1940's Hall Of Fame Part I

Tools    

2022 Mofo Fantasy Football Champ
You don't know me well, I strongly disliked Bicycle Thieves.

I was pretty sure not many have seen what i nominated. Now I'm not sure....

You don't know me well, I strongly disliked Bicycle Thieves.

I was pretty sure not many have seen what i nominated. Now I'm not sure....
Ahh, I didn't even know you'd seen it before. I wouldn't be surprised if you have to watch it again and real soon

Women will be your undoing, Pépé
Gonna FINALLY jump into one of this, sent in my Nom.

Gonna FINALLY jump into one of this, sent in my Nom.
Awesome man . Been hoping that you'd get yourself involved in the forum a bit more for a while because i usually enjoy your RTLMYS posts.

I'm still considering this, i'm just about done with the Animation HOF (one new watch and two rewatches including my own nom) and i'm much more interested in watching 40s films than Sci-Fi Films if i'm honest. Seans: "Camo - on the fence" comment was because i asked him if it was alright if i see how many join and what they nominate before deciding, so if you guys are alright with me deciding after Sean does the reveal there's a good chance i will.

Also if people are cool with me nominating something i haven't actually seen, otherwise i'd have to go with something really obvious. Got something in mind and not one of those i mentioned in that last post.

...so if you guys are alright with me deciding after Sean does the reveal there's a good chance i will.
I'm OK with that...or another way of doing it is, just before Sean does the reveal he could either post or PM you how many members we have and then you decide. But you should decide yes.

I doubt we will get anymore members, I'm very happy Edarsenal joined I took a chance and PMed him and glad he joined!

Also if people are cool with me nominating something i haven't actually seen...
That's fine with me.

Women will be your undoing, Pépé
Thanks Camo! I always enjoy reading yours in RTLMYS as well.
I've been on the fence for YEARS!! for doing this like CR mentioned, he was kind enough to give me a push in PM to get me to join and 40's HOF is one I'm sure I'll really enjoy.

Also, my nomination is actually one I haven't seen but looks very good with an actor I'm a huge fan of. I kinda jumped the gun thinking I was down to the wire to join, but I had a good feeling with it and I usually find some great gems that way, so, I'm gonna ask the same as Camo about selecting one I haven't seen yet.

I'm OK with that...or another way of doing it is, just before Sean does the reveal he could either post or PM you how many members we have and then you decide. But you should decide yes.

I doubt we will get anymore members, I'm very happy Edarsenal joined I took a chance and PMed him and glad he joined!

That's fine with me.
Thanks . He's doing the reveal tomorrow so i'd rather just wait til he does it; i'm not doing anything at all tomorrow so i should be about when he does the reveal and i'd just be adding a slightly late addition like MM's in the 11th except mine would be before anyone had started watching anything.

If i do join it's going to be interesting nominating something i haven't seen knowing i could think it is the worst film in the HOF, haha. The one i'm thinking of is from a well regarded director but not one of his most well known films.

Nothing good comes from staying with normal people
Also if people are cool with me nominating something i haven't actually seen...
Almost did that myself for the same reasons. Then I found my original nom and when that didn't work I just didn't have enough energy to go looking for something, hence my nom being a famous one. But as far as I'm concerened, go ahead.

Almost did that myself for the same reasons. Then I found my original nom and when that didn't work I just didn't have enough energy to go looking for something, hence my nom being a famous one. But as far as I'm concerened, go ahead.
I think a not-seen HOF would be interesting. Everybody nominates something they themselves haven't seen but have been wanting to, would be funny how the lists turned out.

I love the idea of the person who nominated something being in the minority arguing that his own nom is awful after seeing it

Nothing good comes from staying with normal people
Sean, I think we need a new post in the "coming attractions" section of the HoF records. A "Have not seen" HoF hosted by Camo! Make it so!

Sean, I think we need a new post in the "coming attractions" section of the HoF records. A "Have not seen" HoF hosted by Camo! Make it so!
Go for it. Only members with usernames beginning with C and ending with AMO can join though.

I've been creeping on this thread because I wasn't entirely sure if I was going to participate or not. I didn't want to pick one of the "obvious" films that would likely make the top 20 of the upcoming 40s Countdown, but since my knowledge of 40s films is rather limited, I couldn't really think of anything else.

Until a few minutes ago that is. I'm not sure why I didn't think of my nomination earlier in the week, because I think it's a very appropriate choice for the decade, historically. I'm looking forward to seeing what everyone else nominated. I'm sure there'll be a lot that are new to me haha.

Save the Texas Prairie Chicken
As of last Thursday morning (which is when I believe I was last on this site) I have NOT been able to get on my computer (which is why I haven't been around). The thing is STILL updating since last week. I am not too sure about what I can do about it but take it to get looked at. And I won't be doing that anytime soon because I just can't afford it right now.

Anyway, my point of mentioning this is because I fully expected to join this HoF (and I believe there were at least 3 others that anticipated my participation, too). But unless I can get online, I can't join. And, as of right now, it isn't happening anytime in the near future. At least that is my hunch.

I am doing this from the library right now. And I don't know how often I can make it to the library. I am thinking it might be a once-a-week thing. I would try to come on here again tomorrow, but that is Saturday and the library is busier then, which means less of a chance of getting a computer to use. And that goes for all the libraries in the metro area.

So I can't join this one. I had a list of 11 movies that I thought would be decent nominations, too. Oh, well. I did consider joining anyway, BUT if ANY of the movies have to be watched online, I can't do that. So that is what made me make the final decision of NOT joining.

It is a terribly big disappointment for me, but it seems like you guys will have more than enough movies to keep you busy, anyway.

Maybe with the next 40's HoF I won't have all of this nonsense with my computer anymore.

Hopefully!