Sad Songs Song Tournament

Tools    

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
Would somebody outside of the U.S. please check these two links to make sure that they work in other countries? (Videos in this format are sometimes U.S. only videos.) Thank You.

Electrelane - I Only Always Think
The Smiths - Last Night I Dreamt That Somebody Loved Me
They don't work for me.

@mistique Thank You.

@d_chatterley The two links listed above don't work outside of the U.S., so we need an alternate link for each of those songs that will work outside of the U.S.

If these these links work outside of the U.S., are these links okay as alternate links for those songs, or do you have different links that you prefer?

@mistique Thank You.

@d_chatterley The two links listed above don't work outside of the U.S., so we need an alternate link for each of those songs that will work outside of the U.S.

If these these links work outside of the U.S., are these links okay as alternate links for those songs, or do you have different links that you prefer?

@d_chatterley I added these two links as alternates for these songs, but if you have different links that you prefer, let me know and I'll use whatever links you prefer.

@d_chatterley I added these two links as alternates for these songs, but if you have different links that you prefer, let me know and I'll use whatever links you prefer.

Sorry, totally messed up my reply to you. In any case, if any of these links bellow work outside the US that would be great. @gbgoodies:

If not, the ones you suggested will work just fine. Thank you for doing that.

... if any of these links bellow work outside the US that would be great.
Middle Electrelane link works here, both of The Smiths links work.

I've quickly run through all the other noms and all play here Gbg.

Sorry, totally messed up my reply to you. In any case, if any of these links bellow work outside the US that would be great. @gbgoodies:

If not, the ones you suggested will work just fine. Thank you for doing that.
Middle Electrelane link works here, both of The Smiths links work.

I've quickly run through all the other noms and all play here Gbg.

@d_chatterley I used the middle link for the Electrelane song because Chyp said it works for him, and I used the second link for The Smiths song because the length of the song matched your original link.

@Chypmunk Thanks for the help.

So, when are we starting to vote? I'm so excited this will be fun

We'll probably start on Tuesday. I'm waiting for Ðèstîñy's nominations, and if nobody else joins, we might add a few more songs per person.

A "normal" song tournament is usually 128 songs, and right now we have 10 people who joined, so that's only 80 songs total. If each person wants to add 4 more songs, and 8 people will each get 1 more bonus nomination (5 more noms for those people), we can bring the total up to 128 songs total.

Do you guys want to each add 4 or 5 more songs each, or do you just want to go with the 80 songs that we will have once Ðèstîñy's nominations are added?

We'll probably start on Tuesday. I'm waiting for Ðèstîñy's nominations, and if nobody else joins, we might add a few more songs per person.

A "normal" song tournament is usually 128 songs, and right now we have 10 people who joined, so that's only 80 songs total. If each person wants to add 4 more songs, and 8 people will each get 1 more bonus nomination (5 more noms for those people), we can bring the total up to 128 songs total.

Do you guys want to each add 4 or 5 more songs each, or do you just want to go with the 80 songs that we will have once Ðèstîñy's nominations are added?
I'm ok either way - if it's increased to a 128 song tourney it might take a couple of days for the extra noms to come in from everyone but then Cheltenham is on this week (Tue - Fri) so any delay won't really impact myself anyway

@Chypmunk @christine @Ðèstîñy @Little Devil @Nestorio_Miklos @d_chatterley @Sarge @mistique @Derek Vinyard

I prefer a 128-song tournament, so if everyone is okay with that, you can start posting your extra nominations. I'll only post 4 extra noms, and 1 other person will only get 4 extra noms, so I put everyone names (except mine) into a randomizer, and the first 8 people will get 5 extra noms, but the last person will only get 4 extra noms.

This is the list from Random.org

D_chatterley - Add 5 extra noms
Mistique - Add 5 extra noms
Nestorio_Miklos - Add 5 extra noms
Chypmunk - Add 5 extra noms
Ðèstîñy - Add 5 extra noms
Christine - Add 5 extra noms
Little Devil - Add 5 extra noms
Sarge - Add 5 extra noms
Derek Vinyard - Add 4 extra noms

And I'll add 4 extra noms. That will bring us up to the 128 total songs for this tournament.

We'll be able to start the tournament after all the extra nominations are in.

MC for the Great Underground Circus
My noms

Tool - Schism
Tool - Sober
Tool - Wings for Mary 1
Metallica - Fade to Black
Radiohead - Morning Bell/Amnesiac [this is the live version of the Kid A album. I much prefer the Amnesiac album version but I can't find it anywhere on youtube]

Wow 128 songs, look like it will be an "insane" tourney - 'll put ma ears on occasions hope i find something to dig here

Too late for me to join?

I can compete with 3 or 4 songs total
“Let me tell you something you already know. The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place and I don't care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't about how hard ya hit. It's about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. How much you can take and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!” ~ Rocky Balboa

Legend in my own mind
I like your style! Oasis is my second favorite band after The Beatles. And Michael Jackson is my all-time favorite solo artist.
Oasis are my favourite band. Soundtrack to my life