TV TRIVIA

Tools    

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
What was the name and breed of Buddy Sorrell's dog in the Dick Van Dyke show?

Buddy's dog was a German Shepherd named Larry. (But Richie thought it was a wolf.)

What was Buddy's wife's name?

Until he crept into the bed where Ritchie was sleeping. When Richie awoke & saw him asleep, he knew Larry was a gentle dog.. We both love that show @gbgoodies.

Pickles.

Speaking of sleep, what did Rob 's brother do when he was asleep.

Until he crept into the bed where Ritchie was sleeping. When Richie awoke & saw him asleep, he knew Larry was a gentle dog.. We both love that show @gbgoodies.

Pickles.

Speaking of sleep, what did Rob 's brother do when he was asleep.

Correct.

Rob's brother was "the world's greatest sleepwalker". (Yes, I love this show. )

What was Rob's brother's name?

Yes, @gbgoodies, and he also became an extroverted joke cracking banjo player while sleepwalking.

Stacey.
Aka Jerry Van Dyke

What was Richie's middle name?

Yes, @gbgoodies, and he also became an extroverted joke cracking banjo player while sleepwalking.

Stacey.
Aka Jerry Van Dyke

What was Richie's middle name?
Correct.

Robert
Oscar
Sam
Edward
Benjamin
Ulysses
David

What middle name did Richie want to give his future son?

Wow @gbgoodies I remembered the Rosebud name ,but kudos to you for getting all the names it stood for. Lol I can still hear Rob's grandpa spelling out E-D-W-A-R-D in the midst of the verbal fracas. Hilarious.

Ah, had to look this up, but did so, in the interest of keeping the game going:
R.A.T.

What did walnuts in the Petrie house have to do with outer space?

(And for bonus points, 1-can you name the planet?
2- and the name of the actor who made a guest appearance in this ep?).

Wow @gbgoodies I remembered the Rosebud name ,but kudos to you for getting all the names it stood for. Lol I can still hear Rob's grandpa spelling out E-D-W-A-R-D in the midst of the verbal fracas. Hilarious.

Ah, had to look this up, but did so, in the interest of keeping the game going:
R.A.T.
Correct. (Ritchie, Alan, Teddy)

FYI, "The Dick Van Dyke Show" is one of my all-time favorite shows. It's in my top 3.

What did walnuts in the Petrie house have to do with outer space?

(And for bonus points, 1-can you name the planet?
2- and the name of the actor who made a guest appearance in this ep?).

In the episode "It May Look Like A Walnut", Danny Thomas was Kolak from the planet Twylo, and "walnuts" was a main theme throughout the episode.

Some examples:
When Laura made breakfast, she made scrambled walnuts instead of eggs.
Ritchie's bagged lunch that day was "a bag of walnuts".
When Laura came out of the closet, she slid into the room on a giant pile of walnuts.
In Rob's office, the desk was filled with walnuts.
In Laura's nightmare, Danny Thomas was throwing walnuts at her, and everywhere he hit her, she'd lose a thumb and grow an eye.

I could go on and on. That's one of my favorite episodes.

Who did Don Rickles play on "The Dick Van Dyke Show"?

And for bonus points, where did he meet Rob and Laura, (in the flashback), and where did they visit him, (in their present day)?

It's anyone's turn. But since I' m here, I 'll try and keep the
Dick Van Dyke theme going a turn or two longer . I do agree with @gbgoodies that this is one of my favorite shows, and that the Walnut ep is decidedly a fave ep of mine too. And btw, no matter how often I rewatch the show; I never remember all of Buddy's one liners, so they're always fresh.

Don Rickles played a thief, I believe named Lyle. He met Rob and Laura while trying to rob them in an elevator, which got stuck between floors. As an inveterate thief, he wound up in jail, which is where the Petries visited him.

Well I'm pretty sure I got that last one right, so I'll post one more, a fairly easy one, I think;

When and where did Rob, Laura, Buddy and Sally perform together, with each representing a different musical instrument?

And here's a bonus poser that even I can't remember offhand, but I bet our @gbgoodies can:

Which musical instrument was represented by each one of them?

Whoa good on you! @Gideon58. I had to look this one up. Btw, it was from the Alan Brady Xmas show. And for further validation, and the enjoyment of those who enjoy this show; I post the following video.
(your turn Gid)

On the NBC sitcom, Caroline in the City, Caroline's best friend Annie (Amy Pietz) was an actress who was a cast member of what long running Broadway musical?

"Cats" is correct, Joe and as for your other question, wasn't she a cartoonist? The only other cartoonist I remember was William Windom in My World and Welcome to It

Didn't Ted Knight play a cartoonist in Too Close for Comfort?

This IS a fun thread @Velvet; glad to have you here. And join in anytime, if you like.

Carline was a cartoonist, of course, as was Ted Knight on "Too Close for Comfort." I don't know the William Windom series. I also was thinking of a short-lived 80s sitcom that starred the zany star of a number of 90s comedy movies.