The Personal Recommendation Hall of Fame III: Foreign Language Edition

Tools    

The trick is not minding
Ok, I'm trying to browse everybody's lists to make my picks... I'm having an issue with a few of you (I'm new here, so bear with me). Most of you, I can see the MoFo default lists and what they've crossed out, but a few of you have some personalized lists and no access (that I can see) to the other MoFo default lists. What am I missing?
Are you browsing in your phone or the laptop?
If on phone, it won’t come up iirc. On laptop it will, but your settings need to be set to default.
Changing that should give you access to their personalized lists I believe.
I had similar issues when trying to access the 1001 movies to see before you die lists.

Ok, I'm trying to browse everybody's lists to make my picks... I'm having an issue with a few of you (I'm new here, so bear with me). Most of you, I can see the MoFo default lists and what they've crossed out, but a few of you have some personalized lists and no access (that I can see) to the other MoFo default lists. What am I missing?
Just use the lists that you see when you hit the icon next to the star next to the avatar

I'm on my laptop, but I'll check with the star thingy. Thanks!

This is tough. The foreign thing is certainly the monkey in the wrench

Work is hell today. Sorry to everyone. I have most of my noms narrowed down, except 2 or 3 of you, but give me until 5:00pm.

I never could get the hang of Thursdays.
4 people tried making the same pick for Thursday Next, and it's not what I would call an obvious choice at all.
Really curious about this now. I wonder if I'll be able to guess when the nominations are revealed.

Ok, in between all the mess at work, I managed to narrow down what films I could recommend to everyone based on some of the lists and what I've seen. But now I need to narrow it down to each one of you. Give me a couple of hours to get out of this hellhole and I'll send the noms once I get home.

Really curious about this now. I wonder if I'll be able to guess when the nominations are revealed.
My original choice for you was one of the movies I was most sure of. I wish it hadn't already been taken. Oh well, I can say it's a good one!

Ok, in between all the mess at work, I managed to narrow down what films I could recommend to everyone based on some of the lists and what I've seen. But now I need to narrow it down to each one of you. Give me a couple of hours to get out of this hellhole and I'll send the noms once I get home.
Don't stress, it's all good and if it helps I like 50s-60s classic cinema, especially fond of classic Japanese films with a sentimental touch.

Women will be your undoing, Pépé
I'm getting my recs put together and will get them over to cricket this evening

got them sent over. Did double noms for two people, just in case and we'll see which others I may have to re-nominate for.
I'm happy with the majority of the ones I sent out to folks. A lot of them "feel right". I think the hardest was Allaby since I really have no idea about his(?) preferences.
I do have to do a number of blind-grabs though, we'll see how that works out.

I don’t feel good about any of mine. I just went with films I thought were good and felt should be seen.
🤷
It is a tricky thing to pull off. Neiba had it down to an art.

The trick is not minding
It is a tricky thing to pull off. Neiba had it down to an art.
It’s funny, the current Personal Recc 2 my films have gotten largely good to great reviews. I expect to place much better then previously.
In this one, I’m more interested in watching films and hoping for certain ones selected for me