1940's Hall of Fame II

Tools    

How is that a 'Camo'? I'm like the most planned in advance member on the site, no post i make hasn't been discussed with a team of lawyers for 3 hours prior to me posting it.

The only 'Camo' part of your post was using my smilie without my permission.

How is that a 'Camo'? I'm like the most planned in advance member on the site, no post i make hasn't been discussed with a team of lawyers for 3 hours prior to me posting it.

The only 'Camo' part of your post was using my smilie without my permission.
She can nominate something she hasn't seen

I know you told us in advance when you were going to start this, but I didn't utilize any of that time to come up with a nomination.
Don't feel bad I'm still trying to decide what to nominate. Hmmm, I'll figure it out...

We have 5 days until this officially starts, so just a suggestion to everyone who's already in the 13th Hof of Musical Artist Hof, use the next 5 days to watch a bunch of the noms in those Hofs, before this starts. That way you'll be in good shape to finish those Hofs. Just a friendly tip

After thinking about it, I actually have 2 or 3 films in mind to nominate.
Spoiler: none of them are German.

I've just been terribly indecisive lately, and I haven't seen either of the films I'm considering in well over a decade. One of them is approaching 20 years. I likely won't have time to rewatch them before the deadline for nominations either, because I want to finish the 2 films I have left for the 13th HoF first.

She can nominate something she hasn't seen
Sure, but that makes it even harder and would still result in her having to think about her nom. If she has an enormous watchlist for the 40's like me then that definitely made it more difficult. I went through a bunch of stuff after i sent Citizen a message saying i'd join and asking if i could pick something i hadn't seen, in the end i had tonnes of films i wanted to nominate and more stuff i wanted to go through and i ended up going for one of the first i had listed because i couldn't be bothered going through everything haha. Also it was for a specific reason that i'll mention when the nominations are up.

If i was going for something i'd seen it would have been alot easier for me. I don't ever really think about my noms for the HOF's: i feel if i do i'll start thinking about silly things like which one would most likely win. In the end i just go with my mood at the time i send the PM with something i want to show to you guys.

Picking something you haven't seen is so difficult in comparison.

I've been watching 40's movies randomly, some recommendations, but mostly just off of other mofo lists which is how I found my nom. I'd be surprised if anyone who joins this HoF will have seen it, but I think it'll do pretty well.

The most loathsome of all goblins
I hadn't seen Pursued when i nominated but i ended up really loving it. Here's my post about it - https://www.movieforums.com/communit...29#post1611629

Hope you nominated something i've been wanting to see from Walsh, if it wasn't and it was the other 40's film from him i've seen then that's cool too i'd like to give that another shot.
From your review I see the other Walsh film you've watched is White Heat, which as much as I love that film, it was not my nom. Instead I chose one of his collaborations with my all-time favorite actor.

I'm pleased to see how much you loved Pursued. I have the blu-ray from Olive Films sitting on my shelf right now, it's a magnificent movie.

I've been watching 40's movies randomly, some recommendations, but mostly just off of other mofo lists which is how I found my nom. I'd be surprised if anyone who joins this HoF will have seen it, but I think it'll do pretty well.
I went through your lists to see if you had seen the one i nominated, after i nominated it. Won't say if you had or not yet.

What it taught me was that you have seen an insane amount of films from those lists over the past few years haha.

From your review I see the other Walsh film you've watched is White Heat, which as much as I love that film, it was not my nom. Instead I chose one of his collaborations with my all-time favorite actor.

I'm pleased to see how much you loved Pursued. I have the blu-ray from Olive Films sitting on my shelf right now, it's a magnificent movie.
Very glad to see it wasn't White Heat. I think i've seen another Walsh film but i can't remember off the top of my head, those are the only 40's ones though at least.

Also, must admit i became like a mother bear over Pursued after i actually watched and loved it. I'm very proud of these two defensive posts haha, they were so kneejerk and written off the cuff because those posts were things i wrote when i had just seen and was really into Pursued:

https://www.movieforums.com/communit...52#post1612152

https://www.movieforums.com/communit...62#post1612162

Would've liked that conversation with gbg to have lasted longer. I find i always have good conversations with gbg and miss her early days when she posted all the time.

Oh well, we have the Looney Tunes/Animated Shorts HOF's that will keep us together

Women will be your undoing, Pépé
just saw this; I'm in - obviously and sending my nom in now.
I have known previously that it is a little hard to find, so if it is a problem, I will pick another if necessary and with everyone's okay if it becomes an issue

Save the Texas Prairie Chicken
Well, I think my nomination is one that people have seen. At least, I know that Citizen Rules has seen it, I am pretty sure Camo has seen it, and I am 50/50 as to whether or not cricket has seen it. So I will apologize to you guys - and anyone else that may have seen it - if I nominated one that the majority has seen.

I nominated it because, in all honesty, I haven't seen it in a long time and I really want to watch it again.

I watched Sergeant York last night (all I ever think is "Dick Sargent. Dick York. Sergeant York." - and no, @Citizen Rules, I didn't watch Gettysburg last night - I ended up watching Sergeant York instead - Gettysburg will be tonight ). I wouldn't mind seeing some more movies like that get nominated.

Of course, I would love to see The Pride of the Yankees get nominated. Don't be surprised if I don't really push this movie, or occasionally mention it randomly in here.

As for a Raoul Walsh film, there are a few that I could actually see someone nominating. I know which one I would like it to be, but I am pretty certain it won't be that one.

Of course, I would love to see The Pride of the Yankees get nominated. Don't be surprised if I don't really push this movie, or occasionally mention it randomly in here.

As for a Raoul Walsh film, there are a few that I could actually see someone nominating. I know which one I would like it to be, but I am pretty certain it won't be that one.
It's like Vamp's Christmas wish list The Pride of the Yankees that's certainly worth watching. I'll have to check out Raoul Walsh's filmography and see which of his movies you might mean.

I still have decided myself on a nom

Well, I think my nomination is one that people have seen. At least, I know that Citizen Rules has seen it, I am pretty sure Camo has seen it, and I am 50/50 as to whether or not cricket has seen it. So I will apologize to you guys - and anyone else that may have seen it - if I nominated one that the majority has seen.
Don't apologize. Well to me at least, those other guys might be furious haha. I'm just really glad you took over hosting the Countdown (thanks again) and if your nom is something that i've seen that isn't currently in contention for my list i'll give it another shot. If it's already on my list right now i probably won't watch it again.

Save the Texas Prairie Chicken
Vamp, I loved Sergeant York and it was 1 of 3 movies I considered along with Mildred Pierce and the one I chose.
I know a couple of times you and I have been on the same wavelength with nominations. I wanted to try to make sure I didn't nominate one that you might consider this time.

I know a couple of times you and I have been on the same wavelength with nominations. I wanted to try to make sure I didn't nominate one that you might consider this time.
Strangely so

One of the best things was: Vamp geting kinda angry then apologizing for it in a very sincere way even though no one had really noticed.

Vamp is one of the few members here who should be allowed to post whatever IMO.