MAY the best song win....

Tools    

Same as was done in previous tournaments of this type.....
  • Join in and drop out as you please
  • No set number of nominations, nominate on the fly
  • Max song duration: 10 minutes
  • No individual matches means no random or host 'fixing' the matches
  • Only one nomination per person per 'round'
  • Only those with songs nominated in any 'round' are eligible to vote; except the 'Final' where all those that have previously nominated a song in the month may vote should they wish

Every couple of days will be a new 'round' where any and all newly nominated songs are up against each other. As soon as voting starts for one 'round' nominations will be accepted for the next 'round'.

Players vote by ranking all the songs in that 'round' from 1 (their favourite) to n (their least favourite). Songs will be awarded points based on their positional ranking in each vote (number of points will depend on the number of songs contesting the 'round' - if 10 songs #1 song would get 10 points, #10 song would get 1 point).

The winning song from each 'round' (or songs in the case of a tie) goes through to the 'Final' at the end of the month.

Songs that made it to previous 'finals' are ineligible -
list here  

Simples but if any relevant questions just ask.

ROUND 1 will open for voting at 9 a.m. BST on May 1st, nominations accepted up to that point.

I'm probably way too busy to participate right now, but if I get a chance to pop in for a round or two, I will.
Tha's cool - pop in and pop out whenever suits, partly why I much prefer this format. At the current rate of participation rounds may not require much investment of time at all

Still 26 hours to the start though so maybe a few more might join...

That elusive hide-and-seek cow is at it again
Will search for something tonight after work. Nice to see this pop back up. Needing outworld distractions atm.

"Ever try to forcibly pin down a house cat? It's not easy." - Captain Steel

"I just can't get pass sticking a finger up a dog's butt." - John Dumbear

A warm welcome to those returning and both Neiba and Captain Terror who take part in one of these for the first time, hopefully you all find it an enjoyable little diversion from Covid life for the month of May...

Cold Waste - Ichisan

Dream Theater - Dystopian Overture

Styx - Don't Let It End

Popol Vuh - Sing, For Song Drives Away the Wolves

Juju ft. Henning May - Vermissen

SUUNS - Pray

Please rank from 1 (your favourite) to 6 (your least favourite).
This round will stay open for voting until 9am BST on 3rd May.

Nominations for Round 2 are now open

1. Juju ft. Henning May - Vermissen
2. Styx - Don't Let It End
3. Cold Waste - Ichisan
4. Popol Vuh - Sing, For Song Drives Away the Wolves
5. SUUNS - Pray
6. Dream Theater - Dystopian Overture

1. Cold Waste - Ichisan
  2. Juju ft. Henning May - Vermissen
  3. SUUNS - Pray
  4. Popol Vuh - Sing, For Song Drives Away the Wolves
  5. Dream Theater - Dystopian Overture