVDs? - Sometimes

9. If you had to choose, pick the DVD that you would rather have, if you could only have one of the following....... Brazil: Criterion Collection, Casablanca: S.E., The Thing: C.E., Minority Report, Pulp Fiction: C.E., Caddyshack, Sunset Blvd., Seven Samurai: Criterion, or Clerks: 10th Anniversary Ed.. - Casablanca

10. The most expensive DVD gift you've ever received.. - Martin Scorsese Collection

1. The DVD you play the loudest... i dont really know

im not sure of the question
3. A DVD you bought blind (having never seen the film), watched it, and immediately wished you hadn't purchased...
Friday After next
The Texas Chainsaw Massacre(1974)
5. The Best Black and White film you have (say pre-1940), whose restoration and transfer is most impressive due to the film's age...
i dont really have one like that
6. The DVD you rarely ever watch, and just own because you feel it deserves to be in your collection, and though you really like it, you just can't watch it over and over again...
the Exorcist And Jackie Brown
7. The DVD you own with worst cover art/packaging (feel free to add an image)... National Lampoon's Animal House

Almost always
9. If you had to choose, pick the DVD that you would rather have, if you could only have one of the following....... Brazil: Criterion Collection, Casablanca: S.E., The Thing: C.E., Minority Report, Pulp Fiction: C.E., Caddyshack, Sunset Blvd., Seven Samurai: Criterion, or Clerks: 10th Anniversary Ed..
Pulp Fiction if i didnt have it already
i never really recieve expensive dvd gifts

1. The DVD you play the loudest... Spinal Tap... obviously.

2. Name a title you believe most deserves a Special Edition... Now that The Good, The Bad And The Ugly has an amazing Collector's Edition, I'd say the rest of Sergio Leone's "Man With No Name" saga deserves the same treatment.

3. A DVD you bought blind (having never seen the film), watched it, and immediately wished you hadn't purchased... None that I can think of.

4. A DVD you bought blind, watched it, and immediately loved... The Hidden Fortress, The Wild Bunch, The Treasure of Sierra Madre, A Boy And His Dog, etc. (several on recommendation from Holden)

5. The Best Black and White film you have (say pre-1940), whose restoration and transfer is most impressive due to the film's age... Metropolis (Restored Authorized Edition).... it's highly superior to any other release of the film that I've seen.

6. The DVD you rarely ever watch, and just own because you feel it deserves to be in your collection, and though you really like it, you just can't watch it over and over again... Clerks

7. The DVD you own with worst cover art/packaging (feel free to add an image)... Any Kevin Smith movie... (Mallrats excluded)

8. Do you actually watch all of the special features on your DVDs? Sometimes

9. If you had to choose, pick the DVD that you would rather have, if you could only have one of the following....... Brazil: Criterion Collection, Casablanca: S.E., The Thing: C.E., Minority Report, Pulp Fiction: C.E., Caddyshack, Sunset Blvd., Seven Samurai: Criterion, or Clerks: 10th Anniversary Ed.. Casablanca

10. The most expensive DVD gift you've ever received... The Complete Monty Python's Flying Circus Megaset (14 discs)

1. The DVD you play the loudest.

The Last Waltz (Scorsese)

2. Name a title you believe most deserves a Special Edition.

Chimes at Midnight (Welles)

3. A DVD you bought blind (having never seen the film), watched it, and immediately wished you hadn't purchased.

Hasn't happened.

4. A DVD you bought blind, watched it, and immediately loved.

"Spaced" series one and two (R2).

5. The Best Black and White film you have (say pre-1940), whose restoration and transfer is most impressive due to the film's age.

Just about anything other than cheap-o public domain issues from the likes of Madcay looks pretty good to me. OK, The Thin Man if I had to pick one.

6. The DVD you rarely ever watch, and just own because you feel it deserves to be in your collection, and though you really like it, you just can't watch it over and over again.

