A song for August

Tools    

Sadly no votes from pahaK, CaptainT or Swan but time is up (plus a lil bit) so here's the results......

1st - Led Zeppelin - Ramble On (98 pts)

2nd - Dorothy Moore - Misty Blue (95 pts)
3rd - The Platters - The Great Pretender (90 pts)
4th - Cream - White Room (86 pts)
5th - Elle King - Good Thing Gone (83 pts)
6th - The Carpenters - We've Only Just Begun (82 pts)
7th - Rainbow - Stargazer (79pts)
8th - The Wilder Blue - Palomino Gold (75 pts)
9th - The Beach Boys - Don't Worry Baby (69 pts)
10th - Jack White - Love Is Blindness (67 pts)
11th - The Flaming Lips - One More Robot/Sympathy 3000-21 (62 pts)
12th - Devil Doll - Faith In Love (59 pts)
13th - Iamdoechii - Spooky Coochie (56 pts)

Congrats to all those with songs in the Final and well done jiraffejustin on taking down the win

Warmest thanks as always to all those that took part, I hope you found it a somewhat enjoyable experience/distraction and maybe even found a new tune or two to hum.

Congrats jiraffejustin

Thanks Chypmunk for hosting, as always it's been a great tournament, with very cool and diverse songs, thanks all participants, added many songs to my daily playlist I hadn't heard of before.

Congrats JJ on the win.

And thanks Chyp for another grand job hosting. See you all again in a few months.

Congrats jiraffejustin and thanks Chypmunk for running the game. It's probably the most fun one I've played since I joined the forum.
If any of you disliked any of my songs, I hope they didn't annoy you too much.

Congrats to jj, and thanks to Chyp for running this!

A system of cells interlinked
Thanks again, Chyp!

Always a fun time.

That elusive hide-and-seek cow is at it again
thanks chyp.
if that is even your real name....

"Ever try to forcibly pin down a house cat? It's not easy." - Captain Steel

"I just can't get pass sticking a finger up a dog's butt." - John Dumbear

I thought of an idea for the next game or a future one: what about themed rounds? There could be a '70s round, an acoustic round, a female-fronted band round, etc. We could mine the Baker's Dozen Music game for ideas.

I'm not saying every round should have a theme, but maybe a few of them could be chosen at random to have one. The only drawback I can think of is that there may be fewer participants if the theme is not anyone's cup of tea.

We've certainly had themed tournaments in the past, with the old format. Themes have included 1970s, female singers, songs about 'cars, trucks or driving', instrumentals only, halloween, love & heartbreak, summer songs, 'old fogeys' (songs pre 1960), lesser known songs, country songs, Christmas songs, cover versions, funk & soul songs to name just a few.

I know @gbgoodies was talking about possibly hosting one (or more perhaps) again at some point, presumably with the current format. Only real drawback with this format is you really need a minimum of six players per round or the chances of tied winners start to become too high and the chance of a supersized Final with 20+ songs becomes more likely. I doubt she'd mind someone else participating in running them as well.

I'm perfectly happy for others to run tournaments as well btw. This new format really is a doddle to run, requiring very little of one's time.

I'm perfectly happy for others to run tournaments as well btw. This new format really is a doddle to run, requiring very little of one's time.
sure. herding us stray cats into a proper time zone takes NO time at all!! so modest.

sure. herding us stray cats into a proper time zone takes NO time at all!! so modest.
Shush you, or I'll charge the cattle prod up again

Alright, fine. If there must be a theme, then obviously it should be Bowie-themed. More specifically, Ziggy Stardust and the Spiders from Mars. Pick your favorite track from that album and let them compete. Technically, that's an impossible feet as they are all best. Like Julia Roberts brother, the BEST of the best. We can all be Blackstars. That could be aaaaaalright. Awful nice. Really quite out of sight.

Sigh... I will smile sadly, cuz that would be a short game =\ I could judge it right now actually. Title track Ziggy Stardust wins.

thanks, all, for playing!!

GG

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
here's the results......

1st - Led Zeppelin - Ramble On (98 pts)

Congrats to all those with songs in the Final and well done jiraffejustin on taking down the win

Warmest thanks as always to all those that took part, I hope you found it a somewhat enjoyable experience/distraction and maybe even found a new tune or two to hum.

Congratulations @jiraffejustin on the win!

Thank you @Chypmunk for a great job running another fun tournament!

I thought of an idea for the next game or a future one: what about themed rounds? There could be a '70s round, an acoustic round, a female-fronted band round, etc. We could mine the Baker's Dozen Music game for ideas.

I'm not saying every round should have a theme, but maybe a few of them could be chosen at random to have one. The only drawback I can think of is that there may be fewer participants if the theme is not anyone's cup of tea.

I prefer the themed tournaments, especially the ones that are not genre specific, because I think it makes people think a little bit outside the box for nominations, and we tend to get more songs that we don't hear all the time in these tournaments.

We've certainly had themed tournaments in the past, with the old format. Themes have included 1970s, female singers, songs about 'cars, trucks or driving', instrumentals only, halloween, love & heartbreak, summer songs, 'old fogeys' (songs pre 1960), lesser known songs, country songs, Christmas songs, cover versions, funk & soul songs to name just a few.

I know @gbgoodies was talking about possibly hosting one (or more perhaps) again at some point, presumably with the current format. Only real drawback with this format is you really need a minimum of six players per round or the chances of tied winners start to become too high and the chance of a supersized Final with 20+ songs becomes more likely. I doubt she'd mind someone else participating in running them as well.

I would definitely like to run another tournament at some point, but my schedule has been a bit crazy, so I doubt that I could do it anytime soon.

Alright, fine. If there must be a theme, then obviously it should be Bowie-themed. More specifically, Ziggy Stardust and the Spiders from Mars. Pick your favorite track from that album and let them compete. Technically, that's an impossible feet as they are all best. Like Julia Roberts brother, the BEST of the best. We can all be Blackstars. That could be aaaaaalright. Awful nice. Really quite out of sight.

Sigh... I will smile sadly, cuz that would be a short game =\ I could judge it right now actually. Title track Ziggy Stardust wins.

thanks, all, for playing!!

GG

I think I only know two David Bowie songs.

And nothing with spiders should ever be allowed in these tournaments.