I have about 2,000 DVDs. I have that collecting virus. I have plenty such discs, and even if I wanted to watch them all all the time, the sheer number makes it a prohibitve prospect.

7. The DVD you own with worst cover art/packaging (feel free to add an image).

Just about any that use floating heads as cover art rather than the original posters. MGM is a terrible offender in this area. Pick one.

Of course.

9. If you had to choose, pick the DVD that you would rather have, if you could only have one of the following....... Brazil: Criterion Collection, Casablanca: S.E., The Thing: C.E., Minority Report, Pulp Fiction: C.E., Caddyshack, Sunset Blvd., Seven Samurai: Criterion, or Clerks: 10th Anniversary Ed.

Brazil CRITERION COLLECTION

10. The most expensive DVD gift you've ever received.

They're about the only gifts I get these days. That or gift certificates to buy them me own self. A typical Christmas these past few years nets me anywhere from a dozen to thirty, and/or gift certificates. But can you put a price on love?
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

Standing in the Sunlight, Laughing
1. The DVD you play the loudest... I usually play each of them at the same volume.

2. Name a title you believe most deserves a Special Edition... Lost In Translation

3. A DVD you bought blind (having never seen the film), watched it, and immediately wished you hadn't purchased... None. I've only blind-bought once, and it was on great advice.

4. A DVD you bought blind, watched it, and immediately loved... Withnail and I

5. The Best Black and White film you have (say pre-1940), whose restoration and transfer is most impressive due to the film's age... Le Passion de Jeanne d'Arc

6. The DVD you rarely ever watch, and just own because you feel it deserves to be in your collection, and though you really like it, you just can't watch it over and over again... None.

7. The DVD you own with worst cover art/packaging (feel free to add an image)... I guess the Harold and Maude cover is a bit dated

8. Do you actually watch all of the special features on your DVDs? Sometimes

9. If you had to choose, pick the DVD that you would rather have, if you could only have one of the following....... Brazil: Criterion Collection, Casablanca: S.E., The Thing: C.E., Minority Report, Pulp Fiction: C.E., Caddyshack, Sunset Blvd., Seven Samurai: Criterion, or Clerks: 10th Anniversary Ed.. Pulp Fiction, CE

10. The most expensive DVD gift you've ever received... Amadeusis the only dvd gift I've recieved

A novel adaptation.
Originally Posted by Holden Pike
But can you put a price on love?
Yes.
Generally it's 25-30 dollars at a franchise entertainment store.

Unless you're talking about "streetcorner" type of love.
I don't think they take gift certificates.

And I've asked.

Wanna Date? Got Any Money?
So have I..... hell on slow nights, they'll take a breathmint and a stick of gum.

1. The DVD you play the loudest... The song remains the same

2. Name a title you believe most deserves a Special Edition...Yumi(dreams)(I haven't seen one) or Full Metal Jacket

3. A DVD you bought blind (having never seen the film), watched it, and immediately wished you hadn't purchased... XXX

4. A DVD you bought blind, watched it, and immediately loved...School of Rock

5. The Best Black and White film you have (say pre-1940), whose restoration and transfer is most impressive due to the film's age...Nosferatu

6. The DVD you rarely ever watch, and just own because you feel it deserves to be in your collection, and though you really like it, you just can't watch it over and over again...Nosferatu

7. The DVD you own with worst cover art/packaging (feel free to add an image)... The Blues Brothers

8. Do you actually watch all of the special features on your DVDs?Yes

9. If you had to choose, pick the DVD that you would rather have, if you could only have one of the following....... The Clerks one

The Stanley Kubrick box set(Even thought it's nowhere NEAR the full cinematography)

Evil Dead 2

The Untouchables

If i dont like it, i take it back

True Romance/ Drunken Master/ Evil Dead....list goes on

Only have Night of the Living Dead in B&W

Resrvoir Dogs/ Das Boot

7. The DVD you own with worst cover art/packaging (feel free to add an image)...

If i decided to watch any, i'll watch them all. Sadly in my whole collection i've rarely put most the 2nd disc even in the player

The Thing (whats a Criterion?)

havnt

Originally Posted by Pyro Tramp
(whats a Criterion?)
Criterion Collection

I'm pretty sure it's a North American thing.

Originally Posted by Pyro Tramp
My Halloween 2 DVD has a different cover.

mine kinda reminds me of the scarface cover

Originally Posted by Garrett
I'm pretty sure it's a North American thing.
Not necessarily a North American thing, but definitely a Region 1 one...

Originally Posted by The Silver Bullet
Not necessarily a North American thing, but definitely a Region 1 one...
I got the information from their site... and Region 1 generally is North American, I think.

Originally Posted by MichaelMyers
My Halloween 2 DVD has a different cover.
Yours is Region 1 and his is Region 2. Do you have all of the Halloween DVD's?

Resident Metro-Sexual

All the same

Dark City or Blade Runner

Avalon not really dadnt wished i didnt purchased, i need to give it a nother spin though.

Ichi the Killer plenty of others as well.

none

Brotherhood of the Wolf

Dog Soldiers just casue of the caption "Jaws, Aliens and Predator with a Werewolf Twist"

80% rough figure.

Brazil: Criterion Collection cant live without it.

no one buys me dvd's same old excuse " there not personal enough" i just dont understand it.

Do you have all of the Halloween DVD's?
No i only have halloween 1 and 2. i dont really like the series as a whole most of the sequels are really dumb. i just really like the original and i got the second one because the series was supposed to end there so i just think of it like that.

School of Rock

2001: A Space Odysey

Four Rooms or Repo Man

Raging Bull

I don't own any pre-1940s DVDs

Once Upon A Time in the West

Blow Out

Yes

Pulp Fiction

No one buys me DVDs, unless they cost around £5.00. Does a DVD player count?

A novel adaptation.
I got the information from their site... and Region 1 generally is North American, I think.

Technically, Silver's right. North America, by definition, extends up from the Columbia/Panama Canal Border, an area that includes Mexico, which is Region 4 (like Australia) and lacking in sweet, sweet, Criterion loving.

1. The DVD you play the loudest... I play all of them lat the same volume which is pretty loud

2. Name a title you believe most deserves a Special Edition... Gattaca

3. A DVD you bought blind (having never seen the film), watched it, and immediately wished you hadn't purchased... Never brought a crap DVD

4. A DVD you bought blind, watched it, and immediately loved... Gattaca

5. The Best Black and White film you have (say pre-1940), whose restoration and transfer is most impressive due to the film's age... None

6. The DVD you rarely ever watch, and just own because you feel it deserves to be in your collection, and though you really like it, you just can't watch it over and over again... All of the movies i own i watch over and over again.

7. The DVD you own with worst cover art/packaging (feel free to add an image)... Meet the Parents

8. Do you actually watch all of the special features on your DVDs?Always

9. If you had to choose, pick the DVD that you would rather have, if you could only have one of the following....... Brazil: Criterion Collection, Casablanca: S.E., The Thing: C.E., Minority Report, Pulp Fiction: C.E., Caddyshack, Sunset Blvd., Seven Samurai: Criterion, or Clerks: 10th Anniversary Ed.. Minority Report

10. The most expensive DVD gift you've ever received... Never recive any DVD gifts, i rather purchase them myslelf

I saw a DVD (region 2) with this cover, it looks so much better. damn

and which Dog Soldiers cover to you have Heartagram

or

I saw a 3D version of the last and i want to impressed but the other isnt great, i tihnk they're both OK

>>> All are played at same level, unless it is music videos.

>>> Gummo

>>> I still haven't watched all of Gangs of New York (but was given to us as a gift). It is collecting dust right now.

>>> I only buy them if I know I like them.

>>>The Kid (1921)

>>> A Clockwork Orange (I can't watch it all the way through)

>>>Stephen King's IT

>>> not always

>>> Pulp Fiction

>>> The only DVD gift I recieved is Gangs of New